Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So i bought music unlimited with part of my 50 euro voucher, it cost me 11.99 so i have to ask.

Whats the catch? I now have all this music on my Vita and PS3, if i'm connected to the internet i have full access to the library, if not i can make playlists to play offline.

The catalogue is huge! There isn't much i haven't been able to find. It has everything from Beyonce to Pink floyd, Olly Murs to Faith no more. If i type in a band name or artist it gives me every single LP EP and collaboration they have made and recomendations for other bands i may like.

I'm blown away, whats the catch? Apparently all i have to do is turn the thing on once a month to keep my sub for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

The catch is that it's a subscription service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

weiland79 wrote: »
    So i bought music unlimited with part of my 50 euro voucher, it cost me 11.99 so i have to ask.

Whats the catch? I now have all this music on my Vita and PS3, if i'm connected to the internet i have full access to the library, if not i can make playlists to play offline.

The catalogue is huge! There isn't much i haven't been able to find. It has everything from Beyonce to Pink floyd, Olly Murs to Faith no more. If i type in a band name or artist it gives me every single LP EP and collaboration they have made and recomendations for other bands i may like.

I'm blown away, whats the catch? Apparently all i have to do is turn the thing on once a month to keep my sub for life.

It's €180~ a year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

weiland79 wrote: »

Make sure you cancel the subscription before the year is up or you will be billed €180.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have google music so I've no need for it.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Make sure you cancel the subscription before the year is up or you will be billed €180.

Pretty sure the PSN says it's not auto renewing.

So the 11.99 i paid is for 1 month?

Gutted.com, should have read that more carefully:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

If you bought it before new years then it was for a year.
    Sony were doing a special for PS Plus members where the subscription for music unlimted was 11.99 for a year as long as you bought before december 31st.
    Edit: Go to account management, then transaction management then services list, it will tell you there when your subscription for it ends.

Well in that case, I'm delighted again can't really complain at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone know dates when MK and Bioshock 2 will be available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone know dates when MK and Bioshock 2 will be available?

MK is showing up on the site now. No sign of Bioshock 2 yet.

Edit: Bioshock 2 seems to be there too.

adox wrote: »
    MK is showing up on the site now. No sign of Bioshock 2 yet.

Edit: Bioshock 2 seems to be there too.

Yaaaaa!! Thanks for confirming man

The 10gb download for MK went quick enough but it is taking absolutely ages to install. About 10 minutes now and on 8%. I can't cancel and it says turn off the system. I'm going to have to turn it off though if it doesn't pick up. Hope it won't break it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The 10gb download for MK went quick enough but it is taking absolutely ages to install. About 10 minutes now and on 8%. I can't cancel and it says turn off the system. I'm going to have to turn it off though if it doesn't pick up. Hope it won't break it :confused:

My MK download failed on install. Having to restart but downloading bioshock 1st just in case something is amiss with MK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Blue toad murder files also free atm, think its a kids game but the price is good :-)
    Also no problems downloading mk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

wilser wrote: »
    Blue toad murder files also free atm, think its a kids game but the price is good :-)
    Also no problems downloading mk
    Could only find one episode for free. Shame, it was the only ps3 game my mam was ever interested in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Didn't realise Guardians of middle earth was online only. Or at least it seems that way.

Still seems decent enough to waste a few hours once you get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Will be playing Guardians of Middle Earth a good bit so if anyone wants to play, add me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Klair88 wrote: »
    Will be playing Guardians of Middle Earth a good bit so if anyone wants to play, add me!

Was. Playing it earlie, can't seem to make any sense of it.. for anybody that has played it.. is it any good ?

• Advertisement

Have to say, as a newcomer to Playstation Plus I am loving it so far.
    Ive had a PS3 since pretty much launch day but the last couple of years have used it solely for Blu-Ray and later Netflix. Ive been totally out of the loop with regards to games.

I`ve only downloaded Batman Arkham City so far but am loving it. I have a lot more qued but am waiting for a new hard drive to arrive before I download anything else. I only have a 40GB HDD and have ordered a 1TB from Amazon which was dispatched today, so shall be installing that when it arrives next week and then the down loading will begin.

Also toying with the idea of investing in the Sony Pulse headset.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I picked up the 12 gig at christmas and signed up to Plus lol (10.99 for 90 days in HMV) but all the games bar Limbo are too big to install :(
    1 tb drive in the post :)

I picked up the 12 gig at christmas and signed up to Plus lol (10.99 for 90 days in HMV) but all the games bar Limbo are too big to install :(
    1 tb drive in the post :)

1TB drive in the post along with a mounting bracket?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Varik wrote: »
    1TB drive in the post along with a mounting bracket?

No real need for the mounting bracket if he only got it at Christmas and has PS+.

Just put the saves in the cloud, install the new HDD, recover the PSN ID and all will be fine.

No real need for the mounting bracket if he only got it at Christmas and has PS+.

Just put the saves in the cloud, install the new HDD, recover the PSN ID and all will be fine.

That seems like you think it's some sort of transfer device.

The mounting bracket goes on the HDD and then both go into the PS3 ( only the 12GB doesn't come with one). You can't put a HDD in a super slim 12GB properly without one, a SDD might be all right but a vibrating HDD will not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Varik wrote: »
    That seems like you think it's some sort of transfer device.

The mounting bracket goes on the HDD and then both go into the PS3 ( only the 12GB doesn't come with one). You can't put a HDD in a super slim 12GB properly without one, a SDD might be all right but a vibrating HDD will not.

Done the upgrade myself, 1TB for 70 euros, really really easy!
    Smyths 10 euro bracket

Also the drive cant be more than 9.5mm thick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Just joined and found out I missed out on :(

2nd January – Arkham City
    2nd January – Bulletstorm
    2nd January – RE5

2nd January – RE5
    Ye missed much more than that. However, welcome to the party.

2nd January – RE5

Yeah I only joined the day before those three were pulled. Luckily someone on this thread gave me a heads up. Downloaded Arkham City and have the other two qued. I'm waiting on a 1 TB drive from Amazon before downloading anymore( have a 40GB phat ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

2nd January – RE5

Ouch! but sure there will be lots of goodies in the future for you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement