Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Watch Dogs is fine, good concept for a game but you could totally tell that it was rushed. And the car handling was a nightmare.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Was reading about Table Top Racing the other day, sounded interesting if only because they were citing apparent track changing events and it reminded me fleetingly of the oddball wonder that is Split/Second (strangely enough the dominant local multiplayer game for me and my friends for years). It won't be another Split/Second, but hey worth a try at least - kind of curious title I'm happy to get with Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was interested in tropica when it was on the humble bundle recently but glad now i held off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

tigger123 wrote: »
    Watch Dogs is fine, good concept for a game but you could totally tell that it was rushed. And the car handling was a nightmare.

I played an hour of Watchdogs and never went back to it, the car handling was just horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The missus just bought me Tropico 5. She's gonna be pissed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Looks like there'll never be another decent game for PS3 on the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Looks like there'll never be another decent game for PS3 on the service.

In fairness they gave some great ones

sweetie wrote: »
    In fairness they gave some great ones

Sure but only having the PS3 and Vita, I'm looking at 7 or 8 months of shovelware until my membership runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sure but only having the PS3 and Vita, I'm looking at 7 or 8 months of shovelware until my membership runs out.

Ghost Of Sparta was a good give for the Vita this month, the best since Freedom Wars.

Xenji wrote: »
    Ghost Of Sparta was a good give for the Vita this month, the best since Freedom Wars.

I played it already on the vita and if I remember correctly the save glitches at the very end of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ahh **** balls have tropico 5 and god of war already another bust for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

I'd actually be interested in playing Tropico 5, not got many god type games, will be a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Ahh **** balls have tropico 5 and god of war already another bust for me :(

That's the downside of the AAA games. if they are any good, there is much more of a chance that people have already bought them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

How can people still justify this rubbish getting peddled out by Sony every month? I'm not asking for amazing titles every month but at least one a year would be something.

Off the top of my head I can think of one good game given for the ps4 since I bought it 18 months ago and that is Rocket League. Any good work (and it was substantial) Sony did with the PS Plus and the PS3 is long gone and forgotten now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Off the top of my head I can think of one good game given for the ps4 since I bought it 18 months ago and that is Rocket League.

I know right? I mean aside from The Swapper, Broken Age, Hohokum, Grim Fandango, Transistor, The Unfinished Swan, Oddworld, Valiant Hearts, MGSV: Ground Zeroes, Limbo, Grow Home, Rocket League, Super Time Force, Super Meat Boy, The Walking Dead, King's Quest, Rogue Legacy, Helldivers, Galak-Z, Guacamelee!, OliOli2, The Binding of Issac: Rebirth, Infamous First Light and Injustice, I'm also struggling to think of one good game released on Playstation Plus for PS4 in the last 18 months.

Broforce was OK, I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

I know right? I mean aside from The Swapper, Broken Age, Hohokum, Grim Fandango, Transistor, The Unfinished Swan, Oddworld, Valiant Hearts, MGSV: Ground Zeroes, Limbo, Grow Home, Rocket League, Super Time Force, Super Meat Boy, The Walking Dead, King's Quest, Rogue Legacy, Helldivers, Galak-Z, Guacamelee!, OliOli2, The Binding of Issac: Rebirth, Infamous First Light and Injustice, I'm also struggling to think of one good game released on Playstation Plus for PS4 in the last 18 months.

Broforce was OK, I guess.

Ah Oddworld, I knew there was another one I had forgotten alongside Rocket League. As I said, a huge steaming pile of wonderful mehness.

Tropico 5 looks fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

tigger123 wrote: »
    Tropico 5 looks fantastic!

Started my bought copy last night, and really enjoyed the tutorial. Had to turn the salsa music off, it was getting a bit much for me, though.

Glad to see a game like this on Plus, even if I already have it.

Tropico and Civilisation have taken up a lot of hours in my life over the years.

I was only thinking the other day that I'd love to get into a god-sim again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

May will be the first time this year I've been arsed with the free games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is it next Wednesday that these are available?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Is it next Wednesday that these are available?

First Tuesday of every month, it used to be the first Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PS PLUS games now on store, will have to search for switch galaxy ultra and tabletop racing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Table Top racing is a bit of craic especially with the faster cars and I'd say will play best online with fwends. Tropico seems like it would be a good game but I'm not a fan of strategy games and not sure if this will grab me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I know I'm six (?) months late but I finally played Gauntlet the other day. Think it needs local multiplayer with mates really but it's definitely got the heart of the game that I played to death three decades ago as opposed to being a cheap knock-off just using the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I know I'm six (?) months late but I finally played Gauntlet the other day. Think it needs local multiplayer with mates really but it's definitely got the heart of the game that I played to death three decades ago as opposed to being a cheap knock-off just using the name.

It does have local multiplayer, I was playing it a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah sorry I meant that I imagined you need to have mates round playing together to get the best out of it. It isn't a single player game and I don't see much attraction in playing online with strangers on a game like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

30 mins into Tropico 5 and I'm already 20,000 in debt...

Oops.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    30 mins into Tropico 5 and I'm already 20,000 in debt...

Oops.

Ya need to nationalize that debt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement