Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Do you mean you have Irish and American PSN accounts and you want to sign up for PS+?
    Well we have more free games than America, if that's an incentive for you

Oops yeah that is what I meant. I am wondering which one would be better to sign up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

US is getting this.

Can you recognize the voice?
    Q, John de Lancie

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Varik wrote: »

US is getting this.

Can you recognize the voice?
    Q, John de Lancie

Hahah sweet that makes it soo much better that Q is doing the voice over. Very appropriate for a puzzle game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pretty good bunch of games for Vita. Who knew it had that many?

I keed I keed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Already own 3 of those 4 :(

US gets Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Jet Set Radio, Wipeout 2048, Mutant Blob Attacks and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Much better offering than I was expecting to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Is borderlands gone from PS plus? Just on the first day of my trial and that was one of my bigger reasons for getting it as I wanted to try It out. Downloading little big planet 2 now so we'll see how that goes, will have to leave it overnight, pause the download and then start it up again when I am home because I know I would get it all done tonight, wish I had a better connection :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Is borderlands gone from PS plus? Just on the first day of my trial and that was one of my bigger reasons for getting it as I wanted to try It out. Downloading little big planet 2 now so we'll see how that goes, will have to leave it overnight, pause the download and then start it up again when I am home because I know I would get it all done tonight, wish I had a better connection :mad:

Try just doing a general search for borderlands. Comes up as free for me still. Great game.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Already own 3 of those 4 :(

US gets Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Jet Set Radio, Wipeout 2048, Mutant Blob Attacks and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Much better offering than I was expecting to be honest

Kinda piss about them getting more, at least with the PS3 we have 10 compared to 12 but the 10 games change out faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

HMV still have the €10.99 90 day subs in stock in Henry street in Dublin if anyone wants to give this a go at a knock down price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

HMV still have the €10.99 90 day subs in stock in Henry street in Dublin if anyone wants to give this a go at a knock down price.

Good offer since its €15 from Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

meoklmrk91 wrote: »

AFAIK it's gone since last Wednesday (the 7th of November).

Cienciano wrote: »
    Try just doing a general search for borderlands. Comes up as free for me still. Great game.

Probably still coming up as free for you because you "purchased" it when it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

sin0city wrote: »
    Probably still coming up as free for you because you "purchased" it when it was free.
    Ah right. Makes sense, couldn't be free forever.

Going to say this in both the Vita thread and here, just to make sure.

If you're a Plus user then even if you don't have a vita you can still add/buy content from the PS3 store for the Vita, when plus adds games or any other content for the vita starting on 19th of November and each following month ADD IT.

Even if you don't have a vita yet those games will still be there if/when you do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,730 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Just topped out my PS+ and went to download Resi 5 but it keeps telling me an error has occurred. Anyone else had this problem?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Varik wrote: »
    Going to say this in both the Vita thread and here, just to make sure.

If you're a Plus user then even if you don't have a vita you can still add/buy content from the PS3 store for the Vita, when plus adds games or any other content for the vita starting on 19th of November and each following month ADD IT.

Even if you don't have a vita yet those games will still be there if/when you do.

Good idea Dread, Never owned a PSP but can see myself getting a vita at some stage. PS Vita deal on top of PS+ for the year really shows the quality PSN gives over €box!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Quick question.

My Plus ran out last month but living in Australia at the moment with a Vita and looking to top it up but can't seem to use an overseas credit card and the new PayPal option checks your billing address too :(

Any easier option than getting a mate to buy a PSN card and sending me the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The PS Vita's new firmware [2.00] is available now. This is the one that introduces all of the PS+ features, as well as adding an e-mail client and better browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Quick question.

My Plus ran out last month but living in Australia at the moment with a Vita and looking to top it up but can't seem to use an overseas credit card and the new PayPal option checks your billing address too :(

Any easier option than getting a mate to buy a PSN card and sending me the code?

Buy your PSN cards on eBay and the seller will email you the codes. My PSN account is British and that's what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

PS+ subscribers can get a years pass to Music Unlimited for €11.99. Non-Ps+ apparently now get it half price which I think is €60. Still not sure if its worth it as I wasn't that impressed with it as a service anyway & Spotify is now here on everything from your internet enabled PC to your internet enabled toaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

PS+ subscribers can get a years pass to Music Unlimited for €11.99. Non-Ps+ apparently now get it half price which I think is €60. Still not sure if its worth it as I wasn't that impressed with it as a service anyway & Spotify is now here on everything from your internet enabled PC to your internet enabled toaster.

Has this been confirmed for Europe I saw it on Engadget but only for us

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

kristok 2 wrote: »
    Has this been confirmed for Europe I saw it on Engadget but only for us

Its on PSN and the Vita PSN right now, Irish subscription of PS+. Not a fan of this sort of thing and a bit annoyed it only streams to 1 device at a time but its almost impulse buy at that price as I'm on a 15gb data plan on my iphone so....feck it i'm getting it :)

Its on PSN and the Vita PSN right now, Irish subscription of PS+. Not a fan of this sort of thing and a bit annoyed it only streams to 1 device at a time but its almost impulse buy at that price as I'm on a 15gb data plan on my iphone so....feck it i'm getting it :)

Sorry I renewed my iTunes Match now, this is much better. Playstation plus just keeps getting better and better I'm tempted to get a vita now shame xbox dosnt provide a similar service.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

kristok 2 wrote: »
    Sorry I renewed my iTunes Match now, this is much better. Playstation plus just keeps getting better and better I'm tempted to get a vita now shame xbox dosnt provide a similar service.

At the rate PS+ is going, i think Xbox will have to do something about it.

Time to start downloading Vita games, in the hope i might one day get one again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Buy your PSN cards on eBay and the seller will email you the codes. My PSN account is British and that's what I do.

Or use gamesnash.ie an Irish online shop that's represented on boards. They also email codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Wing126 wrote: »

Or use gamesnash.ie an Irish online shop that's represented on boards. They also email codes.
    Cant recommend this enough. Their customer service is legendary and theyre great helpful people

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I posted on the previous page HMV have the 90 day sub for €10.99, get someone over here you know to pick one up and send you the code in an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

At the rate PS+ is going, i think Xbox will have to do something about it.

Time to start downloading Vita games, in the hope i might one day get one again.

Same as man. I'm going to download every Vita game going, and maybe in a year or 2, when the price has gone down a bit/they've released a hardware revision, and I've built up a decent library of games, I'll treat myself to one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is anyone else getting woeful download speeds? I mean even worse than usual.

I'm downloading crysis 2 and it got to about 24% in the 12 hours I was out of the house yesterday. I know it's 7gigs but I've got a 7meg connection so it should be a bit faster than that. Just Cause 2 downloaded much faster.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting woeful download speeds? I mean even worse than usual.

I'm downloading crysis 2 and it got to about 24% in the 12 hours I was out of the house yesterday. I know it's 7gigs but I've got a 7meg connection so it should be a bit faster than that. Just Cause 2 downloaded much faster.

Are you using wireless or wired connection that sounds like wifi speed on the ps3 which is really rubbish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement