Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    could anybody tell me if I sign up for playstation plus for my ps3, will I have to sign up and pay again for the playstation plus for my vita??

Nope one membership does all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

EJ22 wrote: »
    Nope one membership does all

thats great. I think I'll sign up for a membership, bought a vita on release day and have'nt really played it, with plus coming to vita Im sure there will be great gaming bargains to be had..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

RangeR wrote: »
    I don't see the anger. Some people have VERY short memories. There are some months where the US get MUCH more than EU and vice versa.

One side always complains. Silly Billies.

Yeah, it probably balances over time but if we got one downloadable game and the U.S. got 2 full retail games I'm sure some people here would complain too.

Anyway, I have yet to get around to playing Borderlands so if anyone else hasn't played it yet either or just wants to play it coop from the start send me on a pm. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey lads, if anyone is on PSN today, could you do a search for Resident Evil 4 and let me know how much it is? I read there was a permanent price change from $19.99 to $13.99 and I wanted to check what is the price in euros and if there is a discount for PSN+?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 07Twain07

Great update today !
    I wonder how the Rabbit will be...
    Will still get my hands on the Gold RE edition (haven't played the addons yet)
    And Bulletstorm will be great since I've only played the demo. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think overall, we actually get more retail games(or maybe just more games in general) than America. I remember that being pointed out when this new program started.

But was just wondering, how would you feel if they started including PS2 games in the rotation instead of a PS3 title? Or maybe instead of a PSN game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

No interest in PS2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I wouldn't mind them swapping a PSN game for PS2/1 games, but not for PS3 games. As long as it was a good PS2/1 game.

I wouldn't mind them swapping a PSN game for PS2/1 games, but not for PS3 games. As long as it was a good PS2/1 game.

Same here.

But generally for me it's:

PS3>PSN>PS2>PS1

I'd say we could get an Assassin's Creed game next month to tie into the release of AC3. Since we got Borderlands, Darksiders and RE5 around the time their sequels came out. Or maybe that was just coincidence.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say we could get an Assassin's Creed game next month to tie into the release of AC3. Since we got Borderlands, Darksiders and RE5 around the time their sequels came out. Or maybe that was just coincidence.

No, I think you're right. Seems to be a strategy to increase sales of the newer games, we got Saints Row 2 as well.

sin0city wrote: »
    No, I think you're right. Seems to be a strategy to increase sales of the newer games, we got Saints Row 2 as well.

Not forgetting the welcome back program.
    "Here, have Infamous and Little Big Planet free. Ah, no no, we're not trying to convince you to buy their sequels by getting you hooked." :-)

So if this keeps up, we'll probably get Bioshock before Infinite comes out and maybe Heavy Rain before Beyond:Two Souls(I know it's not a sequel).
    Can't think of anything else.

Super Smash Bros before Playstation AllStars Battle Royale? :P

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not forgetting the welcome back program.
    "Here, have Infamous and Little Big Planet free. Ah, no no, we're not trying to convince you to buy their sequels by getting you hooked." :-)

So if this keeps up, we'll probably get Bioshock before Infinite comes out and maybe Heavy Rain before Beyond:Two Souls(I know it's not a sequel).
    Can't think of anything else.

Super Smash Bros before Playstation AllStars Battle Royale? :P

First one's free. Video game smack.

Other possibles are Far Cry 2, GTA 4, Tomb Raider Underworld...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

RangeR wrote: »
    No interest in PS2 games.

I'd take Wipeout Fusion in an instant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hey lads, if anyone is on PSN today, could you do a search for Resident Evil 4 and let me know how much it is? I read there was a permanent price change from $19.99 to $13.99 and I wanted to check what is the price in euros and if there is a discount for PSN+?

Thanks!

It's €19.99, no discount for PS+.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks man, ah its too much when I have 2 copies of the game already on the shelf. Hopefully it will come down at some point.

As everyone with plus has Borderlands I thought it might be a good place to ask...
    Looking to start a playthrough in Fyrestone, with mics, share loot. Play it properly really. I'd play Soldier or Hunter, don't mind. Usually play from about 9pm.
    Sorry if this really isn't the place but other forums (including Gearbox ones) now focus on Borderlands 2. Anyone into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I should really start this, I haven't played Borderlands yet. And now that I have it I can't help thinking i'm missing out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

As everyone with plus has Borderlands I thought it might be a good place to ask...
    Looking to start a playthrough in Fyrestone, with mics, share loot. Play it properly really. I'd play Soldier or Hunter, don't mind. Usually play from about 9pm.
    Sorry if this really isn't the place but other forums (including Gearbox ones) now focus on Borderlands 2. Anyone into it?

Sign me up anyway. I've only just finished Fyrestone so I've no problem helping out or maybe even starting over.

Sign me up anyway. I've only just finished Fyrestone so I've no problem helping out or maybe even starting over.

Sound.

We need 4 and that's 2 confirmed, 3 if you're going to play RedXIV.
    Can you both pm on your PSN ID's and I'll reply with mine.

Don't want to hijack this thread so can anyone else that's into it pm me on your PSN ID's and I'll pm them on to the others. Ideally you'll have a mic and we can work it so we've one of each class.

If there are more than that I'll put the extras together and send them on.

:)

• Advertisement

Sound.

Don't want to hijack this thread so can anyone else that's into it pm me on your PSN ID's and I'll pm them on to the others. Ideally you'll have a mic and we can work it so we've one of each class.

No bother, better root out my mic or hook up my other one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Sound.

I'm gonna give the game a go tonight but I'll PM you PSN ID now anyway. Like I said, never played before so don't want to go in and drag ye down straight away :D

Unfortunately I won't be on tonight! :( I'll be around rest of the week though.

RedXIV wrote: »
    Sound.

I'm gonna give the game a go tonight but I'll PM you PSN ID now anyway. Like I said, never played before so don't want to go in and drag ye down straight away :D

I've only played it for a few hours myself. Doesn't take long to get the hang of it - you mainly just shoot stuff in the face :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Battleborn

I downloaded Starhawk the other day,and have to admit it was a very enjoyable play...it does take up a lot of space but it's free so i'd recommend it to anyone with a few gigs of space! Also purchased the online for it and the only downflaw to that is that it is a seperate file,doesn't go onto the actual game when you download it,so the whole thing takes up alot of space :/ Infamous 2 is also a brilliant download and definitely worth the play,graphics are really good and storymode is great fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I need to throw myself into Starhawk. I played the Beta and liked it but it's no Warhawk.

Battleborn wrote: »
    I downloaded Starhawk the other day,and have to admit it was a very enjoyable play...it does take up a lot of space but it's free so i'd recommend it to anyone with a few gigs of space! Also purchased the online for it and the only downflaw to that is that it is a seperate file,doesn't go onto the actual game when you download it,so the whole thing takes up alot of space :/ Infamous 2 is also a brilliant download and definitely worth the play,graphics are really good and storymode is great fun :)

Haven't got round to downloading those 2 yet.
    I'm trying to make a dent in the other games in the instant games collection. So many games, so little time. :)

For anyone who hasn't bothered with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light yet, that's also suprisingly good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

We get bulletstorm today right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

jaxdasher wrote: »
    We get bulletstorm today right?

Yeh it's up now along with resident Evil 5 gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I will be buying PS+ in the next few days for the first time. Can anyone tell me what games are currently on offer to download from the + Collection?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement