Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It'll take you two minutes to set a US account up. If you've got a 30 day trial you might as well use it. Only trouble is that you won't be able to use cloud storage for the save games on your usual profile.

Agreed. Use your 30 day trial as a throw away one. Don't buy anything on it, just try out the free stuff. If you are happy, then purchase an Irish PS+ subs. You could do without the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

PS+ Members are getting the single player campaign of Starhawk at no additional cost

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/09/19/starhawk-multi-version-psn-release-incoming/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yes! I've been waiting for the game to come down in price. Warhawk is my favourite game from this generation.

Let me get this straight though... the full downloaded version of €34.99.

The multiplayer only version is €19.99 and PS+ people get the single player for free. So essentially we can get the whole game for €19.99??

Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Yes! I've been waiting for the game to come down in price. Warhawk is my favourite game from this generation.

Let me get this straight though... the full downloaded version of €34.99.

The multiplayer only version is €19.99 and PS+ people get the single player for free. So essentially we can get the whole game for €19.99??

Amazing.

Great to be able to try out the mechanics and see if you like it as single player in these games is generally like a tutorial for multiplayer.

By the way, I was looking for Double Dragon Neon last night but couldn't find it on the store? I thought it was supposed to be there from the 19th?

sin0city wrote: »
    By the way, I was looking for Double Dragon Neon last night but couldn't find it on the store? I thought it was supposed to be there from the 19th?

EU store if fooked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With PS+ coming to Vita, will that affect non Vita owners in any way? Like if they were to get a free game every month or even on a less regualr basis, would that mean we would lose out on a game that month? Or would the Vita game be released on top of our 3?

Speaking of, no clues yet for next month's game? That Starhawk single player doesn't count as the game, does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I don't know if this has been posted in the thread but HMV are selling a year of PS Plus for 37 instead of 50. Was in the drogheda branch the other day and they had a PSN Voucher for PS Plus and it was 37 for a year and something like 15 for a 90 day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Does double dragon work yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Varik wrote: »

Ive had since before the weekend, if you cant find it you have to manually look for it the search bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Working fine for me here!

I love it. Its balls-to-the-wall 80's.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I couldn't find it on the main plus page or using the search but if you go down to the part at the bottom, I think it's called: ""free for September" or something like that it's there.

Working fine for me here!

I love it. Its balls-to-the-wall 80's.

Good craic alright but as the name suggests, you really need 2 players.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    With PS+ coming to Vita, will that affect non Vita owners in any way? Like if they were to get a free game every month or even on a less regualr basis, would that mean we would lose out on a game that month? Or would the Vita game be released on top of our 3?

Speaking of, no clues yet for next month's game? That Starhawk single player doesn't count as the game, does it?

I don't know if Starhawk will count. I know Sega's 'Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit' is coming on the 3rd of October free for PS Plus Subscribers but I don't know if that counts either.

I don't know if Starhawk will count. I know Sega's 'Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit' is coming on the 3rd of October free for PS Plus Subscribers but I don't know if that counts either.

It might. Just like Double Dragon and Machinarium counted for this month. Though we also got Scott Pilgrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

US PS blog wrote:
    Resident Evil 6 (Available for download on October 2nd – $59.99)
    NBA 2K13 (Available for download on October 2nd – $59.99/$53.99 for PS Plus members, with pre-order)*
    Dishonored (Available for download on October 9th – $59.99/$53.99 for PS Plus members, with pre-order)*
    DOOM 3: BFG Edition (Available for download on October 16th – $39.99/$35.99 for PS Plus members, with pre-order)*
    007: Legends (Available for download on October 16th – $59.99)+
    Medal Of Honor: Warfighter (Available for download on October 23rd – $59.99)
    Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Available for download on October 30th – $59.99/$53.99 for PS Plus members, with pre-order)*
    Assassin's Creed III (Available for download on October 30th – $59.99)*
    * Available for pre-order
    + 10% discount for PS Plus members during first week of availability

No word if this is a limited offer or a new part of the store going forward or if the EU will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

No word if this is a limited offer or a new part of the store going forward or if the EU will get it.

The fact that they call it a 'new program' suggests an ongoing initiative. Though I've been wrong before.

The U.S. also has GTA III (PS2 Classic) at the moment.
    Hope we get that too.

The U.S. also has GTA III (PS2 Classic) at the moment.
    Hope we get that too.

We got it. €9.99.

For PS Plus there's also:

Tokyo Jungle – 20% off for two weeks, plus 100% off Animal Character DLC pack for one week.

I had no interest in it until I came across this review.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

We got it. €9.99.

For PS Plus there's also:

Tokyo Jungle – 20% off for two weeks, plus 100% off Animal Character DLC pack for one week.

I had no interest in it until I came across this review.

Want!!

Any guesses for this month's game(s)? Maybe one of the Greatest Hits collection?

• Advertisement

Some rubbish games hopefully. My backlog is now insane and my hard-drive is almost full.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Some rubbish games hopefully. My backlog is now insane and my hard-drive is almost full.

Agreed! I'm just getting to Infamous 2 now! Have about 19 other games downloaded I haven't touched yet, and I want to replay Darksiders before I go for the sequel.

A friend of mine works for Konami and I went home last night after work to find a parcel with Pro Evo 13, Birds of Steel and Blades of Time that she'd sent to me. Plus I bought FIFA 13 last week and downloaded GTA 3 and both the SP and MP for Starhawk. And I'd already got at least 25 games backed up prior to that.

I need to quit my job and play on the PS3 full time, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This month - Resident Evil 5 Gold, Bulletstorm and Hell Yeah, Wrath of The Rabbit.

PS+ is without a doubt the best value in videogames today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

This month - Resident Evil 5 Gold, Bulletstorm and Hell Yeah, Wrath of The Rabbit.

Sweet!

That is savage.

I was checking to see what the U.S. got and there's some understandable anger on the U.S. blog. They just got NFL Blitz!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I cant wait to play Bulletstorm

I was checking to see what the U.S. got and there's some understandable anger on the U.S. blog. They just got NFL Blitz!

I don't see the anger. Some people have VERY short memories. There are some months where the US get MUCH more than EU and vice versa.

One side always complains. Silly Billies.

I have Bulletstorm already, so yay that's one less to play. Of course I haven't played yet. :) Now to play all the RE games before 5 since I have them here unplayed.

Are people allowed to take gaming sabbaticals from work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

could anybody tell me if I sign up for playstation plus for my ps3, will I have to sign up and pay again for the playstation plus for my vita??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement