Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I can't wait until people get what they've been asking for and Knack makes its way to PS+...

The deafening silence before the "what the sh!t is this?!" exclamation will be priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Dead star looks great. Why wouldn't you download it?

It is after all a free game

Im not interested in most indie games, poor internet means i have to make sure ill play the game before i spend hours downloading them and most indie games are crap (to me)

Statements like yours above really do make it less appealing as the games are NOT free.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Im not interested in most indie games, poor internet means i have to make sure ill play the game before i spend hours downloading them and most indie games are crap (to me)

Statements like yours above really do make it less appealing as the games are NOT free.

Surely to download a AAA game, it could be 30-40gbs
    An indie could be 2-3gbs
    Surely if you can download a AAA you can take a punt on some indies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Put it different way then, they are games you have already paid for so why not download them and give them a while.
    Personally I think they don't want to give full games this early in the consoles life cycle so people don't start holding off buying games because the reckon they will be free at some stage. Also it will piss people off if they paid full price for games and then they are given away for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Otacon wrote: »
    I can't wait until people get what they've been asking for and Knack makes its way to PS+...

The deafening silence before the "what the sh!t is this?!" exclamation will be priceless!

TBH I enjoyed Knack far more than 90% of the ps plus games, their is no reason not to have bigger games on ps plus by now. Im not exactly dissing it but its clear the games they offer are going to please maybe 15/20% of people. A quick google shows that people generally arent impressed with the selection on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

astonaidan wrote: »
    TBH I enjoyed Knack far more than 90% of the ps plus games, their is no reason not to have bigger games on ps plus by now. Im not exactly dissing it but its clear the games they offer are going to please maybe 15/20% of people. A quick google shows that people generally arent impressed with the selection on offer.

It is usually around 50/50 on the monthly Neogaf thread, then you have those who do not want launch titles as they have already played them or bought them on sale, you will not please everybody even when we finally get a mix of both Indies and AAA's.

Knack is not actually that bad a game, it is not great either, but it is a fun way to kill 10 hours, it just got a bad rep at launch and ended up being a bit of a running joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Xenji wrote: »
    It is usually around 50/50 on the monthly Neogaf thread, then you have those who do not want launch titles as they have already played them or bought them on sale, you will not please everybody even when we finally get a mix of both Indies and AAA's.

Knack is not actually that bad a game, it is not great either, but it is a fun way to kill 10 hours, it just got a bad rep at launch and ended up being a bit of a running joke.

I enjoyed Knack, thought the same a decent game, I agree launch games doesnt make sense when you think about it, most people would have Knack or Killzone, but some of the later year one games would make most happy, I defended plus for a long time tbh, but I think it should be picking up by now

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

astonaidan wrote: »

Im sorry - Knack is absolutely awful. A broken mess of a game.
    I can't believe they are considering a second

- I got it close to launch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I for one am delighted with the free games we have been getting, some brilliant games in there that I have sank endless hours into (Broforce/Dont Starve/Rocket League/Strider) and some other games I just need the time to sit down and play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sugarman wrote: »
    I just do not see the point in Indie games on the PS3/4. Vita I can understand.

But if I wanted to play 16 bit games, id have bought a megadrive again! ...Or just use my phone/tablet.

Its the equivalent to spending €1,000 on a custom PC that can play the latest games maxed out, yet you stick to the preinstalled solitaire/pinball type games.

As it's a third of the investment, not really.

It's like buying a €350 PC to play indie games...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I love my €1200 PC. Can jump from The Witcher 3, MGSV and other demanding games on Ultra to Downwell, Crypt of the Necrodancer and Undertale. Honestly, if I had to choose in some sort of bizarre Room 101 situation I'd probably end up keeping some of the latter examples over the former ones. One might almost suggest the size or technological bona fides of the game matter little when the games are all, y'know, great :)

And best of luck running Broforce on a Megadrive. PS4 barely keeps up with the damn thing at times :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I love my €1200 PC. Can jump from The Witcher 3, MGSV and other demanding games on Ultra to Downwell, Crypt of the Necrodancer and Undertale. Honestly, if I had to choose in some sort of bizarre Room 101 situation I'd probably end up keeping some of the latter examples over the former ones. One might almost suggest the size or technological bona fides of the game matter little when the games are all, y'know, great :)

And best of luck running Broforce on a Megadrive. PS4 barely keeps up with the damn thing at times :pac:

Seriously thinking about building a gaming PC if I can save my Dollars & Cents. What's the specs of your PC? you seem fairly knowledgeable on every subject matter you post about on Boards LOL.

nocoverart wrote: »
    Seriously thinking about building a gaming PC if I can save my Dollars & Cents. What's the specs of your PC? you seem fairly knowledgeable on every subject matter you post about on Boards LOL.

Join us

Head over to the PC Building and Upgrading and I'll sort ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

nocoverart wrote: »

good luck. PC gaming quickly becomes expensive and tiring.
    I spent 1000's trying to keep up and wish I had got a console much sooner.
    When you end up spending the equivalent of PS4 just on the graphics card alone then you will understand its a no brainer.

Consoles, just plug and play anywhere, comfy chair in front of a big telly, low noise, unplug and take to your mates, no updating drivers, great online play, no worrying about if your specs are high enough or you need to splash more cash.

PC's, big, noisy unless you throw a lot of money at it, power needs more extreme cooling, always needs upgrading for the latest games, patching, virus's, pretty much stuck in one position in the house

been there done that, no thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I love my PC and PS4, I must be an awful freak...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Fieldog wrote: »
    I love my PC and PS4, I must be an awful freak...

Does that make you bit-curious? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Does that make you bit-curious? :P

It means he's Nintendophobic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm pretty easy going myself, any (controller) port in a storm.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

good luck. PC gaming quickly becomes expensive and tiring.
    I spent 1000's trying to keep up and wish I had got a console much sooner.
    When you end up spending the equivalent of PS4 just on the graphics card alone then you will understand its a no brainer.

Consoles, just plug and play anywhere, comfy chair in front of a big telly, low noise, unplug and take to your mates, no updating drivers, great online play, no worrying about if your specs are high enough or you need to splash more cash.

PC's, big, noisy unless you throw a lot of money at it, power needs more extreme cooling, always needs upgrading for the latest games, patching, virus's, pretty much stuck in one position in the house

been there done that, no thanks!

Well I can only guess you did no reasearch before getting into building your PC(s), I've built many over the years and I'm not well off, I don't have 1000s to spend and yet I tend to have a PC thats always pushing high/ultra on the newest games.

That said I'm not some diehard PCMR card carrier, I have a PS4, Wii U and 3DS and love the lot of them.

But the above diatribe needs to be taken with a large dose of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Anyone else suffering from increasingly long loading times in Broforce? I'm talking 40-60 seconds between levels. Really starting to get annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Yeah started happening to me this evening too. The button input was much better though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Even just restarting a level after all my bros were killed was taking 30 seconds plus. Ended up just switching it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Mines working fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

mayordenis wrote: »
    Well I can only guess you did no reasearch before getting into building your PC(s), I've built many over the years and I'm not well off, I don't have 1000s to spend and yet I tend to have a PC thats always pushing high/ultra on the newest games.

That said I'm not some diehard PCMR card carrier, I have a PS4, Wii U and 3DS and love the lot of them.

But the above diatribe needs to be taken with a large dose of salt.

Lol, just lol. I BUILD pc's for a living and I stand by my "diatribe".
    Put up the specs of your PC built for the same price as a console which can run the same games with all the goodys turned on.
    The poster referred to a €1200 PC and was talking about building from scratch.
    Of course its cheaper when you can reuse parts, but its still not as cheap as just buying a console and then never having to touch it again until a newer one comes out.
    Plus my points about ease of plug and play and portability stand up

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The final FINAL level of Broforce is absolutely epic.
    "Pay your respects" just :pac: and you can control the piss!!

Of all the threads that are regularly bitchy can we please not PS4 vs PC here :p

Digital Foundry did a piece on the framerate issues with Broforce, it seems to be following the trend of games using Unity having performance issues on the platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Digital Foundry did a piece on the framerate issues with Broforce, it seems to be following the trend of games using Unity having performance issues on the platform.

Unity is bad at utilizing multi-threading in newer processors or something.

They are apparently going to fix this problem with it soon because it is going to be used for a lot more PS4 stuff in future.

sugarman wrote: »
    Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty Showing up as Free for me in the store

It came out 12 months ago on Plus, did you have it in your basket then, it is meant to be on sale all through March so could be one of those nice mistakes they sometimes make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

It came out 12 months ago on Plus, did you have it in your basket then, it is meant to be on sale all through March so could be one of those nice mistakes they sometimes make.

I downloaded it at the time but just checked the store and it shows I do not own it. Funny game but it scales up to annoying quickly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement