Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just did a search for them and they all showed as Free. Strange thing was that Cubixx HD didn't have the price scored out like the other 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ratchet and Clank is a 16gb download.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Crysis 2 is up for free now. 7.4gb download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Added them all to the Download Queue, and picked up the Jak and Daxter trilogy for €15 for good measure!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

mise wrote: »
    Added them all to the Download Queue, and picked up the Jak and Daxter trilogy for €15 for good measure!

Did the same, will kick my self if it shows up cheaper with a plus discount later ( not that likely as it was €30 to €15).

Wish they knocked another euro off it, that or increase the sterling price.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'll DL Crysis and R&C for sure, my PS3 was collecting dust for the last nonth but fired it up tonight to grab these :)

The 30 day code isnt coming to my email

I read online it might take a few days for the code to go to your email acc.
    I'll use the trial fir my US account....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

My 30 day code just got to me. Anyone else waiting should check soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

i just got the 30 day code too but the store isnt accepting it and its loading really slow, anybody know who i can email/ twitter this to for a solution?

Klair88 wrote: »
    i just got the 30 day code too but the store isnt accepting it and its loading really slow, anybody know who i can email/ twitter this to for a solution?
    Maybe because we are already subscribed

• Advertisement

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Maybe because we are already subscribed

it not working for you either?It didnt say anything about the competition not being open to existing PS+ members. Has anyone + member here got one and it worked from them?

it not working for you either?It didnt say anything about the competition not being open to existing PS+ members. Has anyone + member here got one and it worked from them?
    If you think about it it would be cheating. The system could be abused if we can add 30 day trial to our existing subscription.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    If you think about it it would be cheating. The system could be abused if we can add 30 day trial to our existing subscription.

"UK Only, trial only. Not valid for existing PS+ subscribers. Will activate a paid subscription unless cancelled before the trial period expires."

Found that in the terms + conditions. Ah well sure!! have it for another year anyway!:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

"UK Only, trial only. Not valid for existing PS+ subscribers. Will activate a paid subscription unless cancelled before the trial period expires."

Found that in the terms + conditions. Ah well sure!! have it for another year anyway!:)

You could use it to open a UK account, you can never have too many accounts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I myself have about 5... Wish I had 5 facebook accounts to get more codes :P

Got my code also!.....does it expire?
    I'll try it on my US account, see if it works. Baring that i'll setup a UK account.

Isin;t it TERRIBLE! how much more content the US have?....you can buy/rent tv shows and movies!, loads more apps and streaming services. Even the UK has more!....Ireland is really getting screwed with content!

Isin;t it TERRIBLE! how much more content the US have?
    EU PS+ is way better than US PS+, they never got red dead redemption for example.
    ....you can buy/rent tv shows and movies!, loads more apps and streaming services. Even the UK has more!....Ireland is really getting screwed with content!
    No there the ones being screwed, the prices of movies on there is a joke. What streaming services are you talking about? Lovefilm?

Got an email from sony with a code for this wonderbook theme, pm me if you want it, bit childish for me.

WB_PS3_Theme_100_eu.jpg

edit: Code gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I was thinking of getting ps plus for the older games that I have missed. However I have 3 bb and well it's ****e, the best I have gotten is around 3mb down and it's a good day on off peak times that I get that.

Can anyone give me any idea on what size the game files are, obviously there is going to be a lot of variation, but just a general idea would be great. I have looked into getting a better connection but as a student I just can't afford it. Thanks.

Merged
    meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting ps plus for the older games that I have missed. However I have 3 bb and well it's ****e, the best I have gotten is around 3mb down and it's a good day on off peak times that I get that.

Can anyone give me any idea on what size the game files are, obviously there is going to be a lot of variation, but just a general idea would be great. I have looked into getting a better connection but as a student I just can't afford it. Thanks.

You need to be more specific with your "older" games.
    Tetris is 73.9MB, FFVI is 134.1MB and FFIX is 1.5GB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Your download allowance is more important, any dedicated connection can just be left on and will be able to download the games fine (within reason).

Like above, they vary by a large amount and then you have Sony games that tend to be huge (all that uncompress audio no doubt).

F1ngers wrote: »
    Merged

You need to be more specific with your "older" games.
    Tetris is 73.9MB, FFVI is 134.1MB and FFIX is 1.5GB.

I was thinking more along the lines of Borderlands, I would mostly be talking about current gen games. Unlimited allowance but my data connection is via my iPhones hotspot feature so it's not at home all the time, only in the evenings and some weekends.

I was thinking more along the lines of Borderlands, I would mostly be talking about current gen games. Unlimited allowance but my data connection is via my iPhones hotspot feature so it's not at home all the time, only in the evenings and some weekends.

Borderlands is 3.3GB.
    Some are around 10GB or so.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Borderlands is 3.3GB.
    Some are around 10GB or so.

Thanks for that,now just have a figure out how to gets the 30 day trial and see how it works. Signed up on fb and never got an email with the code, have no idea who to contact now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Just wait, Took a day or two for me.

Thanks for that,now just have a figure out how to gets the 30 day trial and see how it works. Signed up on fb and never got an email with the code, have no idea who to contact now.

It is quite probable that any free stuff you download during your 30 day trial(assuming you get it), you will not be able to access it when the 30 days are up.

If you don't get a code I can give you mine. I haven't used it yet. don't need it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Just wondernig I have an Irish account and an American account. Thinking of signing up to PSN but wondering would I be better off just getting the Irish or getting the American. Does one come with more benefits or cheaper or what? Just looking for any opinions really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

If you purchase most of your stuff in ireland [or europe], stick with the Irish store.
    However, for demo's and free stuff, just sign up for both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Just wondernig I have an Irish account and an American account. Thinking of signing up to PSN but wondering would I be better off just getting the Irish or getting the American. Does one come with more benefits or cheaper or what? Just looking for any opinions really.

Do you mean you have Irish and American PSN accounts and you want to sign up for PS+?
    Well we have more free games than America, if that's an incentive for you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement