Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Wifi is banjaxed. Connected network cable and it's OK straight away. Getting error codes on WIFI. Was grand uo to yesterday before I updated to 4.0
    I read that as Wife is banjaxed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Finished journey!

TBH I should have went to bed hours ago instead :D

.... WIFI problems weren't related to 4.0 upgrade (coincidence). The router was the problem in the end!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Finished journey!

TBH I should have went to bed hours ago instead :D

.... WIFI problems weren't related to 4.0 upgrade (coincidence). The router was the problem in the end!

That doesn't come across too well after the posts leading up to it......:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lads, Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition or Alien Isolation : The Collection.

Both at €19.99 in the store and I'm torn between em.

I love a good fps but i also love a good RPG. Thoughts?

Or just the regular Alien : Isolation for €12.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Bought both of them in this sale. Have put about 7 or 8 hours into both, enjoying Diablo more than Alien, but both are really good games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Alien at that price I'd certainly go for it. Play it on hard mode and you'll what a real grind is! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Lads, Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition or Alien Isolation : The Collection.

Both at €19.99 in the store and I'm torn between em.

I love a good fps but i also love a good RPG. Thoughts?

Or just the regular Alien : Isolation for €12.99?

Diablo 3 all the way, you can plow hundreds of hours into it, Alien Isolation was a complete let down, it was an all around dull boring game that made you spend about half of its time hiding in lockers, if the game managed to scare you then Professor Cold Heart must of done a serious number on you as a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Xenji wrote: »
    Diablo 3 all the way, you can plow hundreds of hours into it, Alien Isolation was a complete let down, it was an all around dull boring game that made you spend about half of its time hiding in lockers, if the game managed to scare you then Professor Cold Heart must of done a serious number on you as a kid.

Pulled the trigger on both anyway!

I'm a huge alien fan so for €20 i don't mind if its not both.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Colonial Marines? Isolation was quite well received and regularly gets recommended I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Atomicjuicer0

Alien Isolation is a masterpiece

• Advertisement

Colonial Marines? Isolation was quite well received and regularly gets recommended I thought

Isolation, it was just really boring and bland gameplay wise, it has a great atmosphere though I will give it that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Alien really seems to divide opinion. I've had it sat on the shelf for a year now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Alien Isolation features the best realisation of the Xenomorph since Alien.

Yes, I include Aliens in that assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I played the first couple of levels of Alien Isolation. Bored me to tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Alien Isolation is one of my favourite games. It falls apart slightly in the last quarter making it feel overlong but the middle part of the game was amazingly tense. The sound on it was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I played the first couple of levels of Alien Isolation. Bored me to tears.

Try playing on the hardest difficulty. The Xenomoroph is unforgiving! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I played Alien Isolation with the camera set up on this game.

Had forgotten about it and OH was making chips, noisy as heck behind me - could not move in the game without getting found/killed - took me a while to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

2-4gb max 2.5 SATA? What's the first part?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

There seems to be varying degrees of love for Alien Isolation. I loved P.T. and thoroughly enjoyed Outlast. Should I buy it or have I seen it all before?. Cheers folks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

GerB40 wrote: »
    There seems to be varying degrees of love for Alien Isolation. I loved P.T. and thoroughly enjoyed Outlast. Should I buy it or have I seen it all before?. Cheers folks

Years ago I played a terribad Aliens game on PC. It had the scanner from the Aliens movie that beeped as the Aliens got closer. It terrified me. This is much much worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

GerB40 wrote: »

Absolutely loved Alien Isolation. The mid part of the game is very slow but overall its brilliant. It needs to be played with a headset to get the most out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Absolutely loved Alien Isolation. The mid part of the game is very slow but overall its brilliant. It needs to be played with a headset to get the most out of it.

Or a good 5.1 system....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Colonial Marines wasn't too bad after the patch either, but you had to turn off the HUD and use the handheld scanner only.

Saw today that Sega have hinted at a VR Alien: Isolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Saw today that Sega have hinted at a VR Alien: Isolation.

thats for Occulus tho right? cud be ages and not sure if will come to PSVR..

Getting PSVR for Xmas and playing Alien Isolation at the moment, loving it altho scares the bejaysus out of u at times!
    wud be awesome in VR i think, surely an easy patch wrap the screen and ur done? or am i missing something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a 12 month subscription? It looks to be €50 in most shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Mr Arrior wrote: »
    Anyone know the cheapest place to get a 12 month subscription? It looks to be €50 in most shops.

few places for a few cent less but thats it.

Just double checking before I buy, is the plus what allows ya to play online?

Mr Arrior wrote: »
    Just double checking before I buy, is the plus what allows ya to play online?

Yes.

• Advertisement

Yes.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement