Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

RedXIV wrote: »
    Definitely gonna try Gone Home. NBA games have always been hit or miss with me, but it's my first sports game (other than rocket league) on the PS4 so will probably give it a try.

Isn't Siren:Blood Curse a horror game? didn't realise it had episodes?

Yeah, it's a horror game and a very unsettling one at that. It was originally released chapter by chapter I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

maximoose wrote: »
    Yep, a slow playthrough taking everything in shouldn't take more than 2 hours.

Trophy wise, can be platinumed in about 50 mins

No Platinum in Gone Home, only 100% completition.

Siren has no trophies at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Sirens fairly old though isn't it? Most of the older PS3 games don't have trophies.

It's been on my list for a while anyways so I'm happy about it, knocks another game off the PS3 list.

van_beano wrote: »
    No Platinum in Gone Home, only 100% completition.

Siren has no trophies at all.

Would that put you off playing a game? Wouldn't bother me at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Would that put you off playing a game? Wouldn't bother me at all.

Yeah it would put me off, I'm a bit of a strange fish and need to hear that "Bing" when I've unlocked a trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Very happy with NBA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Happy with Gone Home, I have both Siren and NBA 2k16 though, NBA is a 42 gig download.

Siren was one of the best horror games on the PS3, once you get used to the odd and some what awkward controls at times it is a great game, especially if you play it with headphones on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

For anyone like myself who already has NBA 2K16, it's worth noting that CEX (the website prices anyway) are taking it for €27 cash. It's quite literally free money. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I didn't get on at all with NBA 2K13 - I struggle with anything too complicated and therefore Basketball games peaked for me with NBA Jam :)

That said I've got friends in the States who rave about the career mode and say it is the best sports career sim ever made so I'm keen to give it a better try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Already have NBA but still great game for those who dont have it, my sports game of the year.
    Had thought about getting Gone Home for a while now, so happy out.
    All in all a good month for plus on PS4, its rare I say it, long may it last

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I didn't get on at all with NBA 2K13 - I struggle with anything too complicated and therefore Basketball games peaked for me with NBA Jam :)

That said I've got friends in the States who rave about the career mode and say it is the best sports career sim ever made so I'm keen to give it a better try.

Career mode is brilliant once you finish the awful, awful story which takes up the first 10 hours or so, depending on how long you set your games to. I always play full length 48 minute games to get realistic stats, the progression system is good too (you buy skills in baskets rather than individually to avoid overpowering, badges give you extra perks).

It's up there as one of my favourite sports games ever, it genuinely gets better every year IMO, and I'm not even a big fan of the sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Is there a decent tutorial? I think that's where I struggled last time vs Madden for example where the tutorial/trainer not only teaches you really simply how the game works but also how the sport works.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Is there a decent tutorial? I think that's where I struggled last time vs Madden for example where the tutorial/trainer not only teaches you really simply how the game works but also how the sport works.

No real tutorial unfortunately, and it's a game that probably requires one. You can get by offensively by just playing loads and you'll improve quickly, but you'll definitely need to watch a lot of YouTube videos to get the hang of defending, it's an absolute pain to start with and it's unforgiving because the AI don't miss open shots all that often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Tried Gone Home on PC,couldnt really get into it. Just think the genre is not for me in most cases.

Ive not had an american sports game since the early days,i did used to play them a lot though. The likes of madden,ice hockey and basketball games etc on the mega drive. The last one i had was probably a PS2 game. So lookimlng forward to trying the NBA game this month. Nice they didnt decide to give out the '14 version and went with a recent one too.

Someone mentioned NBA Jam,still one of the most fun games ive ever played. Was awesome arcadey action!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Marty what's your go to mode in NBA 16? I already own it digitally, really wish i got it physically. I only play career which got very stale after the 2nd season. The story is ****ing shyte and i like some of spike lee's films. Wondering if I'm missing out not playing other modes?

There's a kind of tutorial if you go looking through the messy menu but yes, defense is very hard to get used to but some great vids on youtube with tips on how to play. Once v you get handy, it can get very addictive but i can see a lot of people not bothering to learn how to play and just delete it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Played Gone Home on PC.
    Think I bought Siren when it was on sale.
    Got the God of War Origins collection on PS3.
    Played a bit of Echochrome in Home.

Varied selection anyway

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Marty what's your go to mode in NBA 16? I already own it digitally, really wish i got it physically. I only play career which got very stale after the 2nd season. The story is ****ing shyte and i like some of spike lee's films. Wondering if I'm missing out not playing other modes?

There's a kind of tutorial if you go looking through the messy menu but yes, defense is very hard to get used to but some great vids on youtube with tips on how to play. Once v you get handy, it can get very addictive but i can see a lot of people not bothering to learn how to play and just delete it.

It's career mode all the way for me, tried the team manager mode (franchise mode or whatever it's called) but it never got me hooked. I really like playing the one position and getting good at it, it's quite rewarding to slowly build up your attributes and buy new animations along with it. Also find the whole thing quite relaxing, I'll usually mute the commentary and put some good music on and just play a couple of games like that. Very enjoyable. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's career mode all the way for me, tried the team manager mode (franchise mode or whatever it's called) but it never got me hooked. I really like playing the one position and getting good at it, it's quite rewarding to slowly build up your attributes and buy new animations along with it. Also find the whole thing quite relaxing, I'll usually mute the commentary and put some good music on and just play a couple of games like that. Very enjoyable. :)

My career is really unrivaled compared to other games and this is with Spike Lee ruining it with his terrible, Im black and ghetto storyline. But once you get past the first year its done with. I raised my pg way to high in rebounding though didnt realise you max them out and had to train to be able to raise the player more :o
    Maybe we can do a online multiteam franchise is that a thing:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have a very high rated PG but couldn't find a team to suit my style. I uninstalled it a few months back as I ran out of space on the hdd but will reinstall it and give it another go.

There is a class feature for online where you make a customa team by designing your court, jersey, name, etc and 5 people go online. Never had enough people on PS4 to try it before but definitely could do it now.

Also, I highly recommend everyone download the official NBA 2K16 app from 2K. You can do mini games on it and earn VC (Virtual Coin) to upgrade your player, buy clothes, animations, moves, etc. and will definitely help early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Great that some decent games are finally being given with the PsPlus.

I really enjoyed Tropico last month and looking forward to shooting some hoops and figuring out what happened in my house in Gone Home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What time do the games usually be up for download?

AdamD wrote: »
    What time do the games usually be up for download?

Just after midnight tonight.

Xenji wrote: »
    Just after midnight tonight.

It's the first Tuesday of the month so not until next week.

It's the first Tuesday of the month so not until next week.

Yeah your right, keep thinking it's next week for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah your right, keep thinking it's next week for some reason.

Damn leap year day pushing the games out a week.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Not sure if already posted, June 7th

"NBA 2K16," PS4
    "Gone Home: Console Edition," PS4
    "Echochrome," PS3
    "Siren: Blood Curse" (Episodes 1-12), PS3
    "God of War: Chains of Olympus," PS Vita
    "Little Deviants," PS Vita

Played Echochrome before and liked its puzzle aspect with the Move controller.

Not a bad month overall. Good mix of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭tigger123

Are the games for June up today? Or is it midnight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

For some reason I thought Everybody's Gone to Rapture was free this month, I was incorrect. Damn

tigger123 wrote: »
    Are the games for June up today? Or is it midnight?

They're up now but you'll have to search for them yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, ordered and queued them up on the store website just now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement