Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

what size are these downloads? At this rate I have about 30 gigs of PSN stuff downloaded should I be thinking of swapping out my 320gig hdd for something bigger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

pah wrote: »
    should I be thinking of swapping out my 320gig hdd for something bigger :D

Yes => 1TB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'd be fairly certain that code will only work on a UK PSN account.

The Zavvi code?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I reckon it'll be Arkham City.

He shoots, he SCORES!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

RangeR wrote: »

Yes => 1TB

can I back up all my data to an external drive and restore it to the new 1 tb drive so I don't have to re download.??

• Advertisement

can I back up all my data to an external drive and restore it to the new 1 tb drive so I don't have to re download.??

Yes. Game Saves might be independent of that backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Great update but finally reaching the point where I have what they're giving us. Looking forward to Mortal Kombat Vita a lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sin0city wrote: »
    The Zavvi code?

Yes.
    I quoted you by mistake.
    Hogzy wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place to buy PS+ membership?

Currently I can get a years sub for €42 delivered from Zavvi (I have a 10% off code)

I'd be fairly certain that code will be for the UK PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Yes. Game Saves might be independent of that backup.

If you have PS+, that is less of an issue of course.
    Great update but finally reaching the point where I have what they're giving us. Looking forward to Mortal Kombat Vita a lot.

MK Vita is fantastic. Despite a few graphical sacrifices, the game-play is practically untouched from the home console version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

PS+ was a brilliant idea by Sony.

I'd no intention of buying a Vita until last month. Now I'm almost certain I'll pick one up. Damn you, Sony!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Own 2 of the 3 titles for PS3 this month, but Vanquish will be a nice addition. Still think this service is revolutionary, and represents tremendous value!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Jaysus, I badly need an external drive.... way too many great games on the service these days. Playstation Plus is the best thing Sony has ever done. I know they're two completely different things but PS+ puts Xbox Live and Microsoft to shame for value.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Just thinking they should have the icons of the full games you own but not downloaded on the games section of the xmb. It will look nice to see all the games you own regardless if you have it downloaded or not. Maybe in a seperate folder aleast just a quick acess. Replacing that obnoxious singstar icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Yes.
    I quoted you by mistake.

I'd be fairly certain that code will be for the UK PSN.

Sorry, what I mean is I have a 10% off code for stuff bought from Zavvi, Zavvi will post me a PSN card with (what i assume is) a voucher number, see here

Amazon sells the same thing and it says that it only works on UK/EU PSN accounts. I presume that means it will work for us.

Sorry, what I mean is I have a 10% off code for stuff bought from Zavvi, Zavvi will post me a PSN card with (what i assume is) a voucher number, see here

That zavvi one you linked to there has a UK flag on it - UK PSN.

Amazon sells the same thing and it says that it only works on UK/EU PSN accounts. I presume that means it will work for us.

Link me to the amazon one, as the ones I see on amazon also have the UK flag on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭sweetie

Guys can I simply plug a drive into USB port to extend my useable hard drive space?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

That zavvi one you linked to there has a UK flag on it - UK PSN.

Link me to the amazon one, as the ones I see on amazon also have the UK flag on them.

Amazon Link

Read down the page under product description.

Amazon Link

Read down the page under product description.

Your call, but technically the UK is in the EU.
    I think you would be wasting your money by getting one(unless you want a UK account).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

sweetie wrote: »
    Guys can I simply plug a drive into USB port to extend my useable hard drive space?

It'll act as an additional drive which you need to designated to copy files to, it also is not usable for games only audio, video, and images.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭sweetie

Varik wrote: »
    It'll act as an additional drive which you need to designated to copy files to, it also is not usable for games only audio, video, and images.

cheers - so off I go shopping for a 500gb or 1tb internal drive!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And they're up
    PS3: Arkahm City (dec 5th)
    Limbo(dec 5th)
    Vanquish(dec 5th)

Vita: Mortal kombat (Dec 19th)

Both PS3 and Vita: Big Sky infinity (Dec 12th)
    Knytt Underground (Dec 21st)

I did a sex Wee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

The plus games like gravity rush and the upcoming mortal kombat, once u download them are they on the system to use until the subscription ends?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

tonydude wrote: »
    The plus games like gravity rush and the upcoming mortal kombat, once u download them are they on the system to use until the subscription ends?
    Yep anything you add to your download list stays there and is playable aslong as you are on psn+ subscription.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

sweetie wrote: »
    cheers - so off I go shopping for a 500gb or 1tb internal drive!?

look at prices, the WD Blue 500gb is a great drive and proven to work.

http://www.memoryc.com/storage/internalharddrives.html#Form_Factor=Notebook+HDD&page=0

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Delighted with the new games being added, ill only echo what's been said before here but PS+ is tremendously good value and really do put microsoft to shame. They've convinced me to buy a vita soon and that's something as iv'e never wanted or liked handheld consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Klair88 wrote: »
    Delighted with the new games being added, ill only echo what's been said before here but PS+ is tremendously good value and really do put microsoft to shame. They've convinced me to buy a vita soon and that's something as iv'e never wanted or liked handheld consoles.

You won't believe how stunning Gravity Rush looks.

yeah just search the store for cubix only 160m download I think

Tried this last night. Cubix <> CubixHD. Cubix on the store is a Mini title, that I already received from PS+.

I cannot see any CubixHD Trial on the store at all. Can anyone else see it?

The CubixHD we received for free says it's the Trial and Unlock. However, it's only 6KB and really does nothing. There is no trial.

Tried this last night. Cubix <> CubixHD. Cubix on the store is a Mini title, that I already received from PS+.

I cannot see any CubixHD Trial on the store at all. Can anyone else see it?

The CubixHD we received for free says it's the Trial and Unlock. However, it's only 6KB and really does nothing. There is no trial.

There is was a 164MB CubixHD, I have it in my d/l list(along with a 6kb unlock code).

However, I just looked in the store and the two CubixHD icons that I can find are both 6kb unlock codes - even though one of them claims to be 164MB in size(just search "cub" in main store(not PS+ part)).

Also, just tried it there and all modes are locked except arcade mode, even though I d/l'ed the unlock code.
    I deleted and re-d/l'ed, still the same.
    Anyone one know if I have to beat arcade mode to unlock the rest of the modes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

There is was a 164MB CubixHD, I have it in my d/l list(along with a 6kb unlock code).

However, I just looked in the store and the two CubixHD icons that I can find are both 6kb unlock codes - even though one of them claims to be 164MB in size(just search "cub" in main store(not PS+ part)).

Also, just tried it there and all modes are locked except arcade mode, even though I d/l'ed the unlock code.
    I deleted and re-d/l'ed, still the same.
    Anyone one know if I have to beat arcade mode to unlock the rest of the modes?

By playing through arcade mode you unlock the levels you complete to play in other modes. There's 5 levels to each stage and you've 3 lives to get through each stage. We can't get through arcade mode though, keep getting too greedy with the cuttin in the later levels :)

• Advertisement

sin0city wrote: »
    By playing through arcade mode you unlock the levels you complete to play in other modes. There's 5 levels to each stage and you've 3 lives to get through each stage. We can't get through arcade mode though, keep getting too greedy with the cuttin in the later levels :)

Thought as much. Couldn't get through arcade mode either.

@RangeR - Delete your CubixHD game from your PS3(if you have it). In main store search "cub", CubixHD will be second title down and 164MB in size, d/l that and then d/l the unlock one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement