Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Broforce is unreal craic. Gas how the ds4 lights up red white and blue when you finish a level.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Flame Over is showing up as free for PS4 and its supposed to be Vita only.

So add it while you still can. https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/flame-over/cid=EP4132-CUSA01841_00-FLAMEOVERLLJ2015
    Got that thanks very much for the tip off

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Flame Over is showing up as free for PS4 and its supposed to be Vita only.

So add it while you still can. https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/flame-over/cid=EP4132-CUSA01841_00-FLAMEOVERLLJ2015
    highly recommended game lads it's a blast and tough enough

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Broforce is unreal craic. Gas how the ds4 lights up red white and blue when you finish a level.

Played about 2 hours last night. I love the game (played it on PC already)

However, some minor issues with the PS4 port (I suffered occasional input lag I.E. randomly when I press the analog the character refuses to move)

Also some weird sound issues where what seems like the quality of sound turns to mono then jumps back to stereo. Normally happens when there is alot going on in the screen.

Some frame rate issues too are noticeable at times.

Hopefully it's patched out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Anyone played Galak-Z yet, I remember the Giant Bomb guys raving about it, i think its a very good month, for PS4 owners anyway!

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Played about 2 hours last night. I love the game (played it on PC already)

However, some minor issues with the PS4 port (I suffered occasional input lag I.E. randomly when I press the analog the character refuses to move).

I'm finding the same issues but the lag is seriously causing problems, especially on the covert mission to test your agility, lot of jumping and climbing. Then a bit of lag and lose control of Brobocop and fall to my doom. Finding it very hard to pass it with the lag issue atm.

Lads gotta say the moaning that goes on about free games is just silly. 3 quality games this month. Broforce is class galak z is fantastic aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Lads gotta say the moaning that goes on about free games is just silly. 3 quality games this month. Broforce is class galak z is fantastic aswell

Seems to be more moaning about moaning these days than anything else,smart comments thrown in by the sunshine and lollipops side and when someone replies in the negative there accused of moaning. But hey if you like the free games you would not get without a paid subscription good on ye:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

It's approx €1 per week. Wish i had it when i was younger, £5.99 for a 1 x Commodore 64 cassette tape that may or may not have been good. Hard to pick wisely without the internet. :)

/oldmanspeech

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

eddhorse wrote: »
    It's approx €1 per week. Wish i had it when i was younger, £5.99 for a 1 x Commodore 64 cassette tape that may or may not have been good. Hard to pick wisely without the internet. :)

/oldmanspeech

Ha, at least you had a Commodore where games were well stocked in a wide variety of places, I had a Spectrum Sinclair where games were hard to come by. Ahh the good old days where it took a few hours for a game to load, no wonder I switched to a NES soon after. Couldn't believe I could play Super Mario for free on it instead of going to the local chipper and spending 10P per game.

Young people don't realise how good they have it!

• Advertisement

eddhorse wrote: »

/oldmanspeech

Aw man I remember getting a fiver pocket money and heading to a nearby hardware and electrical shop who would sell the cassettes. Then loading the tape, waiting 30-40 minutes for the game to load hoping it doesn;t crash where you would have to rewind the tape and start again. Ah epic times....

Anyway, @BroForce on Twitter have a google doc asking you to describe techincal issues you are facing on the PS4. The character freezing is getting very annoying.

Anyone do online multiplayer yet? Mad to try some, if ye see me one playing, send an invite.

Also, BROndock Saints.....:eek::pac:

EoinHef wrote: »
    Seems to be more moaning about moaning these days than anything else,smart comments thrown in by the sunshine and lollipops side and when someone replies in the negative there accused of moaning. But hey if you like the free games you would not get without a paid subscription good on ye:)
    I think the arcade games with psn are excellent

Broforce is quality

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Aw man I remember getting a fiver pocket money and heading to a nearby hardware and electrical shop who would sell the cassettes. Then loading the tape, waiting 30-40 minutes for the game to load hoping it doesn;t crash where you would have to rewind the tape and start again. Ah epic times....

Anyway, @BroForce on Twitter have a google doc asking you to describe techincal issues you are facing on the PS4. The character freezing is getting very annoying.

Anyone do online multiplayer yet? Mad to try some, if ye see me one playing, send an invite.

Also, BROndock Saints.....:eek::pac:
    What's your gt cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Broforce is tremendous fun. And I laughed every single time a new character was introduced. Indiana Brones was my highlight.

Blowing sh1t up never gets old.

What's your gt cool?

Sheehy83, think i already have you added?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Sheehy83, think i already have you added?

Yup mondo83 is mine

Gimme a shout for Co op when we are both on

What are your main issues with broforce?

Dunno whether it is game freezing or when playing controls just not working at times.

Still a great game though hope they patch it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

They replied to this framerate issue on Twitter, if anyone wants to help get the patch quicker, click on the link below.
    @Broforce
    If you are having issues with the PS4 version of the game, please help us solve this ASAP by filling in this form:

Broforce PlayStation 4 Support Form
    https://t.co/fmQ2OZNInv
    Performance issues with Broforce on PlayStation 4? Please use this patriotic support form and help us help you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I have the PC version but can't remember if I experienced it to be as slow as what I have seen on PS4. Does it get this bad across all platforms? I much prefer it on PS4 which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

My PS+ sub is about to expire soon and I don't think I'll be renewing for the moment.
    I know I won't have access to the monthly PS+ Games which I downloaded but what about the games which I purchased with a PS+ discount. What's the story with them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

My PS+ sub is about to expire soon and I don't think I'll be renewing for the moment.
    I know I won't have access to the monthly PS+ Games which I downloaded but what about the games which I purchased with a PS+ discount. What's the story with them?

Those games won't be affected by you finishing up PS Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Another month of no downloading it looks like.

The reviews for the game on Steam seem quite favourable.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Another month of no downloading it looks like.

Dead star looks great. Why wouldn't you download it? It is after all a free game

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Getting fairly bored of twin-stick indie shooters.

The Way I look at it is if indie games is what we get then great saves buying indie games. And some indie games are absolute classics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I would like a mix of indie and big studio games, PS Plus is far too slanted on the Indie side at the moment.

Being both a PS Plus and Xbox Gold member, GWG is looking far more appealing recently, going to start playing Sherlock Holmes later this week and looking forward to Lords of the Fallen in another week.

Here's one of the comments from the Eurogamer article:
    A list of a few of the top/AAA games that were added to PS+, the dates they were added, and how long after the game was released at retail, during the PS3 era:

Infamous 2, Little Big Planet 2 - June 2012 (1 year after release)
    Saints Row 2 - July 2012 (1 year and a half after release)
    Just Cause 2 - Aug 2012 (2 years after release)
    Read Dead Redemption - Sep 2012 (2 years after release)
    Ratchet & Clank All 4 One - Nov 2012 (1 year after release)
    Arkham City - Dec 2012 (1 year after release)
    Bioshock 2 - Jan 2013 (3 years after release)
    Sleeping Dogs - Feb 2013 (6 months after release!)
    Mass Effect 3 - March 2013 (1 year after release)
    Hitman - May 2013 (6 months after release)
    Uncharted 3 - June 2013 (1 year and a half after release)
    Battlefield 3, Saints Row 3 - July 2013 (1 year and a half after release)
    Spec Ops: The Line - July 2013 (1 year after release)
    Assassin's Creed 3 - Aug 2013 (one year after release)
    Far Cry 3 - Sep 2013 (1 year after release)
    Borderlands 2 - Dec 2013 (1 year after release)
    Bioshock Infinite - Jan 2014 (1 year after release)
    Tomb Raider - March 2014 (1 year after release)
    PES 14 - April 2014 (6 months after release)

We're now in the third year of the PS4's life cycle: why is it that not even the launch day AAA exclusives are being offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I would like a mix of indie and big studio games, PS Plus is far too slanted on the Indie side at the moment.

Being both a PS Plus and Xbox Gold member, GWG is looking far more appealing recently, going to start playing Sherlock Holmes later this week and looking forward to Lords of the Fallen in another week.

The PS3 was launched in 2006, the first AAA Plus game Burnout Paradise came out in June 2011 and the next AAA game came 6 months later with Far Cry 2, so basically when Plus started offering AAA games, it had nearly 6 years of a back catalogue to choose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Well put!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement