Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

F1ngers wrote: »
    Thought as much. Couldn't get through arcade mode either.

@RangeR - Delete your CubixHD game from your PS3(if you have it). In main store search "cub", CubixHD will be second title down and 164MB in size, d/l that and then d/l the unlock one.

I'll try all again. I only have the unlock code on my PS3 though. Search for "Cub" doesn't bring up much for me :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

RangeR wrote: »
    I'll try all again. I only have the unlock code on my PS3 though. Search for "Cub" doesn't bring up much for me :(

Leave out the "". Search for cub.

Going to be grabbing a PS+ subscription over the weekend as I've been considering buying both Gravity Rush and Mortal Kombat since they were released. Really can't go wrong for the cost of the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

http://tinyurl.com/btrvazv

anyone know if I can take the hdd out of this and use in ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

pah wrote: »

Should work, as far as I can see its a 2.5" form factor which is what is needed by the ps3

• Advertisement

EJ22 wrote: »

Should work, as far as I can see its a 2.5" form factor which is what is needed by the ps3

I agree that it should work. Can I get it out safely without damaging it is my main concern though.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

You won't believe how stunning Gravity Rush looks.

Really looking forward to playing this. Heard nothing but good reviews. Have resigned myself to buying a Vita now. Hoping to get one before christmas.

Anyone know of the best place to purchase one is? €230 in Gamestop for the Wi-Fi one with LBP and a 4G card. Have a 3DS to trade in, they offered me €70 store credit for it, which would make the Vita €150. Is there places selling it cheaper? HMV accepts trade-in's too so i might give there a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Klair88 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to playing this. Heard nothing but good reviews. Have resigned myself to buying a Vita now. Hoping to get one before christmas.

Anyone know of the best place to purchase one is? €230 in Gamestop for the Wi-Fi one with LBP and a 4G card. Have a 3DS to trade in, they offered me €70 store credit for it, which would make the Vita €150. Is there places selling it cheaper? HMV accepts trade-in's too so i might give there a try.

Xtra vision have the wifi model + little big plant + fifa 13 + 4 GB card and protective cover for €250

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Day 1 deal. 3 month psn subscription is now 10.00€. Perfect timing cos my subscription runs out next Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Klair88 wrote: »

I would sell the 3DS on Adverts and you will get a lot more than €70 for it, and then get the xtravision deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Day 1 deal. 3 month psn subscription is now 10.00€. Perfect timing cos my subscription runs out next Wednesday.

Where?

Hogzy wrote: »

Where?

PS store

PS store

Can i buy this online or does it have to be through a ps3, Im not home until Monday and would love to get this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Can i buy this online or does it have to be through a ps3, Im not home until Monday and would love to get this

It's available til the 7th. Plenty of time to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Hey guys, is it possible to stack 3 month PS+ subscriptions? So if I order say 4 x 3 month subscriptions paying €40 on PSN I would be able to get about 12 months subscription by activating them when each of the individual three months subscriptions has finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Beekay wrote: »
    Hey guys, is it possible to stack 3 month PS+ subscriptions? So if I order say 4 x 3 month subscriptions paying €40 on PSN I would be able to get about 12 months subscription by activating them when each of the individual three months subscriptions has finished?

It would appear they are stackable, lots of discussion about this here:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playstation-plus-membership-3-months-for-7-99-psn-store-1385691?page=5#comments

Through the PS store, i think its a store only discount for a limited time.

Darwin wrote: »

It *is* stackable....i had a 12 month sub that ended Oct. 2013.....i jusr bought the 3 month 9.99 discount....now its January 2014 :D

I've done this a few times and the subs all add up together.

Beekay wrote: »

LOL!....great idea! ;)

The 12 month sub is still 50 Euro, so stacking 4 x 3 monthers = 40 Euro saving you 10 quid!! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've just added an extra 90 days onto my PS+ membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Just got the 90 days stacked on my account too! :D Great idea. Bought R&C= Q-force too so if anyone is playing it let me know!! Buying the Vita tomorrow. Hopefully.

pah wrote: »

didn't work. took it apart and the drive had some kind of proprietary circuit board attaching it to a usb 3.0 port.

Ah well 1tb storage for 50 squids ain't bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Would get some more time added to my account but I've got 2 years as it is from the last discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Varik wrote: »
    Would get some more time added to my account but I've got 2 years as it is from the last discount.
    Just wishful thinking but in a few years when psn or psn+ service closes. Hope we get to keep the games for good.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Just wishful thinking but in a few years when psn or psn+ service closes. Hope we get to keep the games for good.

PS+ probably wont close, Id say it will last forever and carry on from console to console.

PS+ probably wont close, Id say it will last forever and carry on from console to console.

Yup....Sony cant just abandon 80 million customers...there'd be war! :mad:
    Either a firmware update to the new PS4 store or one for the new console and one for the old.
    but this news is rather concerning....http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/22/us-sony-panasonic-ratings-idUSBRE8AL07B20121122

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I reckon the only way PSN/PS+ will end is if Sony stop they're console line.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭sweetie

Forever, forever, ever, forever, ever? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ever ever? ever ever?

I suppose what would be interesting to see is if we can download the games to the PS4 or do we have to keep our PS3?

So latest 12 Deals is Battlefield 3 for €39.99 with an extra 10% off for Plus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement