Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

1ZRed wrote: »
    I'm new to all this PS plus talk as I hear it's only really gotten good the last while.

I'm thinking of getting it considering I don't play games often so getting loads of free games for a €50 subscription makes sense in my case because I wouldn't care to buy them individually.

Anyone want to catch me up on everything you get currently if you sign up? :P

Read the last two or three entries here for a decent idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

RangeR wrote: »
    Read the last two or three entries here for a decent idea.

That's the US blog.

The EU playstation plus is better and as such Europeans are inherently better.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/ps-plus/

Here's what's leaving now and what's being added for febuary;

Leaving the Plus Service in February:
    6th February: BioShock 2
    6th February: Ratchet and Clank All 4 One
    6th February: Cubixx HD
    13th February: Jet Set Radio
    20th February: Pinball Arcade
    Entering the Plus Service in February:
    6th February: Sleeping Dogs
    6th February: Quantum Conundrum
    6th February: F1 Race Stars
    13th February: WipEout 2048
    20th February: Lumines Electronic Symphony

You can see everything that's on plus on the Store.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    12 gig file though. I gave it a miss because of that. I'm really keeping that space for Sleeping Dogs.

"Purchase" it anyway, then it will be there for whenever you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone hear if the 365 sub is going down to €35 again anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Anyone hear if the 365 sub is going down to €35 again anytime soon?

No but IIRC they are doing the 15 months for the price of 12 thing again soon [if not already]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Very, very excited about Sleeping Dogs. I blitzed through Fall of Cybertron over the weekend so that I could crack on with it as soon as it's added to Plus tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Fairly meh PS Vita sale starts this week to mark the year anniversary of the handheld. Disappointed at no reduction of the likes of AssCreed and Resistance. Most of what's here is older stuff most Vita owners would have now.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/02/05/ps-vita-sale-starts-this-week/

Note 1: If you're on Plus don't buy the reduced Lumines, which goes free later in the month

Note 2: Buy Mutant Blobs Attack, it's simple but lots of fun. Cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Only realised last night that I had only added Bioshock 2 to the checkout and hadn't completed the process, which would have meant I would have lost it when it was taken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Sleeping Dogs, Quantum Conundrum, and F1 Race Stars are up now. Sleeping Dogs is 7GB and I think the other two are 1.1-1.6GB each.

I'm looking forward to playing Sleeping Dogs and Quantum Conundrum. I've never really been a fan of F1 or cart racers, so I might give that a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I've never really been a fan of F1 or cart racers, so I might give that a miss.

It's better than LBP Karting IMO. Worth testing out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Had to sacrifice deleting Batman (with about a 1/4 of the game left to play) to make room for Sleeping Dogs, it was a tough choice but no time for me to be sentimental. I must carry on making these tough decisions when it comes to PS+, either that or buy a hard drive LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Watching "The Killer" atm while downloading Sleeping Dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

nocoverart wrote: »
    Had to sacrifice deleting Batman (with about a 1/4 of the game left to play) to make room for Sleeping Dogs, it was a tough choice but no time for me to be sentimental. I must carry on making these tough decisions when it comes to PS+, either that or buy a hard drive LOL.

While a bit late now, but I'd advise you look in the game utility folder first and delete things there. I imagine a good few games would have a lot of data stored there, especially any game that has to install the first time you play it.

At least that way you can hold onto games you do want to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Worth noting that Sleeping Dosg DLC is 15% off for ps+. Not much but better than nothing.

+1 to the above. Go into Utility folder and delete game files of games you might have cleared. Your save file stays intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Sleeping dogs is downloading now, sound :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

cloud493 wrote: »
    Sleeping dogs is downloading now, sound :cool:
    There's another 1gb update after you install :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Ah **** :mad: same with little big planet 2, 12 patches to download like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is any of the DLC worth it for Sleeping Dogs, there's a load but I've no idea what's worth bothering with.

Got about half an hour or so of quantum conundrum in, and it seems good so far. Thinks me likes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

ShaneU wrote: »
    There's another 1gb update after you install :rolleyes:
    Ah tits! Oh well, I've it downloading now anyhow. Is the F1 and Conundrum ones worth a download?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

New DLC for Sniper Elite V2 available from the store, €4.99...St. Pierre DLC - new mission. The 3 month sub is also up for 9.99 - normally 14.99

I noticed I couldn't add the new games to the basket. Could only download. Do I need to start downloading everything then cancelling to get them into my download list now? That's a bit pants if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is the F1 worth a download?

Its nothing special but I've played a lot worse

lertsnim wrote: »
    Its nothing special but I've played a lot worse

Yeah, it seems a bit Meh olrite, but I'm going to keep it for splitscreen and online.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I noticed I couldn't add the new games to the basket. Could only download. Do I need to start downloading everything then cancelling to get them into my download list now? That's a bit pants if so.

It is a nuisance alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I added the games from my PC. Didn't have to download right away then.

Ahhhhh you're smarter than the average bear! Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Man.. its weird driving on our side of the road in video games. Loving sleeping dogs. Kinda reminds me well of back home in Asia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Man.. its weird driving on our side of the road in video games. Loving sleeping dogs. Kinda reminds me well of back home in Asia.

that caught me out too....ran over a few people by mistake :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Beefy78 wrote: »

Came here to find out about that. Damn that's annoying, why would they even do that?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement