Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Varik wrote: »
    Is any of the DLC worth it for Sleeping Dogs, there's a load but I've no idea what's worth bothering with.

I don't have any but from what I've read, the 2 main DLC's to get are 'Nightmare in Northpoint' - €2.49 down to €2.19 and 'The Zodiac Tournament' that does not have a discount and is €3.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I don't have any but from what I've read, the 2 main DLC's to get are 'Nightmare in Northpoint' - €2.49 down to €2.19 and 'The Zodiac Tournament' that does not have a discount and is €3.99.

Nice, I'll get one of those with the crumbs left in the wallet after the Final Fantasy sale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Man.. its weird driving on our side of the road in video games. Loving sleeping dogs. Kinda reminds me well of back home in Asia.

Yeah, took me a while to get used to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Taking breaks from Sleeping Dogs to watch the infernal affairs trilogy. Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

just downloading sleeping dogs now.. seems to get quite good reviews online !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ there are two free DLC on the store for Sleeping Dogs....I grabbed them + the game, just put them in my que for later. There are now 23 DLC for the game and the price for each is rather small.

But I just put all the DLC into my basket, just to see...for everything it comes to a grand total of €26.09!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Have put a few hours into Sleeping Dogs now and I love it. Never heard of it till last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

lertsnim wrote: »
    Have put a few hours into Sleeping Dogs now and I love it. Never heard of it till last week.
    It's the spiritual successor to the past True Crimes game. The first one was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I've only had the time to put in about 40 mins of Sleeping Dogs, but I'm finding the combat system a bit sh1t so far. Probably just me been a spasticK at this game though.

All the talk of Sleeping Dogs made me realise that I bought it on PC on release day, played an hour of it and never went back to the game. Bloody Steam and my backlog of 200+ games. Really have to get into the habit of clearing up my back log before getting any new titles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Not really feeling sleeping dogs. But sure its only 7gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That sleeping dogs update is a pain though, 1GB and you can't download in the background.
    At least they have improved the store. No add to basket crap and then to download list anymore, hoorah !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

eddhorse wrote: »
    No add to basket crap and then to download list anymore, hoorah !

I'm the opposite, just "purchase" and leave it til another time to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

That sleeping dogs update is a pain though, 1GB and you can't download in the background.
    At least they have improved the store. No add to basket crap and then to download list anymore, hoorah !

I couldn't believe it, downloaded the game and then another 900 odd Mb to download the minute the game started up. Only played a bit of the game but it looks original and good. Maybe the controls could be better but I guess its what state you feel like playing it in. Thumbs up.

Played conundrum game, did someone say "portal ripoff"??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Played conundrum game, did someone say "portal ripoff"??

Same creator

ShaneU wrote: »

Same creator

Well that makes a lot more sense. Can't get away from the boxes !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Quite enjoyed the F1 carting game from the half an hour I put into it last night. Nothing particularly groundbreaking but decent pick-up-and-play fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Quite enjoyed the F1 carting game from the half an hour I put into it last night. Nothing particularly groundbreaking but decent pick-up-and-play fun.

F1 is a lot of fun online and like any karting game will be a good laugh with friends. I find the single player very bland though.

Fairly disappointed with Sleeping Dogs so far, the sloppy controls are ruining it for me. Really liking Quantum Conundrum! of course It's no Portal but pleasantly surprised all the same. A good month of PS+ all in all.

I know a couple of people said they weren't convinced the last couple of days but I'm really liking Sleeping Dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Is it possible to buy more than 1 90 days of playstation + ,eg a year for €40 or can it only be purchased once ?

You can do it. They stack up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I know a couple of people said they weren't convinced the last couple of days but I'm really liking Sleeping Dogs.

Loving sleeping dogs far better then gta 4 in the gameplay department but just my opinion

I really liked GTA4 but Sleeping Dogs is probably the best Sandbox game I've played this generation. Almost everything about it is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Loving sleeping dogs far better then gta 4 in the gameplay department but just my opinion
    I really liked GTA4 but Sleeping Dogs is probably the best Sandbox game I've played this generation. Almost everything about it is great.

It sold less than it should have, the game was good should have been given a chance by people.

But in fairness GTA4 is old, it'd be fairer to compare it to GTA5.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Sleeping dogs is great fun. Not a huge fan of the driving mechanics though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Having a bit of fun with it, alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

How long will games be available to download on PS Plus? Im not getting my subscription until the weekend and dont want to miss out on Sleeping Dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Some for weeks, some for months, and some for the year.

Check it.

EDIT : Nothing will disappear between today and the weekend. Stuff generally changes on Wednesdays [but not every Wednesday]
    EDIT 2 : Oh, it's Monday. Stuff MIGHT change before the weekend. Don't know where my head is today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sale/Permanent Price drops starting today:

Sale until Feb 27 (10% off displayed prices for Plus):
    Arkham Asylum €9.99
    Arkham City €11.99
    Dishonored €23.99
    Sly trilogy €9.99
    Twisted Metal €14.99
    Watchmen:End is Nigh €7.99

Permanent (No discount)
    Darksiders €3.99