Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The €13 was a ****-up by Argos. It isn't really fair to bring it into a discussion about what great value PS+ is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yep as someone who think including the grey market is unfair, so too do I reckon a once-off ultra bargain isn't any way representative either. Basically: XBL and PS+ are in and around the same price for the vast majority of players and should be compared / contrasted on those terms. Don't think that's too radical a statement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Out of curiosity what games are Microsoft offering as free this month that are so good?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

(XB1)
    Lords of the Fallen
    Sherlock Homes
    Borderlands
    Another game

Or
    (PS4)
    Broforce
    Galak-z

Xbox One is getting the best this month.

Jesus thats a nice list!

Is this a common trend or have Xbox outdone themselves this month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Jesus thats a nice list!

They used to be both crap enough but i think xbox have started recently giving bigger games.

Recently it was the tomb raider game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Jesus thats a nice list!

The thing is that every 360 that they release with gold now is compatible with the Xbox One so the lists are even sweeter.

My God, Plus for this month truly is fúcking terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Came in to see what games were announced for next month, find 3 pages about XBL.

Anyway :

Broforce (PS4)
    Galak-Z (PS4)
    Super Stardust HD (PS3)
    The Last Guy (PS3)
    Flame Over (PS Vita)
    Reality Fighters (PS Vita)

Xenji wrote: »
    Came in to see what games were announced for next month, find 3 pages about XBL.

Anyway :

Broforce (PS4)
    Galak-Z (PS4)
    Super Stardust HD (PS3)
    The Last Guy (PS3)
    Flame Over (PS Vita)
    Reality Fighters (PS Vita)

I only have a Vita and PS3 at the moment and those games look to be absolute sheee-ite. Pretty sure I already get Super Stardust for the Vita with Plus…

Beefy78 wrote: »
    The €13 was a ****-up by Argos. It isn't really fair to bring it into a discussion about what great value PS+ is.

It is when we have users stating that the grey market price for Xbox Live is representative of the cost of it.

• Advertisement

Probably because people wanted to talk about something positive…

I only have a Vita and PS3 at the moment and those games look to be absolute sheee-ite. Pretty sure I already get Super Stardust for the Vita with Plus…

Super Stardust has not been out on Plus before, you might be thinking of Super Time Force, it is a very bad month, but Broforce makes up for it, but with all the indie bashing you would assume nobody would play it ;)

Super Stardust has not been out on Plus before, you might be thinking of Super Time Force, it is a very bad month, but Broforce makes up for it, but with all the indie bashing you would assume nobody would play it ;)

I must have bought it so, I don't remember doing it tbh but I definitely had on my Vita for a while.

Probably because people wanted to talk about something positive…

People would be moaning about Lords Of The Fallen, its not a great game, typical first year RPG, we have had both Sherlock Holmes and Borderlands already on Plus and never played Supreme Commander 2.

Once the likes of Knack, Thief and Killzone come out, people will still be moaning, its just a service that cannot please everyone.

People seem to be missing the fact that Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments was free on PS+ a year ago and Borderlands was given away in 2012. So basically people are celebrating two games that PS+ gave away long ago. Lords of the Fallen is a nice touch for Xbox and I'll be downloading it but I have had it for PS4 for awhile so it's not much good to me and as such I can bitch and moan like so many others do or I can simply do what I do every month when a game I own comes up for free on either console, I merely except that this happens from time to time.

People would be moaning about Lords Of The Fallen, its not a great game, typical first year RPG, we have had both Sherlock Holmes and Borderlands already on Plus and never played Supreme Commander 2.

Once the likes of Knack, Thief and Killzone come out, people will still be moaning, its just a service that cannot please everyone.

The Backwards Compatibility is a big plus though imo. I know Borderlands and Sherlock Holmes were on Plus already but if you only have a PS4 that's no good to you.

The Backwards Compatibility is a big plus though imo. I know Borderlands and Sherlock Holmes were on Plus already but if you only have a PS4 that's no good to you.

BC is a great function, but it would end up like Steam with me, I would end up with a huge library and then barely play any of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I must have bought it so, I don't remember doing it tbh but I definitely had on my Vita for a while.

Somebody on this forum posted a glitch on the Sony store a while back where if you downloaded the demo of Super Stardust, the full game was available for free. The glitch didn't last long but you must have gotten it then. I know I did.

Edit: Actually, I'm wrong, the PS3 version of it was given away for free by Sony after the big hacking debacle in 2011. So the fact that it's included in the PS+ line up is a bit rich.

I have never complained about the PS+ line-up before, I have always found something in it to be glad about, especially because I own the three Sony devices that benefit from it but this month is utter cack. Broforce is decent enough for a half hour here and there but anyone saying that it's inclusion makes up for the other rubbish is only fooling themselves. If it was the second listed game behind something else, I'd say fair enough but it shouldn't be the PS+ headline game of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm looking forward to playing both Galak-Z and Broforce. I think Galak-Z is on vita too right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Just when you think it can't get any worse they continue to slide further every month. What a **** line up for March, it's like they aren't even trying anymore. I'll probably have the usual types on here slating me for having a bad word to say about a service I'm forced to pay for but **** it, this is complete bollix. Sick to death of this indie ****e every month.

• Advertisement

Deep Six wrote: »
    Just when you think it can't get any worse they continue to slide further every month. What a **** line up for March, it's like they aren't even trying anymore. I'll probably have the usual types on here slating me for having a bad word to say about a service I'm forced to pay for but **** it, this is complete bollix. Sick to death of this indie ****e every month.

Just out of curiosity are you going to actually play any of the games offered this month or are you just writing them off as ****e right off the bat without trying them because they are indie games?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'll try Galak-z, should be fun.

Both PS3 offerings are two Sony published games from 8 years ago (costs them nothing to put on plus)... really scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point. Wouldn't be surprised if they ended ps3 support soon.

And as for the vita, a picture is worth a thousand words

reality_fighters.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

ShaneU wrote: »
    I'll try Galak-z, should be fun.

Both PS3 offerings are two Sony published games from 8 years ago (costs them nothing to put on plus)... really scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point. Wouldn't be surprised if they ended ps3 support soon.

And as for the vita, a picture is worth a thousand words

reality_fighters.jpg

That actually looks pretty fun..

That actually looks pretty fun..

Did you learn nothing from posts #9007 and #9008

I dont have any interest in indie games whatsoever, so the PS Plus description is near enough useless for me. Ill go out on a limb here and say there is more interest in the "bigger games" than the indie games for PS4 owners. Dont know the actual stats but if there were to be a poll im sure the vast majority would agree.

How can they not throw in AC Black Flag, Knack, Killzone, Thief or some other title that was released on launch 2 and a half years ago?

I converted from Xbox - PS on launch, pre PS4 the plus description by the sounds of it released a good few games to keep the punters happy, but the recent games released haven't really moved the needle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

At this stage I have to finally agree that the PS4 launch titles should be on Plus at least every second month from now on. They are going for next to nothing on Amazon as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Seriously, what is the obsessions with getting extremely average AAA games. AC Black Flag is awful like the majority of AC games, everyone has said Knack is bad to average, Killzone is average and Thief is awful.

People want those games over the likes Broforce and Galek-Z which have both reviewed really well! It's crazy. At least have some ambition, hope for a Wolfenstein or Alien, you know games that are actually good!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Black Flag is one of the better AC games, nothing wrong with it. Killzone is a decent shooter as it Knack a platformer. Nothing wrong with any of the 3 games, while they do nothing new they are solid games overall.

They are not broken games like BF4 and RainbowSIx were at release.

XBL have already got Black Flag a while back too.

Me, I have different tastes in games. I love Helldivers but I don't understand the praise of Rocket League at all.

Because of the backlash they've announced the April PS4 games early, can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

ShaneU wrote: »
    Because of the backlash they've announced the April PS4 games early, can't wait!

Awesome desert bus! Been really close to buying this a few times can't believe we're gonna get it free! The story is supposed to be so interesting and the music so intense! Heard ET reviewed really well too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement