Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I thought the fookers might of left the old plus games up a bit longer considering PSN was down. Hardware Rivals should be good fun, enjoyed the little bit of time I spent with the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What is the story with the selection ?
    There looks like GTA V down as Free ? Although it's titled as Dragon age, then below it is Dragon age again ?
    I bought both anyway via my phone and will see when I get home :D

Both down as Dragon age for me but has the below in the descripion
    Please note: This game can only be played on a PS4 system.

If you’re accessing this game on a PS3, here's how to download it to your PS4:

1. Click the [Download] box, situated to the left of this product description.

2. Switch on your PS4 system and sign-in to PSN with your PS Plus enabled account.

3. Go to [Library] on the PS4 systems's content launcher, where you'll find the game ready for download.

4. Click [Download].

5. Once the game has downloaded, you'll be ready to install and play. Remember, it’s yours to keep until your PlayStation Plus membership ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Pleasantly surprised at how good it is, to be honest, and looking forward to the rest of Episode 1 (which is very substantial, and IMO a very generous addition to the PS Plus lineup) and definitely considering investing in the rest of the series.

It's a pity that they didn't do some offer for people buying it through PS Plus. At the moment your two options are the Complete Collection with all 5 episodes and the exclusive epilogue or the Season Pass which is episodes 2-5 but with no epilogue. So if you want all the content, getting the first episode free on PS Plus is of no benefit to you at all.

nocoverart wrote: »
    I thought the fookers might of left the old plus games up a bit longer considering PSN was down. Hardware Rivals should be good fun, enjoyed the little bit of time I spent with the beta.

They were up longer. Generally, the last couple of months you could get the games from midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just when you say about Dragon Age showing as GTA, i searched for GTA earlier and GTA V had an icon for what looked like a music album or something.
    And I was only able to add one of the dragon Ages to my basket, though both showed up as purchased after checkout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

It's a pity that they didn't do some offer for people buying it through PS Plus. At the moment your two options are the Complete Collection with all 5 episodes and the exclusive epilogue or the Season Pass which is episodes 2-5 but with no epilogue. So if you want all the content, getting the first episode free on PS Plus is of no benefit to you at all.

Thats an absolute disgrace, you get episode 1 free as a PS+ title but it's not really free because you will have to actually buy the whole episode anyways in order to play the full game... I for one wouldn't throw my money at a company that treats it's customers like that... But to each their own I guess...

Thats an absolute disgrace, you get episode 1 free as a PS+ title but it's not really free because you will have to actually buy the whole episode anyways in order to play the full game... I for one wouldn't throw my money at a company that treats it's customers like that... But to each their own I guess...

For the love of God, get over it. They gave us a five hour game that is amongst the best of the past year and far superior to other episodic content such as the Telltale games. If you don't want to buy the other episodes then no one is forcing you to, it's ridiculous that people get so offended by the games they are basically getting for less than the cost of a cup of coffee.

Plus the fact they gave us the best adventure game, which could potentially take weeks to complete, for absolutely free this month. If you haven't downloaded Grim Fandango yet, why the hell haven't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Plus the fact they gave us the best adventure game, which could potentially take weeks to complete, for absolutely free this month. If you haven't downloaded Grim Fandango yet, why the hell haven't you?

Grim fandango is one of my all time favorite adventure games. I am looking forward to my ps4 run, having completed my pc run a few months ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There's also the fact that King's Quest is still on sale for the next few days anyway with a substantial price cut, making the lack of a PS Plus discount far less of an outrage (not that I ever reckon it was one in the first place) :)

Certainly even episode 1 is substantial enough and well produced compared to most episodic titles that I'd be genuinely baffled if anyone played through it and considered themselves hard done by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

There's also the fact that King's Quest is still on sale for the next few days anyway with a substantial price cut, making the lack of a PS Plus discount far less of an outrage (not that I ever reckon it was one in the first place) :)

Certainly even episode 1 is substantial enough and well produced compared to most episodic titles that I'd be genuinely baffled if anyone played through it and considered themselves hard done by.

Thanks for the mini review earlier Johnny, i will play that first as you are always on the money regarding games and my preferences :)

They gave us a five hour game that is amongst the best of the past year and far superior to other episodic content such as the Telltale games.

I highly doubth it is "far superior" to Tales From the Borderlands....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I highly doubth it is "far superior" to Tales From the Borderlands....

Subjective.... Like most things....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone tell me how Sony are for giving refund or maybe they can change accounts as I downloaded a game to the wrong bloody account? I've emailed them. It said no refunds on this game when I went to buy it. Simple mistake.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone tell me how Sony are for giving refund or maybe they can change accounts as I downloaded a game to the wrong bloody account? I've emailed them. It said no refunds on this game when I went to buy it. Simple mistake.

If the account is activated as the primary PS4 you can play it on any account...

This new game on PS+ is awful. The controls are terrible.

Was literally just about to post this, if the controls wheren't all over the place it would be fun... Sensitivity seems high, tried to change it couldn't find an option so just pretty much give up I will give it another go some other time...

They were asking for far too much -

R2 (or X) to drive

R1 to shoot primary weapons

L1 to shoot secondary weapons

Right analogue stick to turn your car

Left analogue stick to move your turret.

I'm sure if you put enough time and effort into it, you could master the controls, but you'd still be faced with the fact that there's far too few players in servers and far too big maps. I played team deathmatch, 2 v 2, and I spent a good few seconds just trying to find where the hell someone is.

What they should have done is adopted similar driving styles to PlanetSide 2, where just moving the right analogue stick forward or back makes your vehicle go forward or back.

What they should have done is adopted similar driving styles to PlanetSide 2, where just moving the right analogue stick forward or back makes your vehicle go forward or back.

I'm surprised people didn't tell them to take that route.... R2 / X driving is a pure pain while trying to shoot...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Its a free game. you have no right to give out.psn never goes down and is a great product. ;)

Just kidding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

R2/X driving isnt that bad,use it Battlefield all the time. The controls for hardware rivals look similar. They moved to the left stick for accelerate in BF4 but just didnt/dont like it. The fact steer and brake/reverseaccelerate are on the same stick makes it feel terrible imo.

With BF4, it feels more natural and easier to do. Plus they have a much better driving style, depending on which way your turret is facing, so at least it's somewhat more sensical (spell checker says this isn't a correct word, but I don't care).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Im not one to complain about free games but after a half hour of playing hardware rivals the game feels a bit shallow. The arenas seem to be to be a bit oversized so the action can suffer. And the gameplay doesnt seem to be that fun.

Makes me want to dust off my copy of twisted metal for the ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Did anyone else download the PSP game by accident?

I've a PSP and Vita war game from this months PS+. Just gonna check out the psp one now.

It feels like that game was expecting the kind of numbers that others get in their servers, so they created larger maps. They should have gone the Rocket League route and had small maps. Can you imagine essentially Rocket League with homing missiles?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tok9 wrote: »
    Did anyone else download the PSP game by accident?

I've a PSP and Vita war game from this months PS+. Just gonna check out the psp one now.

Not downloaded any of it yet.

Reading the product page
    Compatible with PlayStation®Vita only. Not compatible with PlayStation®TV.

Compatible with PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), PlayStation®Vita and PlayStation®TV.

I've two.

PSP - Legends of War: Patton's campaign

PS Vita - History: Lessons of War

tok9 wrote: »
    I've two.

PSP - Legends of War: Patton's campaign

PS Vita - History: Lessons of War

They said they put up the PSP one by mistake. I got the two of them as well but I think you can only get the Vita one now.

It actually doesn't matter anyway. The vita game looks to be a remaster basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Hey guys. I bought 12 months and the code isn't being accepted in the redeem codes Playstation Store. Any idea what I'm doing wrong or could it be a dud code or anything? Does it need to be in Euro to work? I'm confused. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement