Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

For every post complaining about the Plus games, there's always at least two more complaining about the people complaining about the Plus games.

In this case, there wasn't even someone complaining about the Plus games to begin with. :rolleyes:

Getting real tired of this happening nearly every month. On a side note, very happy with those games, haven't played any of them before either which is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

martyos121 wrote: »
    For every post complaining about the Plus games, there's always at least two more complaining about the people complaining about the Plus games.

In this case, there wasn't even someone complaining about the Plus games to begin with. :rolleyes:

Getting real tired of this happening nearly every month. On a side note, very happy with those games, haven't played any of them before either which is a bonus.

And there are a fair few complaining about the people who complain about the complainers :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lords of the Fallen is a slower, tankier Dark Souls, as a fan of the series I didn't like it but it was received well.

Journey has been on my list for ages so I'm delighted with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I sit in the shadows all month long, ready to pounce on anyone that complains.

I don't even have PS Plus. I don't even have a Playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Journey is, IMO, the best PS3 game and in the top five ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I bought both of those in the last 3 months.
    LOTF - not a bad clone. Need to pick it up again as got stuck at the 2nd boss.
    Journey - nice distraction but way too short.

Not a bad month with these two at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Amnesia is a solid VN, it might not be for everyone though due to it being a otome game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Great month whooop
    Will still play through Journey again for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Pickpocket wrote: »

That's a very good month but it won't stop people complaining. Some people feel that they're entitled to games that they haven't played yet. Like the guy above cancelling his sub because he already purchased Journey twice.

He was making a joke, even has a smiley face at the end of his post!

He was making a joke, even has a smiley face at the end of his post!

I never seen the smiley. I thought he was being serious. My apologies to the OP.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Amnesia is a solid VN, it might not be for everyone though due to it being a otome game.

Are you a fan of VNs? What's the best one on Vita?

Are you a fan of VNs? What's the best one on Vita?

You do not have much options with the Vita unless you understand Japanese, but as a pure VN and in English I would go get Steins;Gate.

Xenji wrote: »
    You do not have much options with the Vita unless you understand Japanese, but as a pure VN and in English I would go get Steins;Gate.

Cheers.

How about the PS3/4?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Stein's Gate is on PS3 too, you're even more limited beyond handhelds and PC TBH. Hatoful Boyfriend is hilarious though, and that's on PS4 I think - best pigeon dating simulator around!

Virtue's Last Reward is excellent, although you'd need to brush up a bit on its predecessor first. The third game in the series is the best of the lot, although isn't technically a VN as it (thankfully IMO) breaks from the genre's typical presentation style.

It's a genre that frustrates me a lot, as it's a very restrictive and exposition heavy way of telling a story, but there's good stuff in there for sure if you persevere.

Stein's Gate is on PS3 too, you're even more limited beyond handhelds and PC TBH. Hatoful Boyfriend is hilarious though, and that's on PS4 I think - best pigeon dating simulator around!

Virtue's Last Reward is excellent, although you'd need to brush up a bit on its predecessor first. The third game in the series is the best of the lot, although isn't technically a VN as it (thankfully IMO) breaks from the genre's typical presentation style.

It's a genre that frustrates me a lot, as it's a very restrictive and exposition heavy way of telling a story, but there's good stuff in there for sure if you persevere.

I've never tried a VN. I was playing Persona 4 Golden recently and packed it in after about 10 hours because of the combat. I'm just never gonna get into JRPGs. But I really enjoyed the leisurely pace of the character interaction. Everything had a certain oddness that I found very appealing. I just cannot stand the combat. Would VNs offer me a Persona(ish) experience or are they just fundamentally different genres?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Im actually behind a bit on the PS+ games now for a change,i want to give rebel galaxy a bit more time before i try out lords of the fallen or journey. Just havent got any time for it right now as ive played a lot of no mans sky recently.

Good month for most from what i can see there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Dammit. Bought journey two weeks ago. For those who haven't played it, you are in for a treat. Not sure if Lords of the Fallen looks like my cup of tea

lol me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Taltos wrote: »
    Journey - nice distraction but way too short.

I couldn't disagree more, it was the perfect length for what it was as a game.

If it had been 8 or 12 hours long, it would have lost so much of it's impact.

As it stands 1st play through is like 2.5 hours, perfect for 1 sitting so you don't lose the sense of flow or momentum that the game paces well emotionally and with the story/music etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Cormac... wrote: »
    I couldn't disagree more, it was the perfect length for what it was as a game.

If it had been 8 or 12 hours long, it would have lost so much of it's impact.

As it stands 1st play through is like 2.5 hours, perfect for 1 sitting so you don't lose the sense of flow or momentum that the game paces well emotionally and with the story/music etc

Sounds great, can't wait to get my hands on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Just bought Journey a couple of weeks back in the sales :-( It's a beautiful game but not one I would play more than once. As for Lords of the Fallen, I've just finished Bloodborne and started DS2 so have now acquired a taste for these types of games, as a souls clone I'm well pleased with this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

TinCanMan wrote: »
    Just bought Journey a couple of weeks back in the sales :-( It's a beautiful game but not one I would play more than once. As for Lords of the Fallen, I've just finished Bloodborne and started DS2 so have now acquired a taste for these types of games, as a souls clone I'm well pleased with this.

Not PS+ related, but you should also try Salt and Sanctuary, quality game also has co-op.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/salt-and-sanctuary/cid=EP0609-CUSA04261_00-SALTNSANCTUARY00

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

F1ngers wrote: »
    Not PS+ related, but you should also try Salt and Sanctuary, quality game also has co-op.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/salt-and-sanctuary/cid=EP0609-CUSA04261_00-SALTNSANCTUARY00

Cheers ;-) I have been keeping an eye on that for a price drop. I have a bit of a backlog at the moment so time is on my side.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

When do September games come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,838 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PS+ games come out the first Tuesday of every month.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

tomorrow isnt it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Don't forget to 'purchase' Yakuza 5 if you haven't already, easily the most generous PS Plus offering in a while.

It has playable Taiko no Tatsujin cabinets too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Don't forget to 'purchase' Yakuza 5 if you haven't already, easily the most generous PS Plus offering in a while.

It has playable Taiko no Tatsujin cabinets too :cool:

and a fully featured entire port of Virtua Fighter 2!

What time will the new games be available at tomorrow? I can't wait to fall in love with five Japanese boys.

• Advertisement

What time will the new games be available at tomorrow? I can't wait to fall in love with five Japanese boys.

Your 5 bishis will be up shortly after midnight or between 09.00 and 11.00 , the exact time fluctuates though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement