Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mnmfan

After the storage update I checked my storage and it said I have 886/1024MB. How is that possible? The max was 150MB before the update.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mnmfan wrote: »
    After the storage update I checked my storage and it said I have 886/1024MB. How is that possible? The max was 150MB before the update.

That 886 is what you have available, not used.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

No double dragon neon?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

jaxdasher wrote: »
    No double dragon neon?

In a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

is the sub reduced for the month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

sweetie wrote: »
    is the sub reduced for the month?

I don't think so. Think it was a 2 week offer. It'll say on the PS Store when you login

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It's reduced until the 19th I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Fcuk, I get paid the 20th...

I've paid until next Feb but on the last few month, I'm willing to resub already.

This and Netflix are the best money you can spend on your ps3 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just won a years sub from Sony Ireland on their FB page. Just downloaded Scott Pilgrim and its a great laugh. Some class free games, pity I have played em already. Anyone know when the next batch of free games is being released?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

I've downloaded rdr, considering infamous2 but its a 15gb dl! !!!

Is there a limit on downloads - as in if i download Scott pilgrim tomorrow will it expire as a free game or will i always have it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This is a much needed update. I thought I'd never reach the current limit with save files but I underestimated the size of them.

Same here, I was getting close to the limit. This is nicely timed

pah wrote: »

Is there a limit on downloads - as in if i download Scott pilgrim tomorrow will it expire as a free game or will i always have it?

It will always* be in your download list.

*If you let your subscription lapse, you may lose access to the free games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

pah wrote: »

Just be sure that when down;oading Scott Pilgrim that you download both the trial and the unlock key. If you just download the trial then only get around to playing it when the offer has expired you'll have to pay for the key.

No limit to download except for your ISP limit.

F1ngers wrote: »
    That 886 is what you have available, not used.

While that would make sense, are you certain?
    So if it says 1024/1024MB that means I have the full 1GB available to me?
    I still don't think you're right.
    The reason why it's a bit confusing is because the PS3 system does the oppisite when it tells me how much space is left on my PS3.
    My PS3 has 90/298GB left. I know for a fact that the lower the number the less space you have because I used to have a 60GB and that was constantly running out of space and the GB would always increase when I deleted stuff.

Mnmfan wrote: »
    I still don't think you're right.

I'm right.

Just tested it. On the PS3 now. Went into my Cloud saves and it was at 886/1024MB and then I deleted a bunch of saves and now it's at 893/1024MB. So yeah, you are right. My apologies.

just signed up and was wondering could I be cheeky and buy another year right away?

i'm also having trouble saving the free games as its saying not enough space but ive hardly downloaded two
    games ever from the store?

just signed up and was wondering could I be cheeky and buy another year right away?

You can. They stack.
    i'm also having trouble saving the free games as its saying not enough space but ive hardly downloaded two
    games ever from the store?

It doesn't matter how much you have downloaded from the store, it also includes your game saves/installs/photos and music.
    Before you download anything, it checks how much disk space you have.
    You can't download a 10MB game if you only have 5MB of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Considering doing the same, the discount is likely to be as low as it gets but it will be up tomorrow. I'm slightly worried that PS4 might change things for the worse if things change.

Varik wrote: »
    Considering doing the same, the discount is likely to be as low as it gets but it will be up tomorrow. I'm slightly worried that PS4 might change things for the worse if things change.

surely, if the ps4 comes in the next two years, they would continue the sub.

I have to say the ps store isnt very intuitive to use compared to the xbox equivalent. Is there even anything to show one is a plus member apart from the plus on the username. Its difficult to know what is available to you as a member seperate to non-members.

• Advertisement

I have to say the ps store isnt very intuitive to use compared to the xbox equivalent. Is there even anything to show one is a plus member apart from the plus on the username. Its difficult to know what is available to you as a member seperate to non-members.

If you click on the PS+ section as you open the store it shows you exactly whats available to PS+ members?

You can. They stack.

It doesn't matter how much you have downloaded from the store, it also includes your game saves/installs/photos and music.
    Before you download anything, it checks how much disk space you have.
    You can't download a 10MB game if you only have 5MB of space.

i've got about 6 gb left out of 80gb and i need to to make some space but cant figure out how. Only game i've downloaded is crysis and a few trials but apart from my game saves (the largest of which is 10mb) i cant find anywhere to check what is on my hd - sorry if this has been covered before...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Who knows, they've said that it'll start to include some Vita content soon but when the PS4 is out how will things change. Providing for PS3 and Vita is one thing but in 2 years when the PS4 is by this stage out what will we be getting, getting a load of PS3 games when what you want is PS4 games or getting the opposite when you've not got a PS4 yet.

They post on the blog and it's all shown on the actual store there are section show each what's free and what's exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Youngtree

i've got about 6 gb left out of 80gb and i need to to make some space but cant figure out how. Only game i've downloaded is crysis and a few trials but apart from my game saves (the largest of which is 10mb) i cant find anywhere to check what is on my hd - sorry if this has been covered before...

I'm the same with my 80gb - its an absolute pain deciding what not to keep etc. Try going to game data (not the game saves!!) and deleting the installs of games you no longer play? for example, I deleted Metal Gear Solid 4 install / patches, and that free'd up about 4.5 gb. Most games install files to ur hd these days to improve loading times so have a look and see any games that you no longer play.

Anyone know whats comming for the rest of september?
    Thanks

Honestly, with the way PS+ is at the moment, you're better off getting a bigger HDD.
    You only have an 80GB model at the moment, maybe you have an external HD or an ipod you could back up to, fit a 500GB/1TB HDD and reinstall.

Honestly, with the way PS+ is at the moment, you're better off getting a bigger HDD.
    You only have an 80GB model at the moment, maybe you have an external HD or an ipod you could back up to, fit a 500GB/1TB HDD and reinstall.

Pretty sure this is gonna be my Xmas present to myself. I need a 1TB one I reckon as I've had to declutter my 160GB about 4 times already

RedXIV wrote: »
    Pretty sure this is gonna be my Xmas present to myself. I need a 1TB one I reckon as I've had to declutter my 160GB about 4 times already

I'm just after decluttering my 160GB now, have 58GB free.
    Keep putting it off, but have a 500GB upstairs. Going to fit it now.
    Have an ipod I can back up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Hi all,

Think I'm going to jump in today.
    I've been having a look and it really is incredible value, especially with the 25% discount.

Is there much to setting up a US account?
    I bought the Journey Collector's Edition on EBay and it comes with a free 30 day trial and Journey avatars but it wouldn't work - I rang up and they told me it won't work in the EU, only with a US account.

So is there much point in setting up one? Does the US PS Plus have any good games/stuff that the EU one doesn't have??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It'll take you two minutes to set a US account up. If you've got a 30 day trial you might as well use it. Only trouble is that you won't be able to use cloud storage for the save games on your usual profile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It'll take you two minutes to set a US account up. If you've got a 30 day trial you might as well use it. Only trouble is that you won't be able to use cloud storage for the save games on your usual profile.

That and I'm going to get a years EU sub. today with the discount so unless there's some good gameson the US one that we don't have i suppose there's not much point (the trial expires next March).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement