Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Varik wrote: »
    And if you’re not yet a Plus subscriber, despair. The demo will be made available to all the riffraff users in next week’s Store publish on Wednesday, 21st July.

You mean we have to wait 2 days, wheres my credit card i must have playstation plus :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

thorbarry wrote: »
    You mean we have to wait 2 days, wheres my credit card i must have playstation plus :P

LOL

I do hope it is better than the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    LOL

I do hope it is better than the first game.

probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Wouldnt be hard.

Regardless of the demo for a bad game, i do like the auto download it. it's like sky anytime i wouldn't bother trying this if i had to set it up myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just a bit confused about the auto updates.
    Do i not have to do anything at all in settings or anything like that.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Just a bit confused about the auto updates.
    Do i not have to do anything at all in settings or anything like that.

You need to Turn it on then set the time to check for updates.
    the time will be a 2 hour block where the p3 turns on and has a look for anything new, not sure if it will work while the PS3 is already on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It's a pretty cool feature in fairness. I've mine set to check between 4am - 6am.

Batesy wrote: »
    It's a pretty cool feature in fairness. I've mine set to check between 4am - 6am.

6am - 8am, got the modnation and heavy rain demos downloaded with it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Regardless of the demo for a bad game, i do like the auto download it. it's like sky anytime i wouldn't bother trying this if i had to set it up myself.

Sony could get George Hook to advertise it, '' confident in the knowledge that my demo's will be auto downloaded''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

One bad thing I personally have, now after buying PS+, is the worry that after I've purchased a PSN game it will come "free" for us the next month.

Like this week I baught DeathSpank but part of me was saying hold back till next month.

Maybe they should do a list of upcoming PS+ content so we know what we're getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 GavinEire

Sony want to know what games we want, the general opinion is that fewer old games would be good so every ones get something and the people that have a lot of content already don't get screwed.

Say what you want at Eu blog

I just got Fat princess yesterday so i hope that won't be on it or at least some kind of bonus if you already have it.[/QUOTE]

I got Fat Princess on offer @ Christmas(Alot og games are on offer at that time) for only 10 Euro,and yes I already bought most of the stuff that came free with PS PLus which sucks.

GavinEire wrote: »
    I got Fat Princess on offer @ Christmas(Alot og games are on offer at that time) for only 10 Euro,and yes I already bought most of the stuff that came free with PS PLus which sucks.

It still was €10 now as well, i got it because it has 4 player co-op and the DLC was cheaper with PSN+.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 BrianStorm

I've never bought something and felt ive literally got nothing for my money before. A real waste of money so far, lets hope it improves.

Psn+ here sucks, i was happy at the start but the American stores get a load of stuff every week including a ps1 game extra this week. if i could get my money back and unsubscribe i would.

PlayStation Plus (US)

* Critter Crunch (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
    * Syphon Filter (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
    * Kahoots (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
    * Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, original price $5.99)
    * Super Street Fighter IV PSN Avatar Bundle ($4.99) (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
    - Includes 35 Super Street Fighter IV Avatars

Fill the comments with enough hate and anger and it might help.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/07/28/heads-up-game-store-update-28th-july-2010/#comment-90287

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I signed up for 90 days. Can't see myself doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    One bad thing I personally have, now after buying PS+, is the worry that after I've purchased a PSN game it will come "free" for us the next month.

Like this week I baught DeathSpank but part of me was saying hold back till next month.

Maybe they should do a list of upcoming PS+ content so we know what we're getting?

I'd say your pretty safe with Deathspank, I doubt anyhting on the PSN less than 2 years old will be free or really cheap due to the PS+ anytime soon.

And once again Sony shows how it cant give a standardised amount of content to its different regions as the USA gets more than EU. Sony cant even organise GIVING stuff away well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

The auto update didn't work on one of my machines during the week. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Psn+ here sucks, i was happy at the start but the American stores get a load of stuff every week including a ps1 game extra this week. if i could get my money back and unsubscribe i would.
    Why though? SCEE said that with PSN+ here we would get one PSN game, one PSone game and 2 minis every month, and additional content like premium DLC and dynamic themes and avatars. So when we signed up we knew this was what we were getting, so why would you unsubscribe just because the US got more in the first month? I don't think SCEA gave a statement about exactly how much content they will be releasing every month, I would guess that they're trying to get as many people to sign up in the first month and maybe in following months they'll have less? Because if they continue as they have this month they'll have given away everything that's on the store by the 15th month of PSN+.

It's a bit premature to be making any guesses anyways, we haven't even seen what's coming in month 3.

GothPunk wrote: »
    Why though? SCEE said that with PSN+ here we would get one PSN game, one PSone game and 2 minis every month, and additional content like premium DLC and dynamic themes and avatars. So when we signed up we knew this was what we were getting, so why would you unsubscribe just because the US got more in the first month? I don't think SCEA gave a statement about exactly how much content they will be releasing every month, I would guess that they're trying to get as many people to sign up in the first month and maybe in following months they'll have less? Because if they continue as they have this month they'll have given away everything that's on the store by the 15th month of PSN+.

It's a bit premature to be making any guesses anyways, we haven't even seen what's coming in month 3.

Because the grass is greener on the other side, we pay more as $50=€50 and get a lot less. From a quick look on the official plus section of the site it doesn't mention the numbers only the 200 estimated value a year, the "one PSN game, one PSone game and 2 minis every month" was stated to give a better picture of what we'll get and represented the first month.if you look on the Playstation blog the vast majority are thinking the same, every thing is relative and when the us store gets that much more, the eu isn't as very good value for money. SCEE better change it or few will opt for an extension over the 3 months and no one will get the year again as who knows what you'll get.

• Advertisement

So glad I didn't get this, by the way ?50 is $65 and $50 works out as ?38.50
    EU customers getting robbed if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

TheTosh wrote: »
    So glad I didn't get this, by the way ?50 is $65 and $50 works out as ?38.50
    EU customers getting robbed if you ask me

I actually think that if you sent any games publisher a link to www.xe.com then their heads would explode, Eurozone screwing is endemic at this stage.

Its why I prefer microsofts XBLAPoins, the points value for items remain the same but the actual price fluctuates so we arent screwed constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Im hoping it gets better in the next few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i always taught ps plus was a waste , people from eu blog telling me was a brilliant deal , how ?

if offers discounts, sure wouldnt it be easier just to get what you want rather getting discounts of stuff either you already own or they offer games you dont have ,

ps one games : theres not much ps one games out there that are worth it , only mgs1 i was interested in

i dont know why most of people are suprised on how were getting less , were always treated the worse out of the 3 , look how long it takes us to get games like demons souls , persona 3 doesnt even have a release date for europe yet ,

was always a cheap way on getting money of us , scee are terrible and most of them should get the sacking , being over a year and ireland still has no video store even though uk does , makes no sense to me

September

PSN: Sam and Max: Devil’s Playground (entire season)
    minis: Vector Tower Defense
    Echoes
    PSOne Classic: Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
    Full Game Trial: Warhawk (with exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase)
    Inferno Pool
    Exclusive Discounts: LBP: Ico and Shadow of Colossus costume pack – 50%
    Metal Gear Solid (PSOne) – 50%
    Warhawk – 20%
    Pixel Junk Shooter – 20%
    DLC: Exclusive UFC Undisputed 2010 DLC
    Dynamic themes: Exclusive PlayStation Move theme
    Exclusive ‘Fish Tank’ theme
    Premium avatars: Eye Pet Blue Goalie Avatar
    Eye Pet DJ Avatar

Actually not the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Probably will subscribe in sept due to the Sam and Max deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

August

PSN: Zen Pinball
    minis: Blast-Off, Alien Zombie Death
    PSOne Classic: Medievil
    Full Game Trial: Infamous, Mushroom Wars
    Exclusive Discounts: Zen Pinball Earth Defense Table – 20%
    Warhawk Triple Combo Pack – 50%
    GT Club PS3/PSN – 50%
    WipeOut HD Fury – 20%
    DLC: MotorStorm Pacific Rift: Adrenaline Pack
    Automatic download demo: Pixel Junk Shooter, Mafia 2
    Dynamic themes: Exclusive PlayStation Plus Theme Exclusive ‘Clock’ Theme
    Premium avatars: Heavy Rain characters x 2

Grayditch wrote: »
    September

PSN: Sam and Max: Devil’s Playground (entire season)
    minis: Vector Tower Defense
    Echoes
    PSOne Classic: Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
    Full Game Trial: Warhawk (with exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase)
    Inferno Pool
    Exclusive Discounts: LBP: Ico and Shadow of Colossus costume pack – 50%
    Metal Gear Solid (PSOne) – 50%
    Warhawk – 20%
    Pixel Junk Shooter – 20%
    DLC: Exclusive UFC Undisputed 2010 DLC
    Dynamic themes: Exclusive PlayStation Move theme
    Exclusive ‘Fish Tank’ theme
    Premium avatars: Eye Pet Blue Goalie Avatar
    Eye Pet DJ Avatar

Actually not the worst.

*We’ve listened to your feedback on here so, rest assured, this is not all that will be available each month; look out for some more exclusive, surprise treats coming to Plus in August and September

I'll give them this MGS for a fiver, brilliant deal. Looks like EU backlash worked but we'll see what the surprises they have

Grayditch wrote: »
    September

Exclusive Discounts:
    Warhawk – 20%

how does that work i need to download the free trail and can then pay 50% less or save some time and pay 20% less.

• Advertisement

I didn't quite understand that myself. I already have Warhawk so I hope it brings a few new players as there doesn't seem to be many online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement