Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Hey guys. I bought 12 months and the code isn't being accepted in the redeem codes Playstation Store. Any idea what I'm doing wrong or could it be a dud code or anything? Does it need to be in Euro to work? I'm confused. :confused:

Is it an Irish 12 month sub or a UK sub?
    There should be a flag on the box.

and are you trying to use it with an Irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Crypt of the NecroDancer is coing to PS4 and Vita on 2nd February - a possible PS+ game.

The soundtrack is incredibly good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Did I say how much I adore Crypt of the Necrodancer before?

Yes, I very likely did. But let me say it again for good measure: I adore Crypt of the Necrodancer. Such an incredibly smart and satisfying clash of genres, flows like an absolute dream. I played hours of it on Steam, and definitely something where short sessions transform into much longer ones!

Was a pleasant surprise when I unlocked one of the songs from the game in Amplitude, always appreciate that sort of cross-pollination between indie titles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Crypt of the NecroDancer is a day one purchase for me, have put over 60 hours into the pc version already, if it was a free title even better, it would be up there with Rogue Legacy getting its free release.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Got an email saying my anniversary print is on its way, shipping has begun. Will take a pic and share once I get a look at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Xenji wrote: »
    Crypt of the NecroDancer is a day one purchase for me, have put over 60 hours into the pc version already, if it was a free title even better, it would be up there with Rogue Legacy getting its free release.

What a game, never expected myself to enjoy it... Was always going to buy on Steam but never bothered with it and only tried it on PS4 a few months after it was on PS+ after people talking about it here... Put many hours into it, still haven't complete the 4th boss somehow...

Saw this elsewhere, it's what the playstation plus prints will look like which is kinda cool!
    CYmSkbEWEAAO_Yr-757x1024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

RedXIV wrote: »
    Saw this elsewhere, it's what the playstation plus prints will look like which is kinda cool!

Well that's disappointing. Basically the same thing MS did but crappier, rather just be able to track this stuff somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Varik wrote: »
    Well that's disappointing. Basically the same thing MS did but crappier, rather just be able to track this stuff somewhere.

Yeah, i'd be distinctly underwhelmed with that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

5 years of PS Plus but we'll only concentrate on PS4 stats.

Looks too much like the slide format used at works so kinda glad I don't get it. that's one thing I wouldn't want a reminder of. :)

But is that the individual usernames?

• Advertisement

Got my email for an extra day of Plus

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd have preferred the 15 cent to put towards a Freddo bar.

Gone are the days where 15cents didn't just go towards a Freddo bar but actually paid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

So, before I continue, is Grim Fandango one of those games that I need to check a guide for every ten minutes? It seems really obtuse so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Orizio wrote: »
    So, before I continue, is Grim Fandango one of those games that I need to check a guide for every ten minutes? It seems really obtuse so far.

No you shouldn't have to. It's a standard 90s game that does no hand holding no tutorials no hints. It's the way games were before they dumbed down for everyone by saying "press A to jump".

You'd need a pretty obtuse sense of logic for a lot of it. But it's not undoable, like that fucking Goat Puzzle from Broken Sword 2.

No you shouldn't have to. It's a standard 90s game that does no hand holding no tutorials no hints. It's the way games were before they dumbed down for everyone by saying "press A to jump".

Oh thanks a lot for the patronising reply but I've been gaming since the 90s. I like my games difficult, not completely and utterly random and of the 'how dafuq was I supposed to know that' variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Oh thanks a lot for the patronising reply but I've been gaming since the 90s. I like my games difficult, not completely and utterly random and of the 'how dafuq was I supposed to know that' variety.

It's not patronising at you it was patronising towards the directing of the gaming industry of hand holding and spoon feeding gamers today.

Some of GF's puzzles are noodle scratchers though. You will need a guide if you want to plat the game though. If you have a guide it's a very short game, the length of it is made up of the time of you having to try and work stuff out.

I'd place it as slightly more difficult than broken sword but not quite as difficult/obscure as monkey island...... Which as a recommendation, only helps if you have played both :D

Honestly.. stick with it. By the end you'll come back thanking us. What I'd love is if the popularity that the Grim Fandango remaster generates shows that there's a market for it and we'll finally get a sequel.
    RedXIV wrote: »
    I'd place it as slightly more difficult than broken sword but not quite as difficult/obscure as monkey island...... Which as a recommendation, only helps if you have played both :D

Monkey Island 2 took me well over a year (if not more) to complete, back when a lot of adventure games had different difficulty settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That goat puzzle was a mofo, ridiculous !

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

wasn't directed at you, sorry if you felt like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I've only just copped on to the fact you can't add the PS plus games for PS3 to your account via PS4 any more...was such a handy feature. PS store on PS3 takes forever to load :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I just use the website. I find that the easiest way to download my Plus games.

Also that was my only way too for the last few months :pac:

I'll stick with it, although I'm not really used to these type of games in general. Only games I've played of this ilk was the new King's Quest.

Also I'm now addicted to Wipeout 2048.

It's completely different to the likes of Kings Quest. Those games generally are. Telltale and the like are episodic based, so they won't really introduce any truly obtuse puzzles. But with these.. yep.

Monkey Island 2 actually had a joke about the difficulty, where you could call a call-line in-game to ask about the puzzles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I've only just copped on to the fact you can't add the PS plus games for PS3 to your account via PS4 any more...was such a handy feature. PS store on PS3 takes forever to load :/

Just do it on your web browser add all the games to your basket and "purchase" them.
    Got a 10% off a PS store purchase email that expires at midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah, completely forgot there was an online version of the PS store...makes it so handy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

You'd need a pretty obtuse sense of logic for a lot of it. But it's not undoable, like that fucking Goat Puzzle from Broken Sword 2.

What a flashback. I got so frustrated after days of trying to pass it that I actually rang my local GAME store and asked the guy if he would get the guide they had in stock and tell me how to do it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

So this just happened :

"Your subscription has ended due to a payment failure !!"

Looks like my old CC expired and I forgot to update my details.

Possibly lost everything since 2010 :O

Will try and contact them and give sob story....:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement