Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

dohboy wrote: »
    Yeh, God forbid people discuss PSN in a PSN Discussion Thread.

That's what we are doing, what he said was less bitching about it all the time.

That's like me going over to the Destiny forums and bitching about how sh1te I think the game is constantly but I don't.

What's the chances of Dishonoured being a free game of the month? I'm tempted by the sale price right now, but might hold off if I can get it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What's the chances of Dishonoured being a free game of the month? I'm tempted by the sale price right now, but might hold off if I can get it for free.

I'd say its fairly high tbh, with the Sequel coming up they may want to boost interest.

Or has it been PS+ before?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'd say its fairly high tbh, with the Sequel coming up they may want to boost interest.

Or has it been PS+ before?

PS3 version was on PS+ a few months ago

Good point re: coming out before the release of #2. I'll hold of so. Have already owned it and completed it on 360, but felt I didn't get out of it as much as others, because I played it run and gun and not stealth/strategy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

ERG89 wrote: »

Was on PS+ last March. Fantastic game.

van_beano wrote: »
    Was on PS+ last March. Fantastic game.

For PS3 or PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

ERG89 wrote: »

Was wondering how I had it on PS3, didn't think I bought it.

In that case I highly doubt it'll come up again bony, go for it.

Was the remaster even out on PS4 before it was on PS3 PS+? Can't remember when it was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

PS3 version has already been offered, the chances of the remaster being offered for the PS4 is minuscule, I would get it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Was the remaster even out on PS4 before it was on PS3 PS+? Can't remember when it was released.
    The remaster came out on August 28th. The original was on PS+ from April 8th to May 6th.

Xenji wrote: »
    PS3 version has already been offered, the chances of the remaster being offered for the PS4 is minuscule, I would get it now.

They brought out Guacamelee on both PS3 and PS4 on different PS+ months so doing the same with Dishonored wouldn't be that long of a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They brought out Guacamelee on both PS3 and PS4 on different PS+ months so doing the same with Dishonored wouldn't be that long of a shot.

Nearly 18 months later, plus Dishonoured is a AAA game and when we do start getting AAA games they will more than likely be titles that were released in the first 12 months of the console if the PS3 was anything to go by, I think Burnout Paradise was the first physical AAA offering.

Xenji wrote: »
    Nearly 18 months later, plus Dishonoured is a AAA game and when we do start getting AAA games they will more than likely be titles that were released in the first 12 months of the console if the PS3 was anything to go by, I think Burnout Paradise was the first physical AAA offering.

In theory, the remastered Dishonored is the same as the original Dishonored (going by a quick Google search). With Dishonored being 3 years or so old at this stage plus with the Dishonored 2 coming out, there's no reason for it to be completely disregarded from the PS+ soon.

In reality though, I would be more optimistic if it was the PS+ of 2013 when the PS3 was getting big titles like Metro Last Light, Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2 etc.

It's really a guessing game if it'll be on PS+ soon, the game is definitely worth the money, I had it bought well before it was on PS+.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Should this month's free games be appearing for download yet?

I'm definitely on Plus but for some reason they're not displaying correctly...

Someone mentioned it's the first Tuesday of the month when they get updated?

Should this month's free games be appearing for download yet?

I'm definitely on Plus but for some reason they're not displaying correctly...

Should be visible around midday Tues the 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Perfect, cheers folks

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Micky money and free games. What a time to be alive

Micky money and free games. What a time to be alive

You're right, it is Childrens Allowance day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Should be visible around midday Tues the 5th

I think they're now live from around midnight. Unless the game is being launched that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Dishonored is only €10 in Smyths and Argos any ways, theres no point in waiting for it to come free to PS+ because more than likely we won't be getting titles like that for another while at least...

€10 on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

€10 on PS4?

Yup. That and Wolfenstein but there's none in any Argos anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Yup. That and Wolfenstein but there's none in any Argos anywhere

That's not a bargain.. It's a freebie. I won't have to spend any money on another game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

€10 on PS4?

Yep it's been €10 since before Christmas, probably will stay that price for a while so when more stock gets in could be picked up..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Started playing King's Quest last night, and what a delight it is :) I played some of the older games when I was really small, but this adds a modern twist without losing what worked about the series originally.

The production values are on a different scale to most episodic games. The tone is delightful - an engaging script full of wit and enthusiasm for the material. It all conjured up a Princess Bride vibe - which was only amplified when the unmistakable voice of Wallace Shawn was added to an already exemplary voice cast :) It has an old-school fairy tale mood, but also modernised - albeit not to the obnoxious extent seen in the likes of Shrek. The action sequences aren't much more than QTE sequences, but they're short, snappy, forgiving and thoroughly enjoyable. Luckily the puzzles so far have been logical and fun - hoping it doesn't drop down the same hole Broken Age did.

Pleasantly surprised at how good it is, to be honest, and looking forward to the rest of Episode 1 (which is very substantial, and IMO a very generous addition to the PS Plus lineup) and definitely considering investing in the rest of the series.

Did I mention how fantastic it looks? Lovely aesthetic that adds an extra painterly layer to the strong 80s animation inspired look. Looks great in motion too, with lots of attention played to environmental and character animation (the characters as much defined by their gestures as their voices). Takes strong advantage of a less than AAA budget to create something striking and memorable.

Kings%20Quest_20160105001446.jpg

My only reservation about King's Quest is Christopher Lloyd's voice acting. It just didn't feel like it gelled.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PS+ games are available now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

What is the story with the selection ?
    There looks like GTA V down as Free ? Although it's titled as Dragon age, then below it is Dragon age again ?
    I bought both anyway via my phone and will see when I get home :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement