Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Rebel Galaxy is not bad really. I bought it when it was released. It's like a poor man's Elite or X or Independance War all on PC back in the day but all in third person space combat, ie no cockpit view and basic 2D style navigation flying as apposed to full 3D in the x,y and z axis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I have both consoles xbox one and ps4, I have to say I don't understand why more people don't buy an xbox one, Ea Access and its games with gold alone should do it for anyone.

Ea Access is beyond amazing value, And GWG is miles superior to play stations offering especially now that every game on GWG that is a 360 titles is automatically backward compatible with the Xbox One.

I get it some people enjoy Indie games no issue with that but for god sake its time for more AAA games

I have both consoles xbox one and ps4, I have to say I don't understand why more people don't buy an xbox one, Ea Access and its games with gold alone should do it for anyone.

Ea Access is beyond amazing value, And GWG is miles superior to play stations offering especially now that every game on GWG that is a 360 titles is automatically backward compatible with the Xbox One.

I get it some people enjoy Indie games no issue with that but for god sake its time for more AAA games

If you look at it value wise. This year alone Plus have given way more for value for money than GWG by about 20% so far. THe game might not be for every one but for member ship cost wise you are getting more back with Plus.

I personally don't find EA access worth the cost as I'm not into any sports games, had it for a year then cancelled, again it's what you are into.

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PlayStation_Plus_vs._Games_with_Gold_Comparison

MS are currently busting their gut to win back gamers, and if they keep it up they could well do it.

If you look at it value wise. This year alone Plus have given way more for value for money than GWG by about 20% so far. THe game might not be for every one but for member ship cost wise you are getting more back with Plus.

I personally don't find EA access worth the cost as I'm not into any sports games, had it for a year then cancelled, again it's what you are into.

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PlayStation_Plus_vs._Games_with_Gold_Comparison

MS are currently busting their gut to win back gamers, and if they keep it up they could well do it.

I see what you are saying about value, but if you only include the games that are actually playable on PS4 then I reckon it falls well short of xbox. If you look at EA Access now there is quiet a few non sport games, Battlefield 4, Unravel, Plants Vs Zombies (part two available next month), Titanfall, Battlefield Hardline, Dead Space, Dragon age inquisition.. Quiet a few there to be honest.

Look as I said I own both consoles so I am a winner either way but if any asks me what console they should buy I nearly always say xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Look as I said I own both consoles so I am a winner either way but if any asks me what console they should buy I nearly always say xbox.[/quote]

More to it than that, I had a PS3 as my friends did, Demons Souls and Ratchet and Clank are enough to win the console wars for me regards 360 v PS3, PS4 v Xone was solely based off Bloodborne and the fact that the free PS3 games are always decent so I'd get them anyways, PS4 was a logical choice, regardless of any value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Neither subscription would make choose one over the other,always gonna buy the console my mates have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I just bought the console i thought was the better option for games and game performance, which is undoubtedly the PS4 hands down imo. Don't give a shyte about PS+ or GWG games, they are merely a bonus.

I just bought the console i thought was the better option for games and game performance, which is undoubtedly the PS4 hands down imo. Don't give a shyte about PS+ or GWG games, they are merely a bonus.

I'd agree that 1st party titles would be a selling point, Naughty Dog alone was what sent me PS4 bound, Performance side of things I really can't tell a difference between either console .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I only subscribe for games and discounts. The discounts were the only reason I was on Xbox Gold as well. Zero interest in multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Rebel Galaxy and Tricky Towers are available to download now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Jesus this month's games are utter ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Jesus this month's games are utter ****e

Tricky Towers is one of the worst games I've ever played in my life, it's utter tat you wouldnt download for free on your phone

Yakuza 5 on PS3 is utterly fantastic though, I seriously hope sony spent all the plus money on that and not this other rubbish

Is Rebel Galaxy that bad?

Was gonna give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Rebel Galaxy is good, it's 3rd person Elite

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is Rebel Galaxy that bad?

Was gonna give it a try

I think it's actually alright, I bought it at full price and don't feel that bad about paying it. There is a fully economy trading system in it. You can start a war in a system and drive up demand for weapons and then import them in form a quiet system where they are cheap for big profit.

It's basically third person X: Beyond the Frontier lite version.

A friend of mine was playing it and said while he thought it got a little repetitive it was a decent game. Cheers for the info,ill be giving it a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Rebel Galaxy is a good game, played it on Steam a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Ultratron is an enjoyable little arcade game. Been playing for ten mins here and there. Nice in short bursts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Rebel Galaxy looks decent, I'll give that a go. I'm glad we're getting a break from the truckload of indie retro games we've gotten in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anywhere online to buy a PS plus 12 month subscription card with instant delivery for an Irish account?

Argos is selling for 47.99 but that means waiting until tomorrow.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Just buy in on PSN no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Tried renewing my PS+ sub last nite with a 12 month sub on the PS4. Went through the usual transaction and pressed purchase. Got an error message saying the site was under maintenance. So I tried again a few mins later, same message again. Thought nothing more of it until I saw e-mails in my inbox saying thank you for your purchase, twice. Paid up now until 2018.

I know I could contact Sony for a refund but it'd be more hassle than it's worth, I'll get the benefit of the 2 year sub anyways but just a warning to other people if they do get this error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Almost gave up on Rebel Galaxy after 10 minutes because the ship was stuck o a 2D plane.

Glad I stuck with it as it's good fun. Basically it's AC:Black Flag in space. A wee bit repetitive after a while, but the combat is fun and the secondary activities (mining, bounties and trading) are all solid.

Well worth a look, and prob my favourite PS+ game in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Niska wrote: »
    Basically it's AC:Black Flag in space.

just finish BF which I loved, think u've just convinced me to try Rebel Galaxy!
    just know won't be dissapointed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,705 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

van_beano wrote: »
    Tried renewing my PS+ sub last nite with a 12 month sub on the PS4. Went through the usual transaction and pressed purchase. Got an error message saying the site was under maintenance. So I tried again a few mins later, same message again. Thought nothing more of it until I saw e-mails in my inbox saying thank you for your purchase, twice. Paid up now until 2018.

I know I could contact Sony for a refund but it'd be more hassle than it's worth, I'll get the benefit of the 2 year sub anyways but just a warning to other people if they do get this error message.

Same thing happened to me at Xmas paid with PayPal got an error at the end of the transaction so paid with standard credit card and that went through but when I checked my PayPal account the transaction had gone through and I had paid for two years of plus! They really need to sort out their payment systems and I believe they are not very helpful when you look for refunds!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Same thing happened to me at Xmas paid with PayPal got an error at the end of the transaction so paid with standard credit card and that went through but when I checked my PayPal account the transaction had gone through and I had paid for two years of plus! They really need to sort out their payment systems and I believe they are not very helpful when you look for refunds!

Yep I got the same error yesterday when re-subbing, paying with paypal too. Thankfully I had read van_beano's post beforehand. After getting the error once I went back into the PS+ monthly games section and was able to download them straight away. Speaking of which, Tricky Towers is good fun in local vs mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MarshMallows1

Ive been pulling my hair out doing the one player arcade mode in tricky towers! tough little game...

My plus is running out, the cheapest legit route I could find is argos.

You can also get a UK sub from cdkeys.com but you would need to create and use a UK account throughout the subscription if you wanted to use the store for example, it'd have to be on your uk account and therefore the UK store. Might not be the worst thing as they probably get better value on their store than us, but it is all just a bit dodgy, so I went the argos route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Apparently Retro/Grde was an error (seeing as it was on plus before), and has been replaced by Tom Clancy's EndWar.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-27-playstation-plus-august-freebies-unveiled

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They're raising the price of a 12 month subscription by $10 in the U.S., wouldn't be surprised if they do the same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ShaneU wrote: »
    They're raising the price of a 12 month subscription by $10 in the U.S., wouldn't be surprised if they do the same here.

Going up by $20 CAD :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement