Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ive only ever used PS+ for the MP aspect,so either i pay it or never use the PS4 again as i only play online with it really bar the odd game. Usually on PC for anything single player.

Its like every time one of the big two get on top in the console market the bad choices start appearing,Sony dod it when they thought PS3 was gonna dominate and paid the price for it. Then MS this gen took it for granted after the success of the 360. They only seem to care about their customers when they are behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

EoinHef wrote: »

Its like every time one of the big two get on top in the console market the bad choices start appearing,Sony dod it when they thought PS3 was gonna dominate and paid the price for it. Then MS this gen took it for granted after the success of the 360. They only seem to care about their customers when they are behind.

Which is exactly why competition is good for the consumer. We NEED it! :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

My ps4 is becoming a dust collector at this stage, apart from Bloodborne, Uncharted collection, Uncharted 4 and The Last Of Us, there hasn't really been acting great on the system other than remakes and PSN is just not worth it anymore. At this stage I've even lost interest in the Neo. Sony will need to up their game brining AAA exclusives to the system to keep up interest.

Most games now I buy/play on pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Which is exactly why competition is good for the consumer. We NEED it! :P

For sure,i can only imagine what either would be like without the other!!

• Maybe the price increase is justified.

Sony's PSN + free games have been incredibly poor and along with no backward compatibility on PS4 is taking its toll. Maybe the extra funds might be going into delivering better free titles like Games with Gold and possibly backward compatibility.

*edit: **** that, I seen the price increase. Wow. Sony need to up their game.

I'd say the circle is complete.
    They have re-gained the user-base on MS so in turn they no longer need to entice users with good games monthly and have free reign to raise the subscription prices to whatever they like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Tom Clancy's Endwar(PS3) in PS+ section, free.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

Not too fussed about the increase if it happens. Not ideal obviously, but I've got good value out of PS+ games however erratic the quality has been. And I'd spend 60 quid on a night on the razz without even thinking of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

PS+ has always been worth the price, at least since 2011 which IGC debuted, I got two years worth when the annual sub was down to 35€ but even at 50€ for the price of one new release you get a bunch of games you might otherwise never check out and you may really surprise yourself. To take just two examples. I put combined weeks of time into Rocket League and would have probably never given it a second look only for PS+, and runs of The Binding of Isaac are more regular parts of the near-daily routine after work for that last two years than making dinner, despite not being grabbed by the Steam original.

The avergae attractiveness of games has gone down a bit, yes, which sucks but I do have a PS4/3/V backlog that I don't have enough hours in the day to get through by now because of it so I'm never really stuck for something to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

Jikashi wrote:
    you get a bunch of games you might otherwise never check out and you may really surprise yourself

This is the crux for me. I've had gaming experiences courtesy of Plus that I simply never would have had without it. Games I just would never have bought. For that alone it's still very good value personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Here's hoping that Sony have a few big titles lined up given the price increase in the States.

There are rumors that Watch Dogs could be one of the games.

I've also have my PS Plus sub renewed until December 2019, think I can safely hold off on buying any more subs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Here's hoping that Sony have a few big titles lined up given the price increase in the States.

There are rumors that Watch Dogs could be one of the games.

I've also have my PS Plus sub renewed until December 2019, think I can safely hold off on buying any more subs.

I heard that it will not be any of the AAA gamers just indies.

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/41715/20160829/playstation-plus-free-games-list-for-september-7-titles-revealed-xcom-enemy-unknown-bastion-included-what-we-know-so-far.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

kfrp wrote: »

That's one of those complete nonsense articles that's always appearing in the days running up to the PS Plus announcement to generate a bit of traffic for the site. I wouldn't pay any attention to what it says.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's grim to think so many utterly useless sites continue to exist primarily by gaming SEO. Although some higher profile sites - Forbes, for example - are appalling for it too, by posting articles totally devoid of substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

That's one of those complete nonsense articles that's always appearing in the days running up to the PS Plus announcement to generate a bit of traffic for the site. I wouldn't pay any attention to what it says.

A few of these sites have been right before

I hope its something worthwhile anyway as I'm not bothered with most of the indy games.

kfrp wrote: »
    A few of these sites have been right before

I hope its something worthwhile anyway as I'm not bothered with most of the indy games.

If something leaks it usually appears on reddit and even then I take it with a huge of salt until the games are actually announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Kinda surprised we haven't heard anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Usually a bit later on in the Day

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

On a Tuesday before. But they have taken their time lately. As one site pointed out, they've now said it'll be the last week of the month, so I guess tomorrow and Friday fall into that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I've a feeling we'll be disappointed with junk games that I wouldn't buy being offered again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I've a feeling we'll be disappointed with junk games that I wouldn't buy being offered again.

d97794f7-033a-4009-bd34-777453cf30c4.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The big announcement is the 7th, assume they're holding it for that.

"It's available to download now"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ffs, I've already bought journey twice, waste of a free game space.

cancelling my plus subscription when I get home.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I stand corrected I'm very happy with that.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Have Journey and got Lords of the Fallen when it was free on Xbox's Game with Gold. Still a nice month for those who don't have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Otacon wrote: »

To be fair all the people crying out for AAA games.
    Lords of the fallen is one - not sure how good it is.
    Never played Journey either

So its not a bad month for me

Dammit. Bought journey two weeks ago. For those who haven't played it, you are in for a treat. Not sure if Lords of the Fallen looks like my cup of tea

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Will have to get the PS3 out for Prince of persia, that's the one where they returned to the PS2 game story. Might finally try to platinum 2 and 3 after I got the collection and did sands of time.

Varik wrote: »
    Will have to get the PS3 out for Prince of persia, that's the one where they returned to the PS2 game story. Might finally try to platinum 2 and 3 after I got the collection and did sands of time.

Played Forgotten Sands at the end of last year. Only took about 8 hours or so to play but it was great craic. Really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

DeclanRe wrote: »
    To be fair all the people crying out for AAA games.
    Lords of the fallen is one - not sure how good it is.
    Never played Journey either

So its not a bad month for me

Agreed.

A triple-A game in Lords, one of the most highly regarded games of all time in Journey, a plucky PS3 adventure in Prince plus a highly-rated visual novel for the Vita and the usual couple of indie titles.

That's a very good month but it won't stop people complaining. Some people feel that they're entitled to games that they haven't played yet. Like the guy above cancelling his sub because he already purchased Journey twice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement