Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Another day another load of people giving out about free EA games for ~€3.99 a month or free PS+ games for ~€4.20 a month.

I pay twice that for Netflix and use it less. May sign up for Amazon Prime as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Either way, if you play EA games you'd make that €24 back on that 10% discount alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

eddhorse wrote: »
    Another day another load of people giving out about free EA games for ~€3.99 a month or free PS+ games for ~€4.20 a month.

My only problem with EA Access is not having the option to use it if you have a PS.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Zombi is a step in the right direction, first half decent ps+ game in about 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Dead space being free on gold means feckless all really considering its in the ea access vault aswell

Most Xbox one users I know have ea access

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Dead space being free on gold means feckless all really considering its in the ea access vault aswell

It does mean you actually own it though, rather than having to maintain either subscription to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Gonzo wrote: »
    Zombi is a step in the right direction, first half decent ps+ game in about 6 months.

4 year old WiiU game is an improvement? not even graphically updated(yawn), same old dross again,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

err not everyone on gold has an xbox one, and has EA access, since its such bad value like you love to tell everyone. And you dont need to have a subscription to play it when your gold expires later.

Tinie wrote: »
    err not everyone on gold has an xbox one, and has EA access, since its such bad value like you love to tell everyone. And you dont need to have a subscription to play it when your gold expires later.
    I don`t love to tell everyone. I am just pointing out it isnt that amazing value for money as you all make out. It is annoying reading the bitching here about free games. Imo both services are lacking im not jumping to defend ps+ im basically saying both have good and bad points. I personally love indy games so what ps+ has offered suits me to the ground as they are games i wont have to invest in. With xbox giving one or two reasonable not amazing games that a lot of people have anyways with gamesharing the way it is means xbox gamers tend to buy most releases if sharing the cost

cannot wait to play zombi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

cannot wait to play zombi

You can put a good 15-20 hours into it.

Xenji wrote: »
    You can put a good 15-20 hours into it.
    tbh with single player games thats plenty for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Hey I noticed if you have Playstation Plus that Driveclub and the season pass together cost 9.99.
    I was wondering is it worth it and do you get to keep it when your Ps Plus sub runs out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Hey I noticed if you have Playstation Plus that Driveclub and the season pass together cost 9.99.
    I was wondering is it worth it and do you get to keep it when your Ps Plus sub runs out?

If you buy something with a plus discount you keep it.

quinnd6 wrote: »

As for your first question even though Evolution Studios closed last month they really put a huge amount of effort into turning the game into a very solid experience after the turbulent launch, it is a steal at that price and is full of content.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

driveclub is a good racer, very nice to look at too, with some of the best weather effects in a game I've seen in a long time, if they made a rally game with the effects in this game it would be awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

SharpCoder wrote: »
    driveclub is a good racer, very nice to look at too, with some of the best weather effects in a game I've seen in a long time, if they made a rally game with the effects in this game it would be awesome.

I had the ps version and got a platinum but the lack of upgrading cars really turned me off it. Compared to forza for example

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Zombi is free now on PS store - 22GB seems hefty

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Zombi is free now on PS store - 22GB seems hefty

It is due to it being a AA game, if we ever get the Battlefield bundle it's a near 75GB download.

I know it was updated but I thought since it was an old game, it wouldn't have been that much.

Anyway, why on earth does the run button require you to hold down L3 and not just one click it like modern games.

• Advertisement

I know it was updated but I thought since it was an old game, it wouldn't have been that much.

Anyway, why on earth does the run button require you to hold down L3 and not just one click it like modern games.

It was the same on the Wii U, you should not be using it that often, just to run past hordes when your out of ammo, think back to early Resident Evil games.

Like in resi 1, sometimes you would have to run if you're in danger of dying but it didn't feel awkward (at the time). If a horde is running at me in this, I find it way too clunky to leg it, jump obstacles and keep the run going smoothly until I get to a safe room.

Anyway, it's just not holding my attention. Guess I gotta wait and see if H1Z1 gives me the zombie fix I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Like in resi 1, sometimes you would have to run if you're in danger of dying but it didn't feel awkward (at the time). If a horde is running at me in this, I find it way too clunky to leg it, jump obstacles and keep the run going smoothly until I get to a safe room.

Anyway, it's just not holding my attention. Guess I gotta wait and see if H1Z1 gives me the zombie fix I'm looking for.

Yeah played a bit yesterday and just doesn't compare to dying light which is more fast paced. Melee is very slow also, was trying to kill zombies with cricket bat and was way too slow compared to other zombie games. Also hate where you have to use L2 to prepare a melee and then use R2 to attack

Yeah played a bit yesterday and just doesn't compare to dying light which is more fast paced

Ah yeah, I completely forgot about Dying Light. Playing Zombi, it just wasn't sitting right with me and wasn't sure what to compare it to but yeah it's fairly unplayable after going through Dying Light.

Speaking of, that would be a great PS+ game to give, boost sales of the new DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ah yeah, I completely forgot about Dying Light. Playing Zombi, it just wasn't sitting right with me and wasn't sure what to compare it to but yeah it's fairly unplayable after going through Dying Light.

Speaking of, that would be a great PS+ game to give, boost sales of the new DLC.

the Following DLC for Dying Light was massive and the buggy was a great addition. Would be a great PS + game but probably wouldn't happen for a another year

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Played Zombi for a few hours and uninstalled it, pile of shíte.

It's also unbelievably ugly to look at. You're either in complete darkness or everything has a horrible green tinge to it with the flash-light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

J. Marston wrote: »
    Played Zombi for a few hours and uninstalled it, pile of shíte.

It's also unbelievably ugly to look at. You're either in complete darkness or everything has a horrible green tinge to it with the flash-light.

Great, bought this half price during a sale a couple of months ago but haven't had a chance to play it, and now it's free this month. Bad enough that I paid for it unneccessarily and didnt play it. No more impulse buys for me during sales, that's the lesson. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭TheZPPanda

Great, bought this half price during a sale a couple of months ago but haven't had a chance to play it, and now it's free this month. Bad enough that I paid for it unneccessarily and didnt play it. No more impulse buys for me during sales, that's the lesson. :pac:

Maybe you should play it before deciding how you feel about it. Just an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

TheZPPanda wrote: »
    Maybe you should play it before deciding how you feel about it. Just an idea.

Well I was busy with exams prep so I was saving it until ive more free time on my hands FYI. :P I'm just saying how it's disappointing to hear bad reports after buying it. I'm still going to play it, just that my expectations have been lowered that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

just that my expectations have been lowered that's all.

Expectations dont get any lower as regards plus..... Next month more shovelware

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement