Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What made the next gen Thief so awful?

The development was a complete shambles, nobody could really decide on what they wanted the game to be and due to this it suffered lots of overhauls and staff exits.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Just when I compared it to Dishonored, I went from that to Thief.

Thief just felt unfinished. AI seemed half baked, world seemed to be hardly populated. Loading screens when you climbed through windows. Just overall felt like someone took the original IP and tried to repackage a cheap Dishonored without the fun under the Thief name.

I think I remember at the time reading articles about how the game was redesigned just prior to release due to feedback, but figure that no matter what they had to go live and it was too little too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Orizio wrote: »
    What has any of that got to do with PS+ and XBone Gold. :confused:

Someone said he was swapping the PS4 for XOne if things didn't improve pretty explanatory if you bothered reading through a few posts on the thread but whatever :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I was an Xbox Live Subscriber for the guts of 10 years, I never got a "free game" for most of the time I was on it, that was until Sony started giving them out with PS+ four or five years ago -then of course MS decided to follow suit...

I had a PS3 and 360 at that stage and got a lot of games to play via PS+ and Live, I don't see much difference between the quality of them on either machine being honest, in a lot of cases I own them anyway, I don't go bitching like most do here every month when the games don't suit me personally.

Last month there was nothing that interested me, I didn't hop on here for a whinge - the entitlement some people think they have for paying 50 quid a year is comical...

You know who you are - you are here giving out most months offerings... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Tbh even besides the IGC, I make the subscription fee back easily over the year with the additional 10/20% discounts when sales and stuff pop up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

If people are unhappy with paying Sony the sub free(€1 a week), then they are free to sell it and buy an Xbox. Nobody is forcing you to pay it. If you're complaining about €1 a week, then perhaps another hobby would suit you best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Someone mentioned before that they've made millions this year from that game alone. Wonder how much was a direct result of PS+.

Probably was me usually I go on ranting about those devs because back in the Supersonic times they didn't like paid DLC... I would think they made a few million straight off the bat by giving it free, would they have got that with it being €20 a piece, probably not... Their paid DLC is what annoys me so much though, I think it's been 4 DLC's since launch with 3 of them costing €4 and 1 costing €2... I don't even think it's been half a year since it launched, you can argue that ohh their giving free maps, but the free maps where poor up until this month when the Hockey was introduced...

Great game and love it to bits, but this paid DLC every month or 2 really needs to stop... I bought all the DLC bar the latest one, but I will end up buying it anyways...

I'll absolutely get dishonoured if it was on PS+. Had it on the previous gen but don't feel like I played it right.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Frankly if a developer can guarantee a steady stream of money with cosmetic DLC that doesn't divide the playerbase... more power to them. Makes commercial sense, has no impact on the players. Buy it, ignore it, it's your choice entirely - the way it should be, TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    If people are unhappy with paying Sony the sub free(€1 a week), then they are free to sell it and buy an Xbox. Nobody is forcing you to pay it. If you're complaining about €1 a week, then perhaps another hobby would suit you best.

Some people are unhappy at the service they receive for their money and as consumers they have that right, this is a plus thread and that's what it's here for...... To discuss plus pros and CONS although certain folks on here refuse to admit that plus has any problems(as if we're lucky we get to pay for it) and any negative statements are usually met with if you don't like it don't pay it..... Great rebuttal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I've played over 2,000 matches in Rocket League. Dont think I can complain about my €50 worth for 2015 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Rocket League was grand, limbo too but really that's it for me...maybe 30 euro worth. Still got a few months to go though.

It's still too invested in PS3. They had their time

I've played over 2,000 matches in Rocket League. Dont think I can complain about my €50 worth for 2015 :pac:

Psyonix have made a revenue of $50m off of the game so far since its release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Xenji wrote: »
    Psyonix have made a revenue of $50m off of the game so far since its release.

I've bought all DLC so far, out of guilt at how much I played it more than anything.

Frankly if a developer can guarantee a steady stream of money with cosmetic DLC that doesn't divide the playerbase... more power to them. Makes commercial sense, has no impact on the players. Buy it, ignore it, it's your choice entirely - the way it should be, TBH.

It's precisely what made TF2 so successful - the cosmetic differences make absolutely no difference and some people love the hats. I much prefer it like other Pay-to-Win games, where you have to pay real world money for the best guns, which make you more powerful than someone that hasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hardware: Rivals (PS4)
    Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4)
    Dragon Age: Origins (PS3)
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PS3)
    Nihilumbra (PS Vita)
    Legends of War: Patton (PS Vita)

Do yourself a favour and play Dragon Age on PC instead

ShaneU wrote: »
    Hardware: Rivals (PS4)
    Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4)
    Dragon Age: Origins (PS3)
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PS3)
    Nihilumbra (PS Vita)
    Legends of War: Patton (PS Vita)

Do yourself a favour and play Dragon Age on PC instead

Nihilumbra is the pick of the bunch there, the main story only takes 2-3 hours but it has good replayability.

Dragon Age: Origins would be my pick of the lot. The first game really is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Deep Six wrote: »
    So...anybody take guesses on what's coming in January for us? Not getting my hopes up as December was a massive **** you to every PS plus subscriber, but a AAA is surely on the cards?

PgYutnE.jpg?1

Happy now? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Very nearly bought Grim Fandango a while back, looking forward to playing it I remember watching my brothers play it when I was young looked pretty epic... Also nearly bought on Steam too, but not a fan of PC gaming so glad I waited... I suppose it and Hardware Rivals will have to do... I miss my PS3 and Vita :(

• Advertisement

Grim Fandango is an incredible game, with some of the most lovable and best written characters, excellent setting & atmosphere, incredible voice acting, and an intriguing and captivating story. Plus they've completely revised all the graphics, bringing it to the modern age.

If you can get it for free, absolutely do that. It will take up hours of your life - it's essentially an epic story spanning 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Grim Fandango is an incredible game, with some of the most lovable and best written characters, excellent setting & atmosphere, incredible voice acting, and an intriguing and captivating story. Plus they've completely revised all the graphics, bringing it to the modern age.

If you can get it for free, absolutely do that. It will take up hours of your life - it's essentially an epic story spanning 4 years.

Absolutely agree. It is one of my all time favorites. Cannot wait to play it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

And for people calling it an idie game it was a AAA PC game back 1998 with stunning reviews across the board.

Absolutely. It was a commercial, critical, and audience success more or less across the board, by the best adventure game studio to have ever existed, alongside LucasArts games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Oh wow, great to see all the Grim Fandango praise. I bought it last month but haven't had time to play it yet, pity I didn't wait a month to get it for free but it was on sale for only €5.99 (versus the full-price €14.99), and given all the good reviews, that was a bargain. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

At this stage everyone knows what to expect regarding PS4 - critically well received 'indies' or non-AAA titles.

If those games, along with the online play, aren't good value for you, then don't bother renewing.

Orizio wrote: »
    If those games, along with the online play, aren't good value for you, then don't bother renewing.

So after spending €400 on a console with crappy paid for online service if you don't like it tough, is your answer? Personally kicked 5 times in 24hours yesterday and that is acceptable?
    I and many others ONLY pay for multiplayer!
    But the standard rebuttal again if you don't like it don't pay for it! Is that the only argument available? If your car breaks down every 5 miles and you take it back would you accept "if you don't like it don't drive it"

The only way it will improve is if the community makes enough noise that Sony has to start improvements,

cadete wrote: »
    So after spending €400 on a console with crappy paid for online service if you don't like it tough, is your answer? Personally kicked 5 times in 24hours yesterday and that is acceptable?
    I and many others ONLY pay for multiplayer!
    But the standard rebuttal again if you don't like it don't pay for it! Is that the only argument available? If your car breaks down every 5 miles and you take it back would you accept "if you don't like it don't drive it"

The only way it will improve is if the community makes enough noise that Sony has to start improvements,

A lot of people seem to think that every issue with their connection is Sony's fault. I bet there were hundreds of thousand of people playing on PSN yesterday that weren't kicekd once.

A lot of people seem to think that every issue with their connection is Sony's fault. I bet there were hundreds of thousand of people playing on PSN yesterday that weren't kicekd once.

The same argument goes both ways what's your point?

• Advertisement

cadete wrote: »
    The same argument goes both ways what's your point?

Buy a better router, pay for a better speed, or change provider.

I have unbelievably bad internet, so bad that I actually can't stream and play at the same time, because it slows down my connection and the stream always jitters or stops completely.

But I've never once been kicked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement