Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, you can play while it's disconnected. I've tried with other games before. It's like they have your PS Plus expiry date hard coded into it so you can use it offline up until that date, if you don't renew.

And as we tell all newcomers to PS Plus, assuming you are new, add all the free games to your download list, whether downloading now or not. That way you will still have access to the games when they're removed from the Instant Game Collection in the store

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Lovely stuff thanks for the quick replies lads. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

lots of updates recently.....ps store 1.02, youtube and vidzone updated....gran turismo 2.10. every day seems like a new patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

So when does the next months goodies usually get announced? I get a feeling that Payday: The Heist is going to be added for some reason ( if it wasn't already )

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah, you can play while it's disconnected. I've tried with other games before. It's like they have your PS Plus expiry date hard coded into it so you can use it offline up until that date, if you don't renew.

And as we tell all newcomers to PS Plus, assuming you are new, add all the free games to your download list, whether downloading now or not. That way you will still have access to the games when they're removed from the Instant Game Collection in the store

My internet was down for a few days last week. I was playing Mortal Kombat when I got a notification saying "This content will expire in 30 minutes", even though my PS+ isn't up until the summer. I had to turn it off before the 30 minutes was up anyway, and I was still able to play the games for the few days after that. Weird though. Must have just been a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Penn wrote: »

My internet was down for a few days last week. I was playing Mortal Kombat when I got a notification saying "This content will expire in 30 minutes", even though my PS+ isn't up until the summer. I had to turn it off before the 30 minutes was up anyway, and I was still able to play the games for the few days after that. Weird though. Must have just been a mistake.
    Happened to me I played Arkham City for a few days when it said it was expired. Turns out I forgot I set psn+ to auto renew.

Strange. I know if you go into the Triangle menu of the game launcher and select Information you can see the expiry date at the bottom so I assumed it just goes by that.

Its almost end of the month. Shouldn't we expect an announcement for next months games soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Its almost end of the month. Shouldn't we expect an announcement for next months games soon?

Ya early next week I reckon judging from the comments on the blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Based on the comments on the PS Blog, they will be announced early next week.

• Advertisement

Speculations anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

everyone@internet.com will get free access to all new releases for 12 months to forever

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

RangeR wrote: »
    everyone@internet.com will get free access to all new releases for 12 months to forever
    Seems legit...

Oh bayonetta is coming to psn at the end of the month. Platinum games MGS Revengance is coming soon so there's my guess. I doubt it but its something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Speculations anyone?

I'm guessing at least one 2 year old game that now can be had for a fiver ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sounds like you downloaded the Trial, but not the full game unlock, so you only have two hours worth of playtime.

Maybe a God of War or 2 ahead of Ascension?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Vice city according to Twatter !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

eddhorse wrote: »
    Vice city according to Twatter !
    Is that not just arriving on PSN?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/24/bayonetta-and-vice-city-hit-psn-next-week/

Has a game launched on PSN and gone straight onto PS+ before?

PSN exclusives have. Can't remember if retail games have

• Advertisement

Sounds like you downloaded the Trial, but not the full game unlock, so you only have two hours worth of playtime.

No. I'd already finished the full story mode before that happened (which took much longer than 2 hours. Hell, Shao Kahn almost took two hours by himself). Plus it hasn't happened since. It was definitely the full game, just must have gotten confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

just must have gotten konfused.

FYP.

February content due to be announced at 1pm.

wonder if they'll have a note if it is Bayonetta saying "There is not now and never shall be a sequel to this game"

wonder if they'll have a note if it is Bayonetta saying "There is not now and never shall be a sequel to this game"

Apart from the Wii-U game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

That's what he was referring to.

Has it been announced or rumour to be, not the sort of game I'd expect what with no Sony console bound sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Even though I already cleared Dead Island, I would love if it was one of the free games out in February (since the sequel is coming out soon) Pity I lost my save file for my NG+.

Anyone else have any predictions?

Varik wrote: »
    That's what he was referring to.

Has it been announced or rumour to be, not the sort of game I'd expect what with no Sony console bound sequel.

Yeah I was saying Sony wouldn't exactly want people to know about Wii U having the sequel.
    I'm kind of ripping off when Sky lost the rights to Friends to E4 and the last episode Sky aired had voiceover guy come on at the end saying "And that was the last ever episode of Friends" in an obviously joking way.

Someone here suggested it previously but I didn't think so but then it became available to purchase on PSN so it's a possibility.

Anyone expect Twisted Metal at some point?

Yeah I was saying Sony wouldn't exactly want people to know about Wii U having the sequel.
    I'm kind of ripping off when Sky lost the rights to Friends to E4 and the last episode Sky aired had voiceover guy come on at the end saying "And that was the last ever episode of Friends" in an obviously joking way.

Someone here suggested it previously but I didn't think so but then it became available to purchase on PSN so it's a possibility.

Anyone expect Twisted Metal at some point?

Ah, apologies. Thought you were complaining about there being no sequel yet, not knowing about the Wii-U one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Do they make the announcements on their twitter feed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Signed up to this yesterday after reading through some of this thread. Seems like a great idea. Started playing Limbo last night.... WHAT A GAME!!! :eek:

It cost me €14.99 for 90 days. Is that the usual price or is it usually more expensive? I know they had some specials over Christmas but do they often discount the yearly price?

Excited to see what games they announce today. I basically haven't played any games over the last year and a half so there should be plenty for me to catch up on over the next few months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement