Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I finally caved in. After years of disliking PS+ immensely due to its poor selection, it's gotten too intriguing to ignore. So with Bulletstorm, Double Dragon and Borderlands up - all games I've been meaning to play - I concede. A three month sub has been purchased to give the service a 'trial' of sorts. I still hate the idea of subscriptions like this, but it's kinda like just renting those games for an extended period I guess.

Now, just to contend with the PSN severs...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

PS+ is brilliant and is amazing value. You've missed out on some great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

anyone know if i were to buy a ps plus card would i be able to use that card for funds on my psn wallet or would it have to be just for ps plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Cokeistan wrote: »
    anyone know if i were to buy a ps plus card would i be able to use that card for funds on my psn wallet or would it have to be just for ps plus?

99% sure it's a code to redeem the ps+ item on the store so no, can't transfer it to your wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Plus cards are just that, different code to the PSN credit cards, they are set to 90 or 365 days not cash value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

I finally caved in. After years of disliking PS+ immensely due to its poor selection, it's gotten too intriguing to ignore. So with Bulletstorm, Double Dragon and Borderlands up - all games I've been meaning to play - I concede. A three month sub has been purchased to give the service a 'trial' of sorts. I still hate the idea of subscriptions like this, but it's kinda like just renting those games for an extended period I guess.

Now, just to contend with the PSN severs...

Just remember to put Borderlands in your download list before the 7th.
    It and Just Cause 2 will be replaced then. Started playing Bulletstorm last night. I'm not too into shooters but it's good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

What is everyone hoping for P+ on the Vita (if you have a Vita that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Animo wrote: »
    What is everyone hoping for P+ on the Vita (if you have a Vita that is)

Same as the PS3 version - automatic updates, cloud saving, and loads of free/discounted stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got a email that may be too do with the facebook thing they're doing and seems that i'm not alone.

Dreadaxe, claim your PlayStation Plus 30 day trial

The email is blank except for a blue bar and with the word Ireland on it also in blue.

Address us legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

If anyone still play borderlands 1, add me up. Got mic. And also for crysis 2 tomorrow. Less lag when we play within Ireland. PSN id : JaxDasher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Varik wrote: »
    Got a email that may be too do with the facebook thing they're doing and seems that i'm not alone.

Dreadaxe, claim your PlayStation Plus 30 day trial

The email is blank except for a blue bar and with the word Ireland on it also in blue.

Address us legit.

PSAccess were offering 30 day trials last week through a facebook app. I recieved my code there 3 days ago

EJ22 wrote: »
    PSAccess were offering 30 day trials last week through a facebook app. I recieved my code there 3 days ago

I know that and did it but my email saying i got it is blank, which is why I'm asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

I know that and did it but my email saying i got it is blank, which is why I'm asking.

My apologies I misread your original post. That is quite irregular I'd say message sony support and say it to em.

EJ22 wrote: »
    My apologies I misread your original post. That is quite irregular I'd say message sony support and say it to em.

Got on to them on Twitter and Facebook, I'll see what happen from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Can you still get that trial?

Wing126 wrote: »
    Can you still get that trial?

I just entered the quiz for it and it still took my appication in so I think its still up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Awesome. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Resi 5 is free

Resi 5 is free

RE5 gold has been free for awhile

• Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not in the States. They just get it this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

The 30 day code isnt coming to my email

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

The 30 day code isnt coming to my email

Its meant to be a competition thing with lots of winners. I entered in yesterday and some people were waiting a few days to win the code so let time pass and keep checking.

I love the PS+ subscription since i have got it and will definitely be renewing the service every year.:)

Too many games to be playing now! I had Burnout paradise on my store download list too when i bought it, is that free with every PS+ subscription or was mine a fluke? Wasn't on the instant download or advertised anywhere but was in my download list when i checked!
    Got the platinum on it anyway, happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Burnout Paradise was one of the 'Welcome Back' games they offered up after the service outage the other year. Is it possible you added it to the download list then?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Burnout Paradise was one of the 'Welcome Back' games they offered up after the service outage the other year. Is it possible you added it to the download list then?

Nah, definitely not. I have bought loads of stuff since then and know whats on my download list. It was at the very top of the pile as if i just bought it. besides i choose LBP and infamous as my free games.

Klair88 wrote: »
    Nah, definitely not. I have bought loads of stuff since then and know whats on my download list. It was at the very top of the pile as if i just bought it. besides i choose LBP and infamous as my free games.

Being on the top does not mean it's new, my list has messed itself up and all my games list September 2012 as when they were added.

Being on the top does not mean it's new, my list has messed itself up and all my games list September 2012 as when they were added.

Ah i see, well im 100% certain it wasn't on my list anywhere as i know whats on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know I have Burnout Paradise as well. It wasn't directly a part of the welcome back package but it was free to PS+ users back then when Sony gave everyone a free 30 days of PS+.

So the 3 new games are available now

Crysis 2 is nt showing up

Crysis 2 is nt showing up
    I don't see the others either

• Advertisement

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I don't see the others either

I found R&C All for One.But Crysis 2 isnt coming up free

This discussion has been closed.