Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

jonnycivic wrote: »

I may consider a purchase so. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I have the passthrough ones. means you don't lose the socket. they're a great job

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Grayditch wrote: »
    I have those, they're great. At that price especially.

Yeah, my connection nearly doubled in upload/download speed because of them. Just plug them in and your good to go.
    I may consider a purchase so. Thanks!

I am finding them brilliant so far especially with the speed of downloads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Don't think many here actually use the consoles' PSN store but the second season of Powers is up on PSN for plus and it works here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Varik wrote: »
    Don't think many here actually use the consoles' PSN store but the second season of Powers is up on PSN for plus and it works here.

Yeah surprised it's working in Europe, first season was only free in the US. Much better than season 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Yeah surprised it's working in Europe, first season was only free in the US. Much better than season 1

not much point if season 1 is still not available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,784 ✭✭✭lertsnim

SharpCoder wrote: »
    not much point if season 1 is still not available.

Indeed. I saw season 2 was there but no season 1 so why bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Jaysus, next feckin' months games will be out by the time I get this months downloaded. F*@# you, Donegal internet.... **** you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

James74 wrote: »
    Jaysus, next feckin' months games will be out by the time I get this months downloaded. F*@# you, Donegal internet.... **** you!

My friend lives in a more rural part than me, so he gets 2mb internet. So he brings his PS4 in when we are going to the gym to download his updates and games :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

In all seriousness, what's the story with this NBA install? I've never heard of a game taking so long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

On the main ps4 main, highlight nba and press options button and go to information. That will show of the game is still actually downloading. I think once 15gbs ate done, you can play that one game but can't play the rest until another 35gbs are downloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

About those home plugs in that Argos link, is it as simple as plug n play? As long as it's plugged into the socket it'll transfer the signal fine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

About those home plugs in that Argos link, is it as simple as plug n play? As long as it's plugged into the socket it'll transfer the signal fine?

Once you have relatively modern house and wiring it should work fine, some older houses they just plain won't work ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Fieldog wrote: »
    Once you have relatively modern house and wiring it should work fine, some older houses they just plain won't work ...

Currently have the TP-Link 4220 kit, think they're the same as those? Have those set up for wireless as well and have them connected via Ethernet to the tv. Afaik, house was built round round 99/00 so I think it's fine? Not sure...not a clue of any of this stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    On the main ps4 main, highlight nba and press options button and go to information. That will show of the game is still actually downloading. I think once 15gbs ate done, you can play that one game but can't play the rest until another 35gbs are downloaded.

The game has been downloaded since yesterday evening. But when I start it a 'copying game' message appears in the corner. It's at 44% now. It's only moved 11% in the past 10 hours. I can still only play the demo section at the start. That can't be normal...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Jesus NBA is in depth. Im going back to NBA Jam :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Im glad we got NBA but its the worst type of game to get.

Large in download size and the download cant be paused. 40+ hours remaining and i wont be able to play any online games in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Played nba all night. 6 hours in my coach has decided that I have reached a level of fair performances at the rockets. I had played maybe 30 stinkers of games in a learning curve of trial and error.

I am loving this game now the **** story has been skipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Im glad we got NBA but its the worst type of game to get.

Large in download size and the download cant be paused. 40+ hours remaining and i wont be able to play any online games in that time.

You can pause any download, be it the game itself, application data or updates, wait till Battfield gets a a Plus release, thats 74 gig.

Pickpocket wrote: »
    The game has been downloaded since yesterday evening. But when I start it a 'copying game' message appears in the corner. It's at 44% now. It's only moved 11% in the past 10 hours. I can still only play the demo section at the start. That can't be normal...?

It is still downloading the apllication data which is 46.5 gigs.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    You can pause any download, be it the game itself, application data or updates, wait till Battfield gets a a Plus release, thats 74 gig.

Not sure i can, its a 7gb initial download. After that i assume it continues in the background and not in the download list.

How do i pause those types of downloads?

Not sure i can, its a 7gb initial download. After that i assume it continues in the background and not in the download list.

You download the inital game first and then it starts downloading the application data, it should be in your download list in notfication, just press X to pause it.

Having alot of issues downloading NBA.... Getting HTTP Status Code : 404...... Its not hdd space as i have over 500gb free

Having alot of issues downloading NBA.... Getting HTTP Status Code : 404...... Its not hdd space as i have over 500gb free

Do a network test and then go back and start the download, it should fix it.

Actually I'm not sure you can. Once the initial download is done, it's all background application downloading then. It was after this release that sony brought in the feature of showing the app data download in the notification area. I thought it would apply to all games but maybe just ones released since that update. I had uninstalled it and noticed the same issue reinstalling. Even with 50gbs, took it's time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I am loving this game now the **** story has been skipped.

When does it end. Iv just started with an nba team

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    When does it end. Iv just started with an nba team

The end of the 1st season which i think is just half a season anyway. Season 2 is like when story ends and proper career starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The end of the 1st season which i think is just half a season anyway. Season 2 is like when story ends and proper career starts.

Yeah 8 games as a rookie with pointlrss cut scenes after each game. You can skip them if you want and then you start your first pro season with a new team.

I might look up about my new found rockets team to see if they can actually pass in real life or if the selfishness is just fictional...

Xenji wrote: »
    Do a network test and then go back and start the download, it should fix it.

Seems to be a temporary fix, iv done it a few times but ill leave it in rest mode for a while and hope for the best.

• Advertisement

Yeah 8 games as a rookie with pointlrss cut scenes after each game. You can skip them if you want and then you start your first pro season with a new team.

I might look up about my new found rockets team to see if they can actually pass in real life or if the selfishness is just fictional...

One thing that the game doesn't tell you but makes a HUGE difference is team chemistry. Try build that whenever you can. When it's low, they won't pass much (not a big problem of play point guard) bit a much bigger crime is how bad they play. Give then a wide open pass under the basket and they will miss a layup. Happens way too often to a point where you just want to move team but then you will be staying am over again. Getting your team chemistry over 80 will make ye play a lot better and make the games a lot more enjoyable.

I'm in 4th season but my team Knicks are still shyte. I won the champs with the Bulls last season and said I'd try a new team. ... wish i stayed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement