Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Free up space? I just added to my download queue. Haven't actually tried downloading it. Will try when I get home to see if it worked
    Yeah, I bought it on the phone. It's back up to full price but it's still giving me the option to download to my PS3. Success!

Thanks guys. My hard-drive was full so I couldn't download it, but because I'm an idiot I never thought that it would still be in my library, and it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yeah it says I own it already. Downloaded it before but didn't have access to beta

Same, had to get onto support and they sorted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Varik wrote: »
    Same, had to get onto support and they sorted it.

I was able to download the starter pack with no issues in the last hour.

Anyone else having trouble downloading Yakuza 5? It says I haven't enough free space but I've almost 60GB free on system?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble downloading Yakuza 5? It says I haven't enough free space but I've almost 60GB free on system?

How big is the download file?
    You need double the hd space to download and then install the game.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    How big is the download file?

23GB, so I have plenty of space.

I was able to download the starter pack with no issues in the last hour.
    Thanks for your recent contact to PlayStation Support.

I can see from your contact that your having problems with purchasing the new Paragon content from the PlayStation Store. Our team have now confirmed that this has been resolved and you should now be able to purchase this content.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions please call PlayStation Support using the contact details below.

Thank you,

Steven
    Player Support Expert
    PlayStation Support

Guess they sorted it after getting contacted by people.

Not even sure I'm going to play it, some stuff look extremely bad. No clue what a hero challenge is but the higher priced packs get more and it apparently takes 100 hours each to earn them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have to say, the second boss in Furi is pretty epic. Not entirely sold on some of the gameplay mechanics, but definitely all gel together to create a pretty intense, pleasantly gruelling battle. Will see how it goes from here - can forsee a few ruthless design choices (such as having to restart a round if your health bar gets knocked down) growing frustrating if some of the bosses are significantly harder. That second boss hit just the right mark though.

The in between fight walks are painfully slow though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

23GB, so I have plenty of space.

Downloaded for me overnight with no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

F1ngers wrote: »

I don't think that is the case any more. They changed that in an update a year or so back.

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I don't think that is the case any more. They changed that in an update a year or so back.

Don't think it was ever the case on PS4, still there on PS3 I think.

Varik wrote: »
    Don't think it was ever the case on PS4, still there on PS3 I think.

Yeah, you still need double the space on the PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

CastorTroy wrote: »
    yakuza 5 is free for Plus members now. Looks like instead of Fat Princess

cheers for that, just got in on time! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I missed it, ah well, just 1 less game to digitally hoard.
    €90 worth of games not including Paragon and Yakuza this month :)

Hoping to crack into them this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Played through Gat Out Of Hell with a friend in one sitting. Enjoyable enough, even if the game is made up of sidequests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

i dont have a a ps4 (yet) but i still "buy" the ps4 freebies, seems sensible

i dont have a a ps4 (yet) but i still "buy" the ps4 freebies, seems sensible

Same here, future digital hoarding for something i may or may not buy....

Maybe i should buy Xbox live too without the consoles....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,784 ✭✭✭lertsnim

eddhorse wrote: »
    Same here, future digital hoarding for something i may or may not buy....

Perhaps they have a PS3 with an active PS+ sub? What's wrong with adding PS4 games to your library in that situation?

lertsnim wrote: »
    Perhaps they have a PS3 with an active PS+ sub? What's wrong with adding PS4 games to your library in that situation?

He wasn't saying there was anything wrong with it.

He wasn't saying there was anything wrong with it.

Really?

• Advertisement

Really?

That's a joke. He was saying that he hoards the PS4 games from PS Plus even though he doesn't have one just like the OP. I'm doing the same thing myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭weiland79

Did anyone else have a problem with last months NBK16 game? Everytime I try and download it I get an error message.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Did anyone else have a problem with last months NBK16 game? Everytime I try and download it I get an error message.

Some people did. I recall some posts about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just have to keep restarting the download,my best results came when i got it started and threw the console straight into rest mode. If i left it downloading in the background it kept failing. Common problem though so nothing wrong your end on the bright side.

Oh sweet lord yes indeed. An absolutely nightmare to download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Oh sweet lord yes indeed. An absolutely nightmare to download.
    The Application Data file subsequent to the initial download was quite a hefty size from what I remember, I didn't have too much trouble with it but if I had my PS4 back home in Cavan with our crappy internet I probably wouldn't have even bothered trying to download it.

Really?

I was joking sheessh !!

I do the same thing, i dont have a PS4, but purchase the free games just in case.

I could buy the yearly xbox live sub and get games in case i get an xbox one.

What's with Kill Strain being free for a week (12-19 / 7)

"this price is only available from 12/07/2016 to 19/07/16"

Never mind it's just the way they have it on the store, it's exclusive for plus for that week then it's available to everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fúck the third boss in Furi. Complete waste of time.

Must be up there with one of the worst boss battles I've ever played in a videogame.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah it's an appalling fight. I've played plenty of bullet hell shooters in my time so am more than familiar with dodging waves of projectiles, but that boss is a tedious, unfair bore and made more so by the design choices of the game overall. Such a shame after the excellent second one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement