Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I just got this for €0.00 with Plus.

Then signed into my nephews account and its at €7.99 even though he has plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Broforce has been patched to Version 1.01, haven't played ywt but hoping it solves the player freezing at the start of levels/ frame rate issues

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Roar wrote: »
    Broforce has been patched to Version 1.01, haven't played ywt but hoping it solves the player freezing at the start of levels/ frame rate issues

No. No it hasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Roar wrote: »

The 1.01 patch came out last week and did not fix the freezing, it is a Unity issue that is causing the problems according to Digital Foundry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Only for new Plus customers

25% off 1 year PSN plus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Just a quick question about PS Plus.

I installed the Beta of Track Mania Turbo today and was offered a 2 day free trail of PS Plus to cover the Beta period, as I didnt renew my membership this month.

Is this a common offer for Multiplayer Betas?

Was my first time ever seeing it, and its totally separate from the free trial you get when you buy a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Doge wrote: »
    Just a quick question about PS Plus.

I installed the Beta of Track Mania Turbo today and was offered a 2 day free trail of PS Plus to cover the Beta period, as I didnt renew my membership this month.

Is this a common offer for Multiplayer Betas?

Was my first time ever seeing it, and its totally separate from the free trial you get when you buy a console.

Never saw that before, pretty cool if it came from the Devs or Sony themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

How often do the Playstation Plus 1 year subscriptions go down in price?
    I know its gone down to 37.50 now but the free games on PS4 lately are rubbish and I only have a PS4, I don't have vita or PS3 so was thinking of waiting until they have some decent games but don't want to have to pay 50 for a subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I know its gone down to 37.50 now but the free games on PS4 lately are rubbish and I only have a PS4, I don't have vita or PS3 so was thinking of waiting until they have some decent games but don't want to have to pay 50 for a subscription.

Free PS4 games are rubbish?? Ummm they've had some crackers lately like Rocket League, BroForce etc.

The price rarely goes down and retailers are generally quite consistent with pricing so I'd jump on 37.50 for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

quinnd6 wrote: »

That's the first time it's gone down in my 3 years on it and it's not open to current members. They did a "buy 1 year, get 3 months extra free" back in 2014. Nothing since then. Argos messed up last year with 1 year for €15, didn't last long though. Prices generally stay constant at €49.99 everywhere except Argos at €47.99 (I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Xbox one getting

Sunset Overdrive
    The Wolf Among Us
    Dead Space
    Saints Row 4

We will most likely get more crap that im not interested in. Some people are interested in indy games but enough is enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Xbox one getting

Sunset Overdrive
    The Wolf Among Us
    Dead Space
    Saints Row 4

We will most likely get more crap that im not interested in. Some people are interested in indy games but enough is enough already.

The Wolf Among Us is very enjoyable, played it on Vita

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Great offering from Games with Gold next month, delighted I have both consoles hopefully this will shame Sony into offering something decent next month!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Impressed by Galak-Z. I must have ignored the reviews at the time, because my god it's punishingly difficult in a way I wasn't expecting at all - but mostly in a good way. Trophies show something like 6% of players have reached the second set of levels :pac: (which, incidentally, is exactly when the game pulls off a delightful mechanical twist). The only major issue I'd have with it is that the maps can be pretty bland, but that's offset by the compelling risk/reward drive of seeking out the upgrades and the constant tension of pushing your luck to try and reach the goal. By the time you reach the final missions of an episode, battles are immense as you try to protect every hit point you have left. The Saturday cartoon / anime aesthetic works great too - especially in the amazing 'end of episode' title cards.

Also played through Broforce, which is fine for what it is - a knowingly ridiculous explosion fest. But it's a good indicator of how performance woes can really let the experience down. That lack of polish definitely puts a damper on an experience that is otherwise a solid and at times pleasingly modern take on the 2D shooters of old.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Great offering from Games with Gold next month, delighted I have both consoles hopefully this will shame Sony into offering something decent next month!

Well you're getting Dead Star for sure as one of the games, it is like a poor mans Galak-Z with better graphics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Microsoft killing it again with GWG. Im glad my PS+ sub is out next month, definitely wont be renewing until it changes. Since I play mostly single player games, its no contest between the best free games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I guess this is just how the market works, 360 was dominant last gen and PS3 tried to fight back with the great value on plus, this gen it's vice versa.

Sony have been ripping off PS4 users since launch with this service, time to give us something substantial. Infamous Second Son is two years old now, that would be a good start (even though I own it)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Xbox one getting

Sunset Overdrive
    The Wolf Among Us
    Dead Space
    Saints Row 4

I remember being a 360 player and being so jealous of the games that came with PS+, now I'm on PS4 and...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Xbox were already killing it with GWG, but backwards compatibility offers them a whole generations back catalogue to use too.

Very jealous, would love to play through Dead Space again.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Personally, I haven't selected a ps+ game since helldivers and before that it was probably rocket League. It's usually always platform games which bore me. Bro force and super meat boy...they just don't look appealing.

Ps plus is got only to play online. Sony could do with throtling their download times with my 50 euro a year and forget the free games altogether really

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

have to admit right now Xbox Live free games is wiping the floor with PSN free games. Soon need to up their game soon with psn+, it was such a better service back in the ps3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Even if they were to respond to the GWG games it wouldn't be this month, due to late notice and they're usually late enough getting games as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Thinking I might flog the PS4 at this point, I dont use it enough. An Xbox with the GWG might suit my casual needs better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Thinking I might flog the PS4 at this point, I dont use it enough. An Xbox with the GWG might suit my casual needs better.

Sold mine a few weeks back, couldn't cope with the noise it made. Completely put me off playing certain games especially The Witcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Xbox one getting

Sunset Overdrive
    The Wolf Among Us
    Dead Space
    Saints Row 4

The Last Guy wipes the floor with all those games...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Bro Force is brilliant I'm still playing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Sunset Overdrive was released in October 2014 and is now on GWG, while neither Knack or KZSF (both from 2013) have been on Plus yet. Remind me again of that old excuse we see here every month,something about it being too early in the PS4 lifecycle to be putting triple a titles on plus??

Doesn't really wash anymore now does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

The XBox offerings are killing the PS Plus offerings at the moment. It's been a while since PS Plus has been superior (it dominated the last generation). I understand that people enjoy the indie/ smaller titles (I don't personally) but every month:(:( It should be mixed up a bit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was pretty stoked with Galak-Z and Broforce tbh.
    Sunset Overdrive is a nice get though, almost bought it the other day, so good save for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I don't get the hype around Broforce at all :confused:

TWAU is the best game in GWG this month, by a long shot, and its still something I'd consider niche, if I only had a few hours a week gaming they wouldn't be spent on it.

Does GWG still give free games for 360 members? I'd assume the 360 games like Dead Space and SR4 are offered for it too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement