Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

They'd be better off dropping the PS3 and Vita at this stage if it would mean higher quality titles for PS4. It is heading in to its 3rd year after all and should be the main focus by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Deep Six wrote: »
    They'd be better off dropping the PS3 and Vita at this stage if it would mean higher quality titles for PS4. It is heading in to its 3rd year after all and should be the main focus by now.

What about people like myself who have year long subscriptions who have PS3 and PS Vita but not a PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

thats just crazy talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I don't think it could possibly equal higher quality titles for the PS4. If anything the PS3 should have the strongest catalog of games to choose from so I'd be very reluctant to let it go from the offering!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'd let the PS3 go at this stage, it's 10 years old. That was the design life for the console. It will be on classic status again the PS4 is replaced by the PS5. If you want the PS3 still supported they may aswell offer free PS2 each month too it has even more to offer than the PS3 if you want to argue that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I wonder if they would allow people to cancel and get refunds if they dropped PS3/Vita support. Though it would be unfair on them anyway since they still have to pay to play the games they already have. Means even less value for money.

One problem with always giving away indies is that it hurts the developers as well. Not so much the ones they give away games for, but the ones they don't and people don't buy because they're waiting for it to come to Plus.

Even if they went the route of 1 indie and 1 bigger game each month. Like maybe not AAA but maybe download only titles like Styx or Contrast, which I wouldn't describe as indie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mass Effect 2 was only given away in November wasn't it? And Dragon Age Origins around the same time.

Dropping the Vita isn't going too happen, the Vita is as popular as the PS4 in Japan. They'd be sending out a big F-you to a lot of people by dropping the PS3 too, bus especially the Vita, when it has such a rich back catalogue. Home gamers aren't the only gamers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Should we be expecting the April announcement today?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Should we be expecting the April announcement today?

It's usually the last Wednesday of every month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dead Star (PS4)
    Zombi (PS4)
    I Am Alive (PS3)
    Savage Moon (PS3)
    A Virus Named Tom (PS Vita)
    Shutshimi (PS Vita)

Zombi is at least two As.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dead Star (PS4)
    Zombi (PS4)
    I Am Alive (PS3)
    Savage Moon (PS3)
    A Virus Named Tom (PS Vita)
    Shutshimi (PS Vita)

Zombi is at least two As.

I was gonna buy Zombi recently but held off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Will definitely give Zombi a go. I am Alive is great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ha ha,its actually funny at this stage how bad PS+ is. Please please $ony,let me pay €30 a year to play online and leave these games to the people who want them.

And all this after they said EA Access was not good value for its customers,laughable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Already own Zombi and it's a decent 6/10 game. The rest just looks like the usual dross.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

And another month rolls by with nothing worthwhile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I am Alive won't be everybody's cup of tea but it's a great game. They must have found the other PS3 game down the back of the couch when they were looking for change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Zombi ain't bad, i bought it a month ago or so.

Savage Moon is a tower defence type game. I hate those.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I Am Alive is great. I've said before on here I think but I see it as a spiritual predecessor of The Last of Us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Zombi is one of those games I'd like to play but is too far down my priority list to buy, so I'm happy to get that.

Don't have a PS3 but have a Vita so must Google those games.

Already own Zombi and I Am Alive but the rest look decent enough and are the kind of games which I may never otherwise play but will be sure to give a try thanks to Plus. I do think that I am in the minority who much prefers an interesting Indie title over a triple A title the most gamers would already own. The Xbox line up is no doubt great but I already own all of them and it's hard to get excited over a triple A title that you can get for less than the price of two pints. Same goes for the Xbox 360 games, sure they are both good titles but can be picked up for spare change at this stage and most gamers will already own them. At least with the PS4 offerings we are getting a game that very few already own and those who did buy it recently got a refund for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

EoinHef wrote: »
    Ha ha,its actually funny at this stage how bad PS+ is. Please please $ony,let me pay €30 a year to play online and leave these games to the people who want them.

And all this after they said EA Access was not good value for its customers,laughable!!

Ea access is crap value

Eas yearly dross thrown in a library for 25 a year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Ea access is crap value

For €4 a month or €24 for a year you'll get Battlefied Hardline, NHL 16, Madden 16, Dragon Age and a few more. 10% off any EA Game/DLC and get to play new games before they release, that seems fairly decent tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Ea access is crap value

Eas yearly dross thrown in a library for 25 a year

That couldn't be further from the truth. For about €20-25 (depending if you buy from a cheaper region) you get games like all the new sports titles, new Dragon Age, battlefield games, Unravel, plants vs zombies 2, titanfall, need for speed games,and they're rumoured to be adding last gen games too down the line.

It's a no brainier.

I have had ea access for the past year 24.99 for the year.

Battlefield4 is lacking without premium
    hardline is a terrible game
    First plant vs zombies good fun but boring after an hour
    Dragon age decent game
    Last year's fifa
    Basketball game who really plays that
    Nfl game meh

And that's 24.99 a year for right to play those games
    Wouldn't mind if you got to own the rights to the games but you don't
    10% off ea titles doesn't work as everyone buying from all over world for better discount

It's at best alright imo

Tinie wrote: »
    That couldn't be further from the truth. For about €20-25 (depending if you buy from a cheaper region) you get games like all the new sports titles, new Dragon Age, battlefield games, Unravel, plants vs zombies 2, titanfall, need for speed games,and they're rumoured to be adding last gen games too down the line.

It's a no brainier.

Unravel and plants v zombies2 are not available on ea access vault just so you know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

You dont get access to any of the PS+ games either unless you have + which is the same as EA Access.

For half the price of PS+ you get titles that id be much more interested so it represents much better value for me but $ony decided i shouldnt be givin that choice.

Not surprised as id say a lot of people would see it as much better value than PS+ but with $ony is such a strong position install base wise they are not gonna allow better services on their console which would directly compete with their own,hurting their revenues.

They just dont need the extra custom that EA Access might bring so are happy to deny consumers choice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I have had ea access for the past year 24.99 for the year.
    Sub €20 in regions like hungary, a 2 second change in xbox.com settings shows this price.

Battlefield4 is lacking without premium
    Wrong. They've given away many pieces of DLC for free, and unless you are a hardcore BF4 player, you wont need premium.
    hardline is a terrible game
    thats your opinion, not fact.
    First plant vs zombies good fun but boring after an hour
    Again your opinion, ive played it for over 15 hours and love it. The second one (also ten hour playtime on EA Access) is even better
    Dragon age decent game
    Superb RPG. Definitely better than "decent" but thats your opinion
    Last year's fifa
    And a ten hour trial of FIFA 16, which will be in the vault in about a month
    Basketball game who really plays that
    Millions of people :confused: What a stupid statement.
    Nfl game meh
    Again your opinion. I know plenty who love madden games

And that's 24.99 a year for right to play those games
    Wouldn't mind if you got to own the rights to the games but you don't
    What are you getting at here? You dont own the rights to any digital game, they can be removed at any stage. Theyre not like disc based games.
    10% off ea titles doesn't work as everyone buying from all over world for better discount
    10% Discount still carries over to cheaper regions.

It's at best alright imo
    Wrong.

Just thought this bad post needed to be shot down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Millions of people do not play NBA Live, it's last three incarnations have been universally panned, now NBA 2k is where it's been at the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

EoinHef wrote: »
    Not surprised as id say a lot of people would see it as much better value than PS+ but with $ony is such a strong position install base wise they are not gonna allow better services on their console which would directly compete with their own,hurting their revenues.

I don't think it would impact Sony's revenue. People would still need PS+ for online gaming (which is usually the selling point for EA games) plus Sony would probably get a percentage (however small) for each EA access sub.

• Advertisement

Sub €20 in regions like hungary, a 2 second change in xbox.com settings shows this price.Wrong. They've given away many pieces of DLC for free, and unless you are a hardcore BF4 player, you wont need premium.thats your opinion, not fact.Again your opinion, ive played it for over 15 hours and love it. The second one (also ten hour playtime on EA Access) is even betterSuperb RPG. Definitely better than "decent" but thats your opinionAnd a ten hour trial of FIFA 16, which will be in the vault in about a monthMillions of people :confused: What a stupid statement.Again your opinion. I know plenty who love madden gamesWhat are you getting at here? You dont own the rights to any digital game, they can be removed at any stage. Theyre not like disc based games.10% Discount still carries over to cheaper regions.Wrong.

Just thought this bad post needed to be shot down :)
    I love how you say that's your opinion not fact.... Isn't that stating the obvious?

I still think it's ****e value for money.

Apart from Dragon age which is ok the vault is full of gaming turds my opinion obviously so try not to get offended

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement