Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Playstationer.net reporting:

We're hearing that the free game for PS+ this month
    is something special! We'll keep you updated as soon as the info
    drops!
    Roll on the announcement!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Playstationer.net reporting:

Roll on the announcement!

GTAV :eek: :p

By "something special", I'm guessing it'll be a game from the past year. Or if it wasn't for the sales Rockstar had on PSN over the past few months, I nearly would have guessed at the full GTAIV+Episodes game

I was thinking Max Payne 3 but hope not. I would gladly take San Andreas and Vice City please! I see a lot of R* games on sale so they would hardly give one for free after putting it on sale already?

I was thinking Max Payne 3 but hope not. I would gladly take San Andreas and Vice City please! I see a lot of R* games on sale so they would hardly give one for free after putting it on sale already?

Yeah if it wasn't for that I would have hoped for GTAIV+Episodes or even Red Dead Redemption GOTY (including Undead Nightmare etc). Max Payne 3 might be a runner though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Signed up to this yesterday after reading through some of this thread. Seems like a great idea. Started playing Limbo last night.... WHAT A GAME!!! :eek:

It cost me €14.99 for 90 days. Is that the usual price or is it usually more expensive? I know they had some specials over Christmas but do they often discount the yearly price?

Excited to see what games they announce today. I basically haven't played any games over the last year and a half so there should be plenty for me to catch up on over the next few months.

thats the normal 90 day price, it was going for about 11 quid just before xmas.

• Advertisement

Playstationer.net posted a rumour they heard
    Playstationer.net

So here's what we're hearing. PS+ free games this month are F1 Race Stars, Quantum Conudrum, Sleeping Dogs, Lumines and Wipeout 2048

what a load of crap! except Sleeping Dogs but I already cleared it. Not confirmed so hope it's the proper list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Playstationer.net posted a rumour they heard

what a load of crap! except Sleeping Dogs but I already cleared it. Not confirmed so hope it's the proper list.

Would be delighted with that. Lumines and wipeout. Yes please!

Sleeping Dogs??

I swear to f*ck, I nearly bought it yesterday and decided no, I had too many games to clear already. Then this morning I was checking out some gameplay videos of it and thought "F*ck it, maybe I will get it at the weekend"

If it's Sleeping Dogs, then that is f*cking brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Thank god I didn't buy sleeping dogs. But I would like dead island too. I enjoyed it on the pc. Getting quite excited now. Next Wednesday wont come soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hope it's not Playstation All Stars, but fear it could be.

Bought it on sale with a free Vita version from the PSN store last week.

• Advertisement

Jesus if that's true, it's amazing.

Only problem I'm going to have here is that I'll have to finally invest in a 32gb Vita card.

Hope it's not Playstation All Stars, but fear it could be.

Bought it on sale with a free Vita version from the PSN store last week.

Its definitely not. They said it won't be for a long time if ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I was thinking Max Payne 3 but hope not.

Hope not too, I just bought it!

tok9 wrote: »
    Its definitely not. They said it won't be for a long time if ever.

Well if it's not, it's definitely worth picking up from the PSN store right now. €22.49 with a free copy of the Vita version thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cienciano wrote: »
    Do they make the announcements on their twitter feed?

Posted on their blog but they tweet when the blog is updated.

I doubt it'll be Sleeping Dogs or Max Payne. Or even F1 All Star Racing. Reason for me saying that is because when they started this, they said all retail games will be at least a year old(At least for the PS3. Clearly not the case for Vita)
    So wil be games that have more or less stopped selling in the shops/online

Well if it's not, it's definitely worth picking up from the PSN store right now. €22.49 with a free copy of the Vita version thrown in.

I Know but I said I wouldn't buy anymore games until Bioshock Infinite and I already got the GTA collection to play it online with friends.

It is a great price but I don't think I'd actually get use out of the game. Had super smash bros and barely ever played it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Penn wrote: »
    Sleeping Dogs??

I swear to f*ck, I nearly bought it yesterday and decided no, I had too many games to clear already.
    jaxdasher wrote: »
    Thank god I didn't buy sleeping dogs.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Posted on their blog but they tweet when the blog is updated.

I doubt it'll be Sleeping Dogs or Max Payne. Or even F1 All Star Racing. Reason for me saying that is because when they started this, they said all retail games will be at least a year old(At least for the PS3. Clearly not the case for Vita)
    So wil be games that have more or less stopped selling in the shops/online

Hope you're right. I did buy Sleeping Dogs :o
    Still in plastic wrapper though. Between AC3, XCom and just starting Dark Souls it'd likely be in the wrapper for some time to come anyway.

I was wrong. Sorry!

It is Sleeping Dogs and Wipeout 2048 and Quantum Conundrum and F1 Race Stars and Lumines.

My Apologies for saying otherwise. :)

And Woohoo!

So:

6th Feb - Sleeping Dogs, Quantum Conundrum and F1 are being added and Bioshock 2, Ratchet and Clank and Cubixx are being removed

13th Feb - Vita gets Wipeout and loses Jet Set Radio

20th Feb - Vita gets Lumines and loses Pinball Arcade

So if you haven't added them to your download list already, add all games about to be removed ASAP to be safe.

And as someone was asking about discount, for 2 weeks from 6th Feb you get 90 days for €9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/28/playstation-plus-your-february-content/

Looks like the rumour was spot on. Very happy with that.

• Advertisement

I was wrong. Sorry!

It is Sleeping Dogs and Wipeout 2048

Yup. Ah well. Gonna go trade it with someone that doesn't have plus :P

Booom! Great update altogether.

I already traded my copy but I might actually download this and buy that Bruce Lee typ DLC that came out recently!

EDIT:

DLC is Zodiac Tournament pack and is 3.99 euro. I never got the platinum so actually this will be a great excuse to go back to it. One of the best games of last year.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/addons/zodiac-tournament-pack/cid=EP0082-BLES01661_00-SDDLC00000000029

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I wish now i hadn't of platinumed Sleeping dogs 2 weeks ago. :(

Wipeout will keep me happy! :D

sin0city wrote: »
    Yup. Ah well. Gonna go trade it with someone that doesn't have plus :P

How does anyone with a PS3 not have Plus? It's the best €50 you'll ever spend on gaming.

Signed up to this yesterday after reading through some of this thread. Seems like a great idea. Started playing Limbo last night.... WHAT A GAME!!! :eek:

It cost me €14.99 for 90 days. Is that the usual price or is it usually more expensive? I know they had some specials over Christmas but do they often discount the yearly price?

Fully agree about Limbo and here's a heads up re: subscription discount:

"The new games will be available to subscribers from 6th February. At that point Plus will also be 30% off on the 90 day membership, a deal which is available until the 20th. People already subscribing can use this promo to ‘stack’ their subscription, too."

Seriously, If you have a PS3 and Vita, PS plus is too good! Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Mortal Kombat and now Wipeout and Luminees.

That is excellent.

Have the Quantum Conundrum bundle on PC. Good puzzle game from one of the main people involved with Portal

How does anyone with a PS3 not have Plus? It's the best €50 you'll ever spend on gaming.

Yeah, I think it's fair to say it's the best gaming subscription service of all time?

• Advertisement

Have the Quantum Conundrum bundle on PC. Good puzzle game from one of the main people involved with Portal

Nice one. Was just off checking reviews of the other games. Loved both Portal games. Review sites must get loads of hits once the plus content is announced, everyone checking out the latest freebies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement