Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dishonored for 21.50ish sounds very good! Watchment is a great game and Stuntman Ignition is completely worth it at that price. My first game on PS3, great laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If its 10 euro on your store, then on the UK store its... £8 for darksiders 2? Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

cloud493 wrote: »
    If its 10 euro on your store, then on the UK store its... £8 for darksiders 2? Bargain.

Strange thing is, in the blog update it has Darksiders 2 as £9.99, which I'm guessing is a typo. So yeah, think it was under £8, if going by the price for de Blob 2.

These offers start when the store updates

Don't know if I asked this before, but I was just wondering is there a way to purchase games you have from the Instant Game Collection? I mean we know you lose access to the game if your sub expires, so say I wanted to take advantage of that Arkham City offer with my sub expiring next month, is there a way to do it?

Oh and the offers are available now

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't know if I asked this before, but I was just wondering is there a way to purchase games you have from the Instant Game Collection? I mean we know you lose access to the game if your sub expires, so say I wanted to take advantage of that Arkham City offer with my sub expiring next month, is there a way to do it?

Would you not just delete the game from your hardrive, then purchase it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not that sure

I'd say you're better off just keeping up the sub, but if you do want to buy a game outright you can't unless your sub is already gone.

Just bought the sly trilogy, Arkham city, grand total of 15 pounds 91 pence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

cloud493 wrote: »
    Just bought the sly trilogy, Arkham city, grand total of 15 pounds 91 pence :D

seems (by my calculations) you saved over a quid (~1.30) by buying in sterling, nice one!

I'm considering sly myself, is Arkham city not free on psplus at the moment?

Varik wrote: »
    Not that sure

I'd say you're better off just keeping up the sub, but if you do want to buy a game outright you can't unless your sub is already gone.

Oh my sub's not going anywhere until 2014 at least(that's when I've subscribed to) :) Was just wondering if it was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I've €4 left in my wallet, Darksiders any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sweetie wrote: »
    is Arkham city not free on psplus at the moment?

No. It was only up for December I think. Gone again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I personally really enjoyed both games in the series. For that price I'd definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Penn wrote: »
    No. It was only up for December I think. Gone again now.

For a brief second, I read the first part of Penn's reply and thought it was to LF and was about to go on a rant.

As I now see the situation as it is, I will simply say, yes, Darksiders is definitely worth it. It's a Zelda game wrapped up in different aesthetics but that is no bad thing.

I'm actually tempted by a few more games. Definitely renewing my plus subscription, it's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

[QUOTE=. It's a Zelda game wrapped up in different aesthetics but that is no bad thing.[/QUOTE]

id say its more like Devil May Cry, but much more badass.

From the PlaystationEU twitter
    What sort of content do you want to see on PlayStation Plus? Let us know on PS Blog: http://bit.ly/YsZEy4

Free games? Hmmm, got them.
    Free recent games? Yup, got Sleeping Dogs
    Discounts on games? Check.

So if you were to make suggestions, what would it be? For Plus, not PSN in general.
    Although I don't use it, I would suggest Home based freebies to encourage people to check it out and remind them it exists. :)

Can't really think of anything else. I'm sure some people would like free DLC, but I understand why they don't do that. It's their way of making money from the free games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm loving Sleeping Dogs, but on the whole I still preferred PS+ as it was a year ago when the emphasis was more on the PSN games than 12-18 month old larger retail releases. That's just me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I would like a ps1/2 game now and then.

So if you were to make suggestions, what would it be?

Free movie rentals
    The inclusion of free PS Mobile games

Can't think of any more right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Sleeping dogs is amazingly good, delighted with it! There's a couple of free DLC packs in the PS store for people who mightn't have noticed yet. Not much, think it's a car, a few bits of clothing.
    Morpork wrote: »
    Sleeping dogs is great fun. Not a huge fan of the driving mechanics though.
    Agreed, driving mechanics isn't great. Cars seem to move a bit more unnaturally compared to GTA. Sort of on rails.
    But the view behind the car is far better than GTA, you can see exactly what's up ahead without when going fast.
    Story/acting/fighting all done really well imho

I want okami, either free or discounted :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Cienciano wrote: »
    But the view behind the car is far better than GTA, you can see exactly what's up ahead without when going fast.
    Story/acting/fighting all done really well imho

I love GTA IV and especialy Episodes but that was the one thing that annoyed me about the games. Having to hold down the right analog stick so you could see ahead of you. Hopefully they fix it for V.

As regards Plus, maybe bigger discounts on newer games when they put them on sale...suppose they've done that already though with Darksiders 2 and Batman :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mads to play Shift 2 again, raging I didn't have PSN+ back when it was free. Would be class if we got Resi 2 or Resi 4 free. I think a PS1 or PS2 free game should be mandatory every month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Something I'd like added to + would be the ability to change your PSN ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

They talked about it once ages ago, about the possibility of introducing a policy in plus where you are offered 4 games and pick 2 etc. I'd like that feature. In saying that, I rarely even notice anymore if I have a meh month as my backlog is huge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

RedXIV wrote: »
    They talked about it once ages ago, about the possibility of introducing a policy in plus where you are offered 4 games and pick 2 etc. I'd like that feature. In saying that, I rarely even notice anymore if I have a meh month as my backlog is huge :)
    That's the only problem with PS+. Too many games and not enough time

Cienciano wrote: »
    That's the only problem with PS+. Too many games and not enough time

Another possible PS+ additional feature:

A time machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ah tits! Oh well, I've it downloading now anyhow. Is the F1 and Conundrum ones worth a download?

Started playing Qunatum Conundrum last night and I am really enjoying the little I played. It think it has borrowed some ideas from Portal, but its still its own game. I definetly plan on giving it more time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

sarumite wrote: »
    Started playing Qunatum Conundrum last night and I am really enjoying the little I played. It think it has borrowed some ideas from Portal, but its still its own game. I definetly plan on giving it more time.

They were both made by the same person so I'm not surprised they share ideas!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement