Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Deal breaker for me if the Euro prices go up, I don't find Plus worth it anymore as is. I won't be renewing. Best bet is to stack subs now if you want to hold on and then remove your payment details from PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Deal breaker for me if the Euro prices go up, I don't find Plus worth it anymore as is. I won't be renewing.

Really? Even after Tricky Towers? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

how much subs can you put on an account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Skerries wrote: »

I don't think there is a limit. A few Redditors I've seen have their subs active up until 2020 & 2022.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That's me done too. They realise their user base is large enough that enough people will pay it.

That's just another push towards a PC for me. Shame.

On the plus side, next month's offerings should be good to convince people to pay up for another year. I'll just have to blast through them in a couple of weeks after release!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hope to god it doesn't go up here.. A fiver at most I'll be fine with, but nothing more. Only use the PS4 for FIFA and other sports games for online anyways, but if it does go up to €70 (like Canada's 70$CAD), I think I'll be playing those on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Even when the Canadian sub goes up to $70 it is still cheaper than the 50 Euro we currently pay, before this increase it was around 34 Euro for a 12 month Canadian sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Skerries wrote: »

I loaded up for 7yrs last year. I bought the subs from Argos when they got rid of them for €15 a year . I'm glad I did now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I wouldn't mind an increase if they increased the quality of games and online service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

sweetie wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind an increase if they increased the quality of games and online service.

Absolute agree, a triple A game every second month even and I'll happily pay 60 a year. I don't play online much anymore so if the price goes up and the service doesn't improve, it's the last penny I'll spend on Plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's just it. They're increasing the price but have they given a reason. Maybe they'll give us something for "free" that don't really want, like Eir have done with Eir Sports. "We're increasing the price but now you get Eir sports for free"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone have a link for that guy who sells Plus subs at a great price on Adverts? He should be expecting a fair amount of business soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Do you need PS+ to play online with friends? I'd bin it off otherwise, most of the free games have been pretty meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Apart from free to play games, yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I have 2 subs reserved now in my local Argos.

I have said this before but I'll say it again - I'm both a PS Plus and a Games with Gold member. GWG is far outstripping Plus at the moment in terms of the games. Yes I know games are very subjective but I believe many people that dip into both share the same feeling.

Also it you shop around you can get Xbox Live very cheap. Cheapest I paid for a year's sub is around €27 and most I paid in the last 2 years is €33.

Sony need to up their game, particularly now in order to justify the increase.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Coincidently just re-subbed to PS+ for a year last week, glad I did now. Had let it lapse since I wasn't playing PS4 at all but back with it now, so I'm ok paying €50 a year for what we get - would be nice to get some improvments all the same. Will have to see how things are in a years time as to whether it's worth re-subbing though.

Regarding GWG - sounds like it's a no brainer for someone who already has an Xbox One but it wouldn't make me go out and buy one (maybe it would others). Especially not since I'll be able to play Xbox One games on PC down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Regarding GWG - sounds like it's a no brainer for someone who already has an Xbox One but it wouldn't make me go out and buy one (maybe it would others)

Pretty sure anyone buying a new console who doesn't already have a ps4 or xb1 will have a much easier choice from here on out, gwg is cheaper better games and by far better infastructure(nowhere near as much downtime) the question about will you upgrade your ps4 may be will you upgrade to the new xbox1,

Sony had such an advantage this gen and imo have really f'!ked it right up, personally won't be buying anything from them for the foreseeable future, ps+ has been a complete rip off since ps4 launch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

cadete wrote: »
    Pretty sure anyone buying a new console who doesn't already have a ps4 or xb1 will have a much easier choice from here on out, gwg is cheaper better games and by far better infastructure(nowhere near as much downtime) the question about will you upgrade your ps4 may be will you upgrade to the new xbox1,

Sony had such an advantage this gen and imo have really f'!ked it right up, personally won't be buying anything from them for the foreseeable future, ps+ has been a complete rip off since ps4 launch

You might well be correct I don't know, but without dragging the thread off topic I'll just say I'm happy with Sony's offerings on PS4 and will be sticking with them for the time being.

cadete wrote:
    Pretty sure anyone buying a new console who doesn't already have a ps4 or xb1 will have a much easier choice from here on out, gwg is cheaper better games and by far better infastructure(nowhere near as much downtime) the question about will you upgrade your ps4 may be will you upgrade to the new xbox1

I find the offerings on PS+ far better than on GWG, people also have short memories and forget that for the best part of a decade MS forced gamers to get Live and offered nothing in return but the ability to play online. You had o pay to watch Netflix ffs. As for downtime, can't say I've seen much if any lately and a friend who does tech support for one of the major publishers told me that 80% of the calls that get in relation to online connectivity issues and server issues are Xbox owners, which is odd given how much the PS4 outsold the One.

I have both consoles and as such have the best of both world but given the choice between Plus and Live, well of be saying goodbye to Live. Perhaps it's because I like the fact that i don't equate value for money by the number of triple A titles we get. I much prefer a good 6 hour indie studio titles to a mediocre triple a title like last months WWE game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Maybe it happens when I'm at work or away and I've just been lucky but I can't remember any PSN downtime at all in the 18 months since I've had a PS4 and, tbh, not in the last year or so on PS3 before that. It used to be bad and seems to have kept the reputation.

Or maybe I've been lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Maybe it happens when I'm at work or away and I've just been lucky but I can't remember any PSN downtime at all in the 18 months since I've had a PS4 and, tbh, not in the last year or so on PS3 before that. It used to be bad and seems to have kept the reputation.

Or maybe I've been lucky.

Ya, it's fairly stable for a long time now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Won't be renewing my plus account in December, i rarely play online and the 'free' games have been rubbish for most of the year and steadily getting more boring and just the same mobile style games month after month. Just not worth it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not used ps plus since Bloodbourne and I get free multiplayer on steam. Time to cancel my subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Maybe the price increase is justified.

Sony's PSN + free games have been incredibly poor and along with no backward compatibility on PS4 is taking its toll. Maybe the extra funds might be going into delivering better free titles like Games with Gold and possibly backward compatibility.

*edit: **** that, I seen the price increase. Wow. Sony need to up their game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Dont think i will renew either, just digital hoarding.
    Never playing them and when all these servers are eventually switched off i will have nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

What's Dark Souls or Bloodborne like when you dont have PS+.
    Do you no longer see ghosts & messages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

*edit: **** that, I seen the price increase. Wow. Sony need to up their game.

Seems Europe subs are not increasing!

http://gamingbolt.com/ps-plus-price-increased-not-currently-planned-for-europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Yaay!

*sheepishly switches back on auto-renewal*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Yaay!

*sheepishly switches back on auto-renewal*

Id say it will be the following month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,784 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If they do then it will be time to use the GTX 970 in my PC more. 60 would very much be a deal breaker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement