Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Can a Mod arrange a thread for all the NBA stuff.

If this amount of general game chat on only one game was in the console thread even if it was a PS4 exclusive it would have been shifted out long into the general gaming forum long ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've bumped the NBA 2K16 thread in Gaming General.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Currently have the TP-Link 4220 kit, think they're the same as those? Have those set up for wireless as well and have them connected via Ethernet to the tv. Afaik, house was built round round 99/00 so I think it's fine? Not sure...not a clue of any of this stuff

Yeah man if you have them already sure you just need to plug the WiFi one in somewhere close to the PS4 so you can use the Ethernet from it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yeah man if you have them already sure you just need to plug the WiFi one in somewhere close to the PS4 so you can use the Ethernet from it...

Already have all the current ones plugged in at blackspots in the house...gonna get the ones linked from Argos tho! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Downloading NBA is a disater,download keeps failing,happening all my friends. Its downloading ok then all of a sudden get the !cannot download ! message,pretty frustrating. Two night of rest mode and i have the initial 7gb and 16gb of the application data and cant get it to start now,pretty poor for a game they knew a lot of people would be downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Hmm, mines is stuck at 16Gb of the app data as well. Bit of a balls up right enough. tbh I'm sort of done with it at this stage, it's taking that long I really couldn't be arsed having to keep checking and restarting the download because its has encountered an error. Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

There's a Resi 7 demo available now for plus members.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Mines the same now stuck at 18gb think ill just delete it at this stage

I also had those problems with NBA...every time those errors popped up, I ran a connection test in the network settings and went back and it was fine. Took me 4 days or so to fully complete the download..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Look at you with yer fancy "Four Days"... wains these days, don't know they're born so they don't ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I knew nothing about this beforehand and was very surprised to see that it's in first-person. They're being very generous calling it 'Opening Hour' though. It's not even half that length.

It's fairly ugly and not just in terms of art-direction. It's also deliberately underlit, and that coupled with the faux-VHS sequence gave me a headache. I hope I'm just tired or whatever because otherwise that's a deal-breaker for me. I found it very hard looking at the screen. That's worrying for a game that's gonna be playable in VR.

The character animations are also dead-eyed and the voice acting is somewhat wooden, although it is a Resident Evil game so no surprises there.

I found it scary. I like horror games but they absolutely terrify me, more so than other people, I suspect. So perhaps I'm not the best judge of these things but this demo really had me on edge at a few different moments.

It got me thinking about VR. I genuinely don't know whether I'd be able for a game like this in that format. I 'enjoy' horror games because they just put you in a different space. It's a very pure videogame experience. But I'm just wondering if perhaps VR horror is a step too far for me (although I can't wait to try it).

Anyway, I think this looks promising. I'm just a little worried about how dated it looks at this stage of its development.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Something has to be wrong, never had an issue and anything else I download even today works fine but not NBA

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I downloaded NBA 2K16 in a few hours. I am surprised so many are having problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

lertsnim wrote: »
    I downloaded NBA 2K16 in a few hours. I am surprised so many are having problems with it.

Not the speed, it's just keeps getting errors which no other game has for me personally and every game I own is digital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I got a few errors downloading the game too, we have very good internet so it wasn't a fault on my end either. The PSN servers are very patchy, it's more than slightly annoying. They need to sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I knew nothing about this beforehand and was very surprised to see that it's in first-person. They're being very generous calling it 'Opening Hour' though. It's not even half that length.

I think when it's called 'Beginning Hour', it's more so meant to mean intro.

Either way I've actually put a lot more than an hour into it. There are multiple endings and differences in endings and right now there are a few things no one has figured out what to do with yet.

tok9 wrote: »
    There are multiple endings and differences in endings.

Ah, I didn't realise that. I'm intrigued.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My impression of the demo was that of a formally and thematically hollow attempt to recapture / shamelessly clone the magic of PT, without understanding the pyschological and existential dread woven into that 'game's' DNA. And yet it was still the most I've been intrigued by a Resi game in a years - while its tricks were as about as tropey and derivative as possible, it's still refreshing to see the series back at its horror roots and focusing on environmental creepiness and mystery again. It looks and sounds good, is sufficiently engaging and has some nice moments (the transition to 'playing' as the cameraman on the VHS tape was neat). If it maintains what is in the demo, the final game will be solid horror fare with a few welcome flourishes.

Above all, made me mourn for a Silent Hills that recaptured the bold, radical spirit of PT though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Resident Evil 7 is primarily a VR game that will be playable non VR and VR games are mostly always First Person.

PT and silent hills were consumed by konami, it's never gonna see the light of day, might as well embrace this resi game, at least it's not just set in one corridor.

Personally, i enjoyed the demo/teaser, the RE engine does look quite nice.
    You can die at the backdoor or die in the attic after you answer the phone..or looks at the umbrella chopper photo...and more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Find it hard to embrace the idea fully when it's such a watered down version of what PT teased. I still think it could easily be the best mainline Resident Evil since 4, but well that wouldn't be a major achievement ;)

The repetition and one location of PT, incidentally, were intrinsic to what made it so effective. It was a brilliant way to communicate the internal emotional strife, psychological stress and creeping madness of the protagonist. The imagery certainly didn't shy away from horror tropes, but also embraced more primal terror and discomfort. Resi VII teaser, in contrast, is little more than a creepy house of ghouls. Likely to be a fine little horror game, but even in a world where there will be no Silent Hills it can't help but feel like a watered down take on that influential teaser. Hopefully the final product will rock the boat a little more, as the teaser at the very least is promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

HIGHLY recommend playing Gone Home if you haven't already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I bought the full DriveClub game for €25 back in January 2015 (I just checked transaction history to make sure). It was on offer at that price for Ps plus customers. It was the full game, not the later watered down edition that was given free with plus.

At this moment I don't have Ps plus on that account as I share a ps4 with someone else who has it on their account (no need for 2 plus subs on the same PlayStation).

I went to play Driveclub for the first time in months through my account (the one that bought it) and it isn't recognising it as a purchased game. It wants me to buy the game again.

Is this because I dropped the Ps plus subscription on the account that bought it? If so, that doesn't make sense as there are other games I bought on that account at a Ps Plus discount rate (Far Cry, Dying light) and they still work no problem.

Any ideas?

Blatter wrote: »
    I bought the full DriveClub game for €25 back in January 2015 (I just checked transaction history to make sure). It was on offer at that price for Ps plus customers. It was the full game, not the later watered down edition that was given free with plus.

At this moment I don't have Ps plus on that account as I share a ps4 with someone else who has it on their account (no need for 2 plus subs on the same PlayStation).

I went to play Driveclub for the first time in months through my account (the one that bought it) and it isn't recognising it as a purchased game. It wants me to buy the game again.

Is this because I dropped the Ps plus subscription on the account that bought it? If so, that doesn't make sense as there are other games I bought on that account at a Ps Plus discount rate (Far Cry, Dying light) and they still work no problem.

Any ideas?

Yeah that doesn't make sense. The 'free' games will disappear when you drop your subscription but the discounted stuff should still be there. That's my understanding anyway. It should still be there.

Yeah that doesn't make sense. The 'free' games will disappear when you drop your subscription but the discounted stuff should still be there. That's my understanding anyway. It should still be there.

Yeah, I can't understand why it's not there. Who do I go about contacting to get a resolution to this, does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Yeah, I can't understand why it's not there. Who do I go about contacting to get a resolution to this, does anyone know?

Could it be the case that you only had the PS Plus version loaded on your playstation and not the full version that you had bought. If you go to the game on the store does it give you the option to buy or download?

Could it be the case that you only had the PS Plus version loaded on your playstation and not the full version that you had bought. If you go to the game on the store does it give you the option to buy or download?
    It only gives me the option to buy on the store.

You mention 'transaction history'. Does that show that you downloaded it or that you paid for it and how much you paid?

I'm not trying to doubt you but it does sound like you never bought it. If you're absolutely certain than just fire off an email. I'm not sure who you'd contact but a bit of Googling will you help you along. There has to be some sort of standard point of contact for transaction errors, etc.

You mention 'transaction history'. Does that show that you downloaded it or that you paid for it and how much you paid?

I'm not trying to doubt you but it does sound like you never bought it. If you're absolutely certain than just fire off an email. I'm not sure who you'd contact but a bit of Googling will you help you along. There has to be some sort of standard point of contact for transaction errors, etc.

PSN usually send you an emailed receipt as well for anything you've purchased. I always get them for the monthly PS+ games, so you could check to find that and send it on?

• Advertisement

It shows the amount I paid. €25 for DriveClub full game.

I myself had doubted for a second whether I had bought it but the purchase history is clear on the PS4 under transaction history in the billing info section.

Very strange seeing as I've never heard of it happening to anyone else before!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement