Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Sweet :D

Anyone else having trouble navigating their downloaded content lists these days on PSN? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

RedXIV wrote: »
    Sweet :D

Anyone else having trouble navigating their downloaded content lists these days on PSN? :D

That is one of the biggest complaints going. was bad before PS Plus with demos and all, but now with Plus content it takes forever to find one thing. Need to be able to search or filter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

sin0city wrote: »
    Nice one. Was just off checking reviews of the other games. Loved both Portal games. Review sites must get loads of hits once the plus content is announced, everyone checking out the latest freebies.

Why read reviews. just download and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Awesome. F*cking love PS+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

RangeR wrote: »
    Why read reviews. just download and play.

Off the top of my head:

1) Because I enjoy reading about games.
    2) I can see what type of game it is.
    3) I've a backlog of games that I actually want to play so why would I download around 10GB without having a clue what it is I'm downloading?
    4) If you're on the fence about a game it can help you decide and get you excited for it.

The only time I won't read a review is if I'm going to get the game regardless of what the reviews say and want to avoid even the slightest of spoilers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm over the moon with this. I was so disappointed to have missed Sleeping Dogs in the Xmas sale, and when Far Cry 3 was sold at such a crappy discount, I decided to get the ps plus subscription instead. Best money ever spent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

sin0city wrote: »
    Fully agree about Limbo and here's a heads up re: subscription discount:

"The new games will be available to subscribers from 6th February. At that point Plus will also be 30% off on the 90 day membership, a deal which is available until the 20th. People already subscribing can use this promo to ‘stack’ their subscription, too."

Brilliant thanks. :)

Looking forward to Sleeping Dogs. Don't really know anything about it other than the trailer but I find that is often the best way to start a game.

I'm really liking the idea of PS Plus. Especially that I don't have to worry about researching games or where I can get the cheapest price or best trade in deals. Just start playing a game and if I don't like it, there are another ten games to choose from and more good games added each month. Great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Do the Americans get sleeping dogs aswell? Lol more ammo for them to moan about who gets better deals...tho I have to admit we get it pretty damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Do the Americans get sleeping dogs aswell? Lol more ammo for them to moan about who gets better deals...tho I have to admit we get it pretty damn good.

They get Foosball.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/07/28/foosball-2012-review

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

meh...nothing for me this month, might add another 3 month sub. though.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Can't see that going down well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

PS+ is too good.

As someone who did far more gaming on the 360 this generation (by virtue of getting it first, and friends owning it), I will get a PS4 before an Xbox720 no question - well, presuming PS+ lives on in the next generation. And why wouldn't it... it's been the best thing Sony have done since launching the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ha! Must check out the ign article this evening when I go home and see ones complaining about us while the EU ones rub it in. :)

Oh and small point about Quantum Conundrum for any Star Trek fans here who don't already know. The main narrator is
    John DeLancie, aka Q from Next Generation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

PS+ is too good.

As someone who did far more gaming on the 360 this generation (by virtue of getting it first, and friends owning it), I will get a PS4 before an Xbox720 no question - well, presuming PS+ lives on in the next generation. And why wouldn't it... it's been the best thing Sony have done since launching the PS3.

Same here. I did 80% of my gaming this gen on the 360 and since MS is shafting Live with silly apps and ruining the Xbox interface I will be using the PS4 as my primary platform next gen. PSN plus is great value. All Sony need to do is improve download speeds as PSN is sooo slow and shorten the maintenance downtime.

I can get a 2Gb demo on Live in under 10 mins and it takes over 30-40 mins on PSN for the same demo. Then when you get the thing it has to install while you can just play straight away on the 360.

PSN+ will give the Sony the edge and are making MS look greedy even more so. I had given up on the PS3 until PSN+ kicked into gear.

I think its time to watch some hongkong action films!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I think its time to watch some hongkong action films!

Hard Boiled all the way.

Hard Boiled all the way.
    Saw it. Sooo good. Anymore recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hmmm they really seem to take on feedback. A lot of people are asking about dead island and they said they'll look into it.

Might do the same with X com and dishonoured :D

Saw it. Sooo good. Anymore recommendations?

To get you started pretty much anything directed by Johnnie To, Dante Lam, Tsui Hark, John Woo, Ronny Yu, Ringo Lam, Takashi Miike, Takeshi Kitano, Wai-keung Lau, Alan Mak and Kinji Fukasaku.

Actors to look out for include Chow Yun Fat, Anthony Wong, Simon Yam, Donnie Yen, Andy Lau, Daniel Wu, Eric Tsang, Sonny Chiba and Tony Leung.

• Advertisement

Darko wrote: »

To get you started pretty much anything directed by Johnnie To, Dante Lam, Tsui Hark, John Woo, Ronny Yu, Ringo Lam, Takashi Miike, Takeshi Kitano, Wai-keung Lau, Alan Mak and Kinji Fukasaku.

Actors to look out for include Chow Yun Fat, Anthony Wong, Simon Yam, Donnie Yen, Andy Lau, Daniel Wu, Eric Tsang, Sonny Chiba and Tony Leung.
    Big fan of Donnie Yen and Tony Leung. Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

For those of you who haven't played sleeping dogs yet, your in for a treat. I traded it in a while ago but i'll probably download it and play it again at some stage.

RedXIV wrote: »

Can't see that going down well :D
    Omg it is official they are getting Foosball! Hahhaha
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/28/playstation-plus-update-ninja-gaiden-sigma-free-for-members/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Best thing about getting Sleeping Dogs is laughing at the Americans going nuts because they ain't getting it :)

Best thing about getting Sleeping Dogs is laughing at the Americans going nuts because they ain't getting it :)

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Didn't realise Vanquish was free to download, thats my Sunday afternoon sorted so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I'm new to all this PS plus talk as I hear it's only really gotten good the last while.

I'm thinking of getting it considering I don't play games often so getting loads of free games for a €50 subscription makes sense in my case because I wouldn't care to buy them individually.

Anyone want to catch me up on everything you get currently if you sign up? :P

weiland79 wrote: »
    Didn't realise Vanquish was free to download, thats my Sunday afternoon sorted so!
    12 gig file though. I gave it a miss because of that. I'm really keeping that space for Sleeping Dogs.

• Advertisement

1ZRed wrote: »
    I'm new to all this PS plus talk as I hear it's only really gotten good the last while.

I'm thinking of getting it considering I don't play games often so getting loads of free games for a €50 subscription makes sense in my case because I wouldn't care to buy them individually.

Anyone want to catch me up on everything you get currently if you sign up? :P
    It's changing constantly, games leaving monthly, and others coming on to replace them. Sleeping Dogs, a fairly new release, is coming Wednesday. The Standout game leaving is probably Bioshock 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement