Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Varik wrote: »
    That seems like you think it's some sort of transfer device.

The mounting bracket goes on the HDD and then both go into the PS3 ( only the 12GB doesn't come with one). You can't put a HDD in a super slim 12GB properly without one, a SDD might be all right but a vibrating HDD will not.

No didn't think it was a transfer device at all, just forgot that the 12GB model wouldn't have a bracket already in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Just got round to starting Crysis 2 over the weekend. One of the most bad ass intros to a game I've ever seen. If the game is half as good...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Limbo showed up, that or I missed it for the last month ( from when it was meant to be added)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You missed it. I played it before Christmas. :)

Brilliant game too. Dark, excellent sound and animation, difficulty just right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

is there a list of the games going to be released this year on Plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

is there a list of the games going to be released this year on Plus?

Nah, they only announce them on a month by month basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

1TB drive arrived in the post today. Just installed and formatted. Let the downloading begin!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

God of war ascention multiplayer beta added ps+ today. Anyone up for a few games sometime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

EJ22 wrote: »
    God of war ascention multiplayer beta added ps+ today. Anyone up for a few games sometime?

Thanks for that news , going to download it now:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Downloaded Mortal Combat not releasing it was the vita version.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Downloaded Mortal Combat not releasing it was the vita version.:mad:

While that is an annoying mistake, make sure you add all of the PS+ Vita games to your download list even if you don't actually download them. If/when you decide to get a Vita, you will have a game library already built up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Not sure what to make of GOW. Don't think I'd be too interested in the multiplayer side of it anyway but still I said I'd give it a try.

Downloaded last night. Will play maybe this weekend. Of course by then everyone online will be at the top level and I'll die instantly each time. Reason I don't play online.
    Just hope they keep the single at least as long as the other games.

Yeah, same here. I don't have the time and I'm just not up for the grind. That's why I mainly play co-op if I'm online. Uncharted 2, ME3, Portal 2, Rage and some of the plus games like Borderlands, RE5, Ratchet & Clank and Lara Croft all have good co-op multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Going back to a previous PS+ game... did anyone play much of Starhawk? I was a massive Warhawk fan (in my top three games of this generation, I'd say) but haven't got around to moving onto Starhawk yet. Think I'll throw myself into that this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Was announced yesterday (I Think?) that PS+ Users in 'murica are getting Darksiders this week. Wonder if that will be our headline game for February, or perhaps march?

We got Arkham City in Dec while the US got Bioshock 2. Then we got Bio for january so me thinks we'll be getting this game soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Klair88 wrote: »
    Was announced yesterday (I Think?) that PS+ Users in 'murica are getting Darksiders this week. Wonder if that will be our headline game for February, or perhaps march?

We got Arkham City in Dec while the US got Bioshock 2. Then we got Bio for january so me thinks we'll be getting this game soon!
    Darksiders1? We already got that last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

We won't be getting darksiders they get games before we do sometimes but mostly we get them first from what I've seen. Anyway if they started giving us games we had previously people would start getting pissed off and stop renewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Darksiders1? We already got that last year.

Yeah that's the one, It even said that the US had already gotten it at some stage last year too. I can imagine long time PS+ users will have tough words brewing on their lips but for me personally, i'd love to get access to some of the great games that were on offer previously. (i.e Red dead)

Can also see this happening a bit more now as the popularity of PS+ has probably increased phenomenally in the last year and for new users, it would be great to be able to get access to previously offered titles.

I'm not entirely sure that Darksiders is the main PS3 game on offer this month for the US.

It would seem more logical to include previously available titles in the 2nd or 3rd tier of PS3 games that get offered and still retain a new title as the main months collection.

But what do i know! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

You wouldn't be saying that if you had them already and wanted some new games :-)

Honestly can't see them putting back up games that where available for months already.

Personally I think Sony should go by the attitude of "you snooze, you lose" :)
    Repeating games after about 6 months wouldn't be a good idea.

Darksiders was only removed in August. I don't think America got it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Is Borderlands 2 worth the €26.99 on Plus at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Definitely, brilliant game. It's great value, especially for the amount of gaming you get from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Did anyone else get the God of War Beta downloaded as an automatic download/patch/update?

I came home today to find that the automatic download had downloaded the Beta by itself. It was listed underneath a patch.

I hadn't gone near the PS Store in days. Kinda freaking me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Have you played the first one? If you did and liked it I'd say get it because it pretty much the same game.

Personally I'd say there many many better games you could spend your time playing. Looking in a million little boxes for $2 a go and hearing the squeaky bad guys saying the same catch phrases over and over gets old very fast. Also when you have to walk through an area a second time everyone you already killed is back there again.

But that's just my opinion, most people seem to love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Did anyone else get the God of War Beta downloaded as an automatic download/patch/update?

I came home today to find that the automatic download had downloaded the Beta by itself. It was listed underneath a patch.

I hadn't gone near the PS Store in days. Kinda freaking me out.
    Yea happened to me too. It is abit creepy how it sneaks up on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I have a Plus account and I've recently downloaded LittleBigPlanet 2 on the Instant Games Collection section of the PSN Store. (It's currently downloading as I'm writing this thread)

However, I'm going to be using my PS3 elsewhere for a while and I will have no broadband. Will I still be able to play the game? It's just that it said on the description of the game that I can play the game so long as I am subscribed to PSPlus. Am I able to play it without being connected to the internet?

Curious. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Quick way to check would be to disconnect your PS3 after its installed and try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gamercfc wrote: »
    I have a Plus account and I've recently downloaded LittleBigPlanet 2 on the Instant Games Collection section of the PSN Store. (It's currently downloading as I'm writing this thread)

However, I'm going to be using my PS3 elsewhere for a while and I will have no broadband. Will I still be able to play the game? It's just that it said on the description of the game that I can play the game so long as I am subscribed to PSPlus. Am I able to play it without being connected to the internet?

Curious. :)

Remember to launch it after its installed, as it will try and update it as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement