Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

tok9 wrote: »
    Seriously, what is the obsessions with getting extremely average AAA games. AC Black Flag is awful like the majority of AC games, everyone has said Knack is bad to average, Killzone is average and Thief is awful.

People want these over games like Broforce and Galek-Z which have both reviewed really well! It's crazy. At least have some ambition, hope for a Wolfenstein or Alien, you know games that are actually good!

Games that are a rehash of titles from 20 years ago or games that have a bit of depth and decent playtime to them? Yeah I know which one I want. I'd take AC Black Flag any day over the smartphone **** we're expected to be thankful for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Seriously, what is the obsessions with getting extremely average AAA games. AC Black Flag is awful like the majority of AC games, everyone has said Knack is bad to average, Killzone is average and Thief is awful.

People want these over games like Broforce and Galek-Z which have both reviewed really well! It's crazy. At least have some ambition, hope for a Wolfenstein or Alien, you know games that are actually good!

You lost me at "Black Flag is awful". If anything it's one of the best and freshest titles in the franchise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Given both games' reliance on twitchy, exact movement on a 2D plain, 'smartphone ****' would be an inaccurate description given their inherent unsuitability for a touchscreen format.

If we're going to criticise, let's at least criticise accurately (eg just '****') ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Deep Six wrote: »
    Games that are a rehash of titles from 20 years ago or games that have a bit of depth and decent playtime to them? Yeah I know which one I want. I'd take AC Black Flag any day over the smartphone **** we're expected to be thankful for.

You still did not answer my question on the previous page.

Xenji wrote: »
    You still did not answer my question on the previous page.

If I'll play them? I'll try Broforce, though watching gameplay here of it I already know it will be deleted within 5 mins. I don't see the appeal in shallow side scrollers,played enough of them in my gaming life. No interest in Galak Z at all, I despise bullet hell games.

Even the staunchest indie support has to agree that it's time they mixed it up a bit. Even one AA or AAA game a month would suffice at this stage, the 2nd title can be used for this throwaway kind of crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Sony should just give Snake next month and nothing else. No one would ever bitch again.

snake.png

If I'll play them? I'll try Broforce, though watching gameplay here of it I already know it will be deleted within 5 mins. I don't see the appeal in shallow side scrollers,played enough of them in my gaming life. No interest in Galak Z at all, I despise bullet hell games.

Even the staunchest indie support has to agree that it's time they mixed it up a bit. Even one AA or AAA game a month would suffice at this stage, the 2nd title can be used for this throwaway kind of crap.

The blame should not be squarely on Sony for the lack of AAA games on Plus, they need permission first from the publishers of any game they put up on Plus and obviously even launch titles are still making some sort of profit, Knack managed to shift over 30k in the UK alone last year and Killzone sold 29k.

The main problem is the small pool of AAA games available on the console and due to that what is available is still making a profit , if you compare the amount of games that were released on the PS2/3 in their first two years and a half years and then compare that to the amount that has been released on the PS4, it is paltry in comparison, this is the norm with this generation across not just the PS4, but the One and Wii U as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The blame should not be squarely on Sony for the lack of AAA games on Plus, they need permission first from the publishers of any game they put up on Plus and obviously even launch titles are still making some sort of profit, Knack managed to shift over 30k in the UK alone last year and Killzone sold 29k.

The blame is squarely on Sony. If they can do it on Xbox of course they can do it at PlayStation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ah i like games..... They better give Dark Souls 3 free on plus soon.!!!

I give all games a go, doesnt matter what type they are. Some get deleted, some get kept. They aint all gonna suit each person.

Is there much different plus games in the US this month?

The blame is squarely on Sony. If they can do it on Xbox of course they can do it at PlayStation.

4 games in the last 9 months, it is better than nothing, but honestly nothing to celebrate.

• Advertisement

eddhorse wrote: »
    Ah i like games..... They better give Dark Souls 3 free on plus soon.!!!

I give all games a go, doesnt matter what type they are. Some get deleted, some get kept. They aint all gonna suit each person.

Is there much different plus games in the US this month?

They are all the same now in the EU/US, the Asian games are different, they have got the PS4 version of Thief already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

They are all the same now in the EU/US, the Asian games are different, they have got the PS4 version of Thief already.

Thanks for the info, makes sense really. Less arguments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That is one vague first sentence. It's impressive how a lot of people don't seem to care for their own time. It's amazing that some would prefer to play a poor game for 20 hours instead of a good game for 2 hour. Each to their own.
    You lost me at "Black Flag is awful". If anything it's one of the best and freshest titles in the franchise.

Saying it's one of the best of a generally very average franchise is not saying much. What exactly is so fresh about Black Flag? There is no new feature in it. It still has the awful traversing, awful combat, awful stealth and the only thing it has more of is boat battles which were in AC3. I'll admit I didn't think much of he boats either but people seem to like those. I've played about 5 hours, maybe more of Black Flag and that was enough to know it was the same game I played a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Saying it's one of the best of a generally very average franchise is not saying much. What exactly is so fresh about Black Flag? There is no new feature in it. It still has the awful traversing, awful combat, awful stealth and the only thing it has more of is boat battles which were in AC3. I'll admit I didn't think much of he boats either but people seem to like those. I've played about 5 hours, maybe more of Black Flag and that was enough to know it was the same game I played a year ago.

Assassin's Creed 2 was one of the most critically acclaimed games of its time so being in the same ballpark as that is good work. The odd one or two blunders aside, it's a pretty well received franchise. The naval combat in BF was brilliant. I hated it in AC3 but it was refined to a brilliant level in Black Flag. Great characters, much improved stealth and a huge level of variety in interactions and mission and location style.

Metacritic has it between 84 and 88 across all platforms, even Edge gave it a 9. Fair enough it's not to your taste but it's not an awful game. It's a bit like how Bloodborne isn't for me. I don't like it at all but I know it's not awful and that everyone else can't be wrong. You played about 5 hours of it, that's a bit like watching 20 minutes of a film and deciding it's a crap film without seeing the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You played about 5 hours of it, that's a bit like watching 20 minutes of a film and deciding it's a crap film without seeing the rest of it.

This analogy is simply untrue. It'd make a lot more sense if you had said the same as putting 5 hours into a tv series which you could argue might be true.

But putting 5 hours into the 6th edition of a franchise of which I've completed 3 other games in it is absolutely more than enough time to realise I'm playing the same game in a different location. The more you play the series the more you realise the actual mechanics used in it are awful.

I gave it a chance, I bought it on a sale thinking the reviews are good, people say it's better but it wasn't and I won't be coming back until they fix the combat and stealth... something you'd think would be pretty important for an assassin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I left the series while hunting rabbits in the first NA version. I loved all the previous games - but that one soured it so much for me I just don't know when or if I'll ever go back to it. Shame as I was enjoying the underlying story but maybe another day.

They are ripe for PS+ though - some nice candidates there that might get some life back in the series, especially as Ubi are taking a break from it as well this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

This is the same Sony who rejected EA Access saying that it good value to gamers! I beg to differ it's great value for €25 a year, they should really let us decide, I'd say they don't want to be embarrassed by their offerings on their own subscription service! Owning both consoles I get the impression that Sony are very cocky they have won this generations console war easily and really have no real interest in offering decent titles at this stage in the PS4's lifecycle, whereas the XboxOne is playing catchup and they can do this by offering better quality titles on their monthly offerings and making 360 titles backwards compatible, so at the moment I feel Xbox live is better value for its subscribers imho!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Taltos wrote: »
    I left the series while hunting rabbits in the first NA version. I loved all the previous games - but that one soured it so much for me I just don't know when or if I'll ever go back to it. Shame as I was enjoying the underlying story but maybe another day.

They are ripe for PS+ though - some nice candidates there that might get some life back in the series, especially as Ubi are taking a break from it as well this year.

ACIII starts off really, really slowly. I did the same as you, and left it quite early on. Played BF and went back to III afterwards, which I am still enjoying, once it moved on. Lots to do, quite varied, its good so far. I am a big fan of the series, though.

This is the same Sony who rejected EA Access saying that it good value to gamers! I beg to differ it's great value for €25 a year, they should really let us decide, I'd say they don't want to be embarrassed by their offerings on their own subscription service! Owning both consoles I get the impression that Sony are very cocky they have won this generations console war easily and really have no real interest in offering decent titles at this stage in the PS4's lifecycle, whereas the XboxOne is playing catchup and they can do this by offering better quality titles on their monthly offerings and making 360 titles backwards compatible, so at the moment I feel Xbox live is better value for its subscribers imho!

Absolutely. The rejection of EA access by Sony felt like a slap in the face. Why not let your customers decide whether they want to pay a subscription for it and access the content?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Isn't Broforce on PS+ today? Hoping to have it downloaded before I get home tonight. What time is PS4's store updates?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Isn't Broforce on PS+ today? Hoping to have it downloaded before I get home tonight. What time is PS4's store updates?

Anytime between midnight and tea-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

It's up now for me. Woohoo. Mad to play this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Just looked at the trailer looks great:-)

Its their for me too but not in the monthly games section yet, I had to search for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well after 5 minutes, that's one of the best games I've ever played :pac: Any way to switch characters on the fly? Bro Gyver is great an all but he's no Bro Norris with his roundhouse kicks of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Is Broforce Just for PS4? I wouldn't mind being able to stick it on the Vita also?

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Is Broforce Just for PS4? I wouldn't mind being able to stick it on the Vita also?

Just ps4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

DeclanRe wrote: »

They cancelled the Vita version which is a major pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Can't get the damn Broforce theme song out of my head, it's quality!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Flame Over is showing up as free for PS4 and its supposed to be Vita only.

So add it while you still can. https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/flame-over/cid=EP4132-CUSA01841_00-FLAMEOVERLLJ2015

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement