Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

I know Crysis 2 is one game for November but anyone hear what the other one is?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Should be 2 more? Probably be announced on Tuesday. Just Crysis 2 is the first one with the others released mid month.

Does anyone else just add them to their download list even if they have the game? I do it, just in case something happens my copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I "purchase" all of them for free so that even when they're removed, I can still get 'em for free. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Does anyone else just add them to their download list even if they have the game? I do it, just in case something happens my copy.

i check the new this week section and add everything that was free.

I don't do it with Themes, avatars, etc because I mainly just use the PS3 for games and blu rays so am rarely looking at all those wee things

• Advertisement

I see the new update's out there but I can't access from work. all I can see from a google news search is
    PlayStation Plus members have a big batch of content to look forward to in November, ... November 7th will see Ratchet and Clank All 4 One added to PS Plus,
    So that's Crysis 2 and Ratchet and Clank at least

I see the new update's out there but I can't access from work. all I can see from a google news search is

So that's Crysis 2 and Ratchet and Clank at least

Yeah, it's Ratchet & Clank: All for one, Crysis 2 and Cubixx HD.

Happy with that as I haven't played any of them yet.
    There's also talk of an "AAA action-adventure title" for December too.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/11/02/playstation-plus-your-november-content/#more-94985

sin0city wrote: »
    Yeah, it's Ratchet & Clank: All for one, Crysis 2 and Cubixx HD.

Happy with that as I haven't played any of them yet.
    There's also talk of an "AAA action-adventure title" for December too.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/11/02/playstation-plus-your-november-content/#more-94985

I hate when they are secretive like that, a AAA action-adventure title is something that i likely already have. if i do hopefully they discount some DLC.

Uncharted or Assassin's Creed, I'd say. Likely AC, just cause I predicted it for possibility this month and don't want to be way out. :P

I got the Crysis collection during the last Steam sale but it's already at the point where I'm kind of relieved if I have a game that's available on PS Plus. damn them and giving us so many free games. :D

Uncharted or Assassin's Creed, I'd say. Likely AC, just cause I predicted it for possibility this month and don't want to be way out. :P

I got the Crysis collection during the last Steam sale but it's already at the point where I'm kind of relieved if I have a game that's available on PS Plus. damn them and giving us so many free games. :D

Uncharted 2 was my first thought too but it's more likely AC alright with 3 just out. Crysis 3 is in development too so we probably should have seen Crysis 2 coming as well. Oh, maybe God of War 3 though?

Backlog getting ridiculous alright. I can't even get through the 2 games a month (if I haven't played them before) and that's not counting any games you buy or already have in your backlog. But as Marlo says, "sound like one of them good problems." :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Backlog getting ridiculous alright. I can't even get through the 2 games a month (if I haven't played them before) and that's not counting any games you buy or already have in your backlog. But as Marlo says, "sound like one of them good problems." :)

I'm in the same boat but I don't help myself by wanting to play long games. Started a second RDR play through last week, bought GTA 3 when it went up on PSN and really fancy re-playing GTA 4 in the next few months.

I bought AMY last night as I saw it was in their Halloween sale. With the PS+ discount it was less than £2. I seem to recall it coming out at the start of the year and getting decent feedback from people so I may try to play that over the weekend. I doubt it'll be long at that price.

I also finally bought Flower which I'm looking forward to playing. If it's half of the experience that Journey was then I'll be very happy.

Sorry, went off topic there! :D

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat but I don't help myself by wanting to play long games. Started a second RDR play through last week, bought GTA 3 when it went up on PSN and really fancy re-playing GTA 4 in the next few months.

I bought AMY last night as I saw it was in their Halloween sale. With the PS+ discount it was less than £2. I seem to recall it coming out at the start of the year and getting decent feedback from people so I may try to play that over the weekend. I doubt it'll be long at that price.

I also finally bought Flower which I'm looking forward to playing. If it's half of the experience that Journey was then I'll be very happy.

Sorry, went off topic there! :D

Unfortunately, my backlog is less of a log and more of a backforest. Between PC, Wii and PS3 and don't even want to throw in Gamecube and PS2. Funny thing is I have all the main Resi Evil games from 0 to 5 and only played 1 as Jill and a bit of 0. One of these days I'll get back to them.

Wonder how I go about getting a sabbatical from work. :pac:

Back on topic, so Crysis 2 and R&C are both on the 7th?

Unfortunately, my backlog is less of a log and more of a backforest. Between PC, Wii and PS3 and don't even want to throw in Gamecube and PS2. Funny thing is I have all the main Resi Evil games from 0 to 5 and only played 1 as Jill and a bit of 0. One of these days I'll get back to them.

Wonder how I go about getting a sabbatical from work. :pac:

Back on topic, so Crysis 2 and R&C are both on the 7th?

A gaming sabbatical :rolleyes: That would be cool.
    I've put off buying AC3, Dishonoured and Hitman (when it comes out) to try and finish off some games. Christmas presents I think! Those 3 games and GTA 5 coming too will make for a nice start to the New Year thoguh :)

Yeah, all 3 on the 7th.

A gaming sabbatical :rolleyes: That would be cool.
    I've put off buying AC3, Dishonoured and Hitman (when it comes out) to try and finish off some games. Christmas presents I think! Those 3 games and GTA 5 coming too will make for a nice start to the New Year thoguh :)

Yeah, all 3 on the 7th.

I also want to get the Wii U, but I'm guessing that wouldn't help matters. So the plan is to wait til the backlog clears a bit so I can justify getting it.

Anyone else find themselves reluctant to buy older games these days under the expectation that Plus will probably have them soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I just saw that assassin's creed 2 and brotherhood is free for psn+, is that an error? It's on the full game section, not in the psn+ area. Either way I quickly added it to my download list just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I just saw that assassin's creed 2 and brotherhood is free for psn+, is that an error? It's on the full game section, not in the psn+ area. Either way I quickly added it to my download list just in case.

They are 1 hour trials

ShaneU wrote: »

They are 1 hour trials
    Damend this cluttered UI!

Or maybe they aren't, all the other trials give you to option to buy the game and this doesn't.

Or maybe they aren't, all the other trials give you to option to buy the game and this doesn't.
    I'll find out after a few hours. I doubt Psn would make that bad of a slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just added them to my download queue anyway :D

EDIT: Couldn't add brotherhood in time :(

• Advertisement

They're trials, option to pay just appeared :(

Damn they heard us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Checked and I have AC2 as a full game available to download but AC:Brotherhood is a trial

RedXIV wrote: »
    Checked and I have AC2 as a full game available to download but AC:Brotherhood is a trial

Same.

Likely these were meant to be Decembers plus games, i can see Sony taking them back if not.

Sweet :D

I still think they're trials, check the expiry on them

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

I still think they're trials, check the expiry on them

I could be going blind (it is 5am) but I just started the download of AC 2 and couldn't see an expiry date. Putting both PS3's on night duty. Just have to download 14gb in 4 hours before Sony Ireland wake up :)

May be some form of display error as on my phat it showed full game without a price and allowed a download but when I went to the slim when the dropdown was clicked the full game option then later showed a price of €12.99. So anyone downloading dont click on the dropdown selection menu, just confirm the download and proceed to the checkout and you might get away with it. Possible Sony have already cottoned on or will just disallow play anyway.

I could be going blind (it is 5am) but I just started the download of AC 2 and couldn't see an expiry date
    Press triangle on the game when in the xmb, go to information, then scroll down

Downloaded both and even though ac2 says full game, they are both trials. :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Press triangle on the game when in the xmb, go to information, then scroll down

As jaxdasher said AC 2 is listed as a trial now in the info section :( For those with download caps, don't bother.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement