Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

That was always going to happen though. If you read Fitch's reasons, they basically say that the company needs a massive restructuring, but that is what Sony have been talking about for the last few month's anyway, with Kaz Hirai's 'One Sony' plan.
    Wing126 wrote: »
    I reckon the only way PSN/PS+ will end is if Sony stop they're console line.

Which won't happen as it's one of the few departments in Sony that is profitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I would sell the 3DS on Adverts and you will get a lot more than €70 for it, and then get the xtravision deal.

Sold it on adverts and got €100. Bought the Vita deal on the Mega-Monday sale online at gamestop. Got Need for speed, 4G card and Vita for €189.99!

Good Dale!

Bought a €20 starter kit with it and its still cheaper than the extra-vision one!

Sale finishes tonight at 8 p.m. They also have the Vita Black ops 2 bundle with 4G card for €199.99! Add me if you play any vita stuff, or PS3 even!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Otacon wrote: »
    That was always going to happen though. If you read Fitch's reasons, they basically say that the company needs a massive restructuring, but that is what Sony have been talking about for the last few month's anyway, with Kaz Hirai's 'One Sony' plan.

And the way I see it, this is the main reason they are discounting PS+ AND Music Unlimited. They are offering huge discounts, in my opinion, in the hopes that a huge amount of users sign up.

This gives them instant cash flow to stave off bad debt in the short term. They may lose long term, but it gives them a breathing space that they may need to get out of a hole.

As every business knows. You don't always have to turn a profit. You just have to stay in business and hope things turn around - keep cash coming in, even at a cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Of course when I move to Canada, being in Ireland is better for something!

Anyway I'm on Playstation plus over here, was traveling for a year so missed out on a few games so signed up when I read Arkham City for Dec but that turned out to be a NZ site.

Anyway anyone know what the North America are getting. Dl'ing off the store is slow over here as well and I'm on a 3mb a sec when dling usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

RasTa wrote: »
    Of course when I move to Canada, being in Ireland is better for something!

Anyway I'm on Playstation plus over here, was traveling for a year so missed out on a few games so signed up when I read Arkham City for Dec but that tunred out to be a NZ site.

Anyway anyone know what the North America are getting. Dl'ing off the store is slow over here as well and I'm on a 3mb a sec when dling usually.

Bioshock 2

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/03/playstation-plus-update-return-to-rapture-free-in-bioshock-2/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Super Stardust Portable the PSP version is free on plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Super Stardust Portable the PSP version is free on plus.

Was it not free a while ago?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

store updated yet......?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The biggest concern I have with subscription services is future proofing. Sony's console division may be OK at the moment (well, as part of a junk parent company) but remember the fall of Sega? Swift and complete. Given many of our game libraries are now online (imagine the collapse of Steam :eek:) an unfortunate server shutdown would be even more damaging than the collapse of a competitor in the old Dreamcast days (when your game collection was safe on a shelf).

PSN+ is a great service for now, but who knows how long it will remain viable. Fingers crossed, I guess. Still will probably pick up another 90 days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Varik wrote: »
    Was it not free a while ago?

It ends tomorrow, sorry forgot to add that bit.:o

• Advertisement

The biggest concern I have with subscription services is future proofing. Sony's console division may be OK at the moment (well, as part of a junk parent company) but remember the fall of Sega? Swift and complete. Given many of our game libraries are now online (imagine the collapse of Steam :eek:) an unfortunate server shutdown would be even more damaging than the collapse of a competitor in the old Dreamcast days (when your game collection was safe on a shelf).

PSN+ is a great service for now, but who knows how long it will remain viable. Fingers crossed, I guess. Still will probably pick up another 90 days ;)

always a concern, as such one might be best served just buying 90 day subs in case sony go belly up. but its hard to resist a deal....so if a 12 month sub got knocked to 30 squid....who could resist....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Is the plus deal still there?

I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

tok9 wrote: »
    Is the plus deal still there?

I can't find it.
    The 10 euro deal? Just go buy the 3 months as usual the price is dropped there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Its not as if we are investing thousands of euros. If it does collapse im sure we wont loose more than fifty odd euro. It wouldnt be the end of the world tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Where can I find out the latest on the 12 days of Christmas promo? The EU blog hasn't updated the news article since day 2... we're on day 4 now, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So we should be getting Arkham City tomorrow yeah?

Anyone know if it'll be the GOTY edition or regular with cheaper DLC packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The latter I'd have thought. It's basically on there as a way of getting more sales of the DLC.

Where can I find out the latest on the 12 days of Christmas promo? The EU blog hasn't updated the news article since day 2... we're on day 4 now, right?

It's every 2 days. The 12 Deals of Christmas. So midnight tonight will be the next one

So we should be getting Arkham City tomorrow yeah?

Anyone know if it'll be the GOTY edition or regular with cheaper DLC packs?
    It has to be regular version with discounted dlcs. They don't love us that much. Ha

• Advertisement

Saw a comment on the US Blog where someone complained we were getting Arkham City with the Catwoman DLC, which would be cool since the Catwoman parts tie directly into the man story

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Saw a comment on the US Blog where someone complained we were getting Arkham City with the Catwoman DLC, which would be cool since the Catwoman parts tie directly into the man story

Getting tired of those ****ers complaining all the time, they get everything cheaper and still complain; plus itself cost less there.

And a lot of the time it's more down to the fact that we get monthly updates while they get weekly updates and not to the content.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Catwoman bits were pretty woeful, though: just interrupted the story if anything, and clearly not much time was put into elegantly weaving it into the main narrative. It very much felt like an afterthought, an unnecessary piece of DLC. If it's not included, you ain't missing much. Still, it was free, but even then I felt it's impact on the gameflow was nearly entirely negative despite it being nice to have the opportunity to control Catwoman for a change.

The Catwoman bits were pretty woeful, though: just interrupted the story if anything, and clearly not much time was put into elegantly weaving it into the main narrative. It very much felt like an afterthought, an unnecessary piece of DLC. If it's not included, you ain't missing much. Still, it was free, but even then I felt it's impact on the gameflow was nearly entirely negative despite it being nice to have the opportunity to control Catwoman for a change.

The Poison Ivy parts answered some question, you'd see all the plants near her place and would never know what's going on without Catwoman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Great I got plus and I'm already happy with it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I just got a 30 day trial last week. When will the Vita games list switch over? I don't have enough space on my card for Chronovolt but I really want to try it. Is there a good bit of time left?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I just got a 30 day trial last week. When will the Vita games list switch over? I don't have enough space on my card for Chronovolt but I really want to try it. Is there a good bit of time left?

Aslong as you have chronovolt on your download list, you can download it even if they remove it from the Psn+ page. Also that you have an active subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

jaxdasher wrote: »

Aslong as you have chronovolt on your download list, you can download it even if they remove it from the Psn+ page. Also that you have an active subscription.
    Not when the 30 day trial expires

jaxdasher wrote: »
    RangeR wrote: »
    Not when the 30 day trial expires

It'll work again when you resub even if it's been let expire.

• Advertisement

Deal 3 is Tokyo Jungle for €5.84

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement