Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Wireless but I've always used wireless and it's never been this slow. It's at 50% now (was off from about 8pm to 8am).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

As it's wireless and you are recently experiencing issues, see if new wifi points sprung up around you? Is yer PS3 or Wifi AP sitting near a party wall? Maybe your neighbour now has a Microwave oven just there, at that point or close. That will have huge implications to WIFI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I recently picked up these and they worked perfectly. They plug into your home's wall sockets and use them to move the signal around the house. My router was well away from my PS3 but this sorted the issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Otacon wrote: »
    I recently picked up these and they worked perfectly. They plug into your home's wall sockets and use them to move the signal around the house. My router was well away from my PS3 but this sorted the issue for me.

Couldn't recommend these more. Fantastic inventions!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Chronovolt is like a bad Kula World and that came out 14 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

ShaneU wrote: »
    Chronovolt is like a bad Kula World and that came out 14 years ago.

Try 28 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Otacon wrote: »

That game drove me mad as a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was stuck ( out with Vita not near PS3) and used phone teathering to just add (not download) the vita games so i would not forget later, cost me €8 as it didn't take it out of my data allowance.

Done with Vodafone, ordered the free Tesco sim from their online store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I just entered a playstation competition on fb and they said they would mail me a 30 free ps plus pass code to redeem. Has anyone done this? Still waiting for the code. Also, is it only 3 months or 12 months that you can subscribe fore normally or could I pay for 1?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I just entered a playstation competition on fb and they said they would mail me a 30 free ps plus pass code to redeem. Has anyone done this? Still waiting for the code. Also, is it only 3 months or 12 months that you can subscribe fore normally or could I pay for 1?

3 or 12 ( sometimes they have 15 for the same price).

I think that Facebook trial is UK only, the code may not work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

If it was with Playstation Access on facebook then it'll work fine, cause I did it at the beginning of November and my code worked. You'll be waiting two or three days for it anyway!

Can't remember if it was Playstation access. It was official anyway, that's all I know. When the free 30 days is up and I subscribe in a month, will all my games still be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Make sure to add them to your download list and they'll still be there yeah.

Grand. I was going to pay for 3 months but then I came across this 30 day free trial so I figured I might as well use that first. Hopefully my 4GB card can withstand the pain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Varik wrote: »
    3 or 12 ( sometimes they have 15 for the same price).

I think that Facebook trial is UK only, the code may not work.

I tried my code on my US account, failed :(

Has anyone had an error code when updating the Playstation Store to version 1.01?....also anyone notice any fifferences?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So we're meant to be getting a AAA game next month? When do you think they'll tell us?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So we're meant to be getting a AAA game next month? When do you think they'll tell us?

I think it`s AC 2 and Brotherhood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

I think it`s AC 2 and Brotherhood

I think god of war 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Complete mass effect 2, or mafia 2 please

• Advertisement

Ok, Sony just sent me the 30 day free PS Plus trial. I redeemed the code but in order to start the trial, I had to enter my visa card details first. SO now my card is linked to my account. After the 30 days are up will Sony automatically charge me for the remaining 60 days of the PS Plus? I ask because I'm pretty sure the 30 free days I was given was taken off a 90 day subscription. I don't want them automatically charging without my permission though.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Ok, Sony just sent me the 30 day free PS Plus trial. I redeemed the code but in order to start the trial, I had to enter my visa card details first. SO now my card is linked to my account. After the 30 days are up will Sony automatically charge me for the remaining 60 days of the PS Plus? I ask because I'm pretty sure the 30 free days I was given was taken off a 90 day subscription. I don't want them automatically charging without my permission though.

Then set the Auto subscription off

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Now that I thought about it, Since Far Cry 3 is coming out. Id say Far Cry 2 will be on psn+.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Anyone know what date in December the new plus games lists are due.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Now that I thought about it, Since Far Cry 3 is coming out. Id say Far Cry 2 will be on psn+.

lol...i just bought it in gamestop for 6.99.....and then on the store they had an add-on pack for 4.99....so i bought it.

i'll betya that add-on will be free on PS+ in December.... :rolleyes: :(

Anyone know what date in December the new plus games lists are due.

Its usually the first Wednesday of every month and its updated between 5-6pm. So the 5th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Didn't they already have FarCry 2 on Plus already. Would they bother bringing it back just for FC3? I have a feeling that it would turn more people off FC3 tha n would entice them into buying it.

Didn't they already have FarCry 2 on Plus already. Would they bother bringing it back just for FC3? I have a feeling that it would turn more people off FC3 tha n would entice them into buying it.

It was and I don't think they would add it again as part of the main instant collection as it would piss off amount of people who've been with plus since the start, if it was added then it would likely be addition to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Find it interesting they're saying it's a AAA game. I mean look at the games they've put up so far. Not like none of them are AAA games. Red Dead, Dead Space 2, Infamous 2, LBP 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

jaxdasher wrote: »

I got it for free on PSN a while back.. never played it though, my original copy crashed mid game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement