Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wing126 wrote: »
    Has anyone here gotten 10/5 euro credit off sony?

Nope. Did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Wing126 wrote: »
    Has anyone here gotten 10/5 euro credit off sony?

I think It's just a softener for the Yanks to prevent a seizure when they find out we've a better PS+ again next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

nocoverart wrote: »

I think It's just a softener for the Yanks to prevent a seizure when they find out we've a better PS+ again next month.
    +377251118 up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nope. Did you?

Haven't checked, but I doubt I have. Have heard no reports of people from europe getting credit off sony. Just wanted to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Thoroughly enjoyed Sleeping Dogs. It's been said so many times but €50 a year for the quality of games you get is easily the best value in gaming right now. SD certainly makes up for the atrocious F1 All Stars. It just feels like a really REEEEALLLLY crap version of Mario Kart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

After a 7gig download of sleeping dogs I have to download a 969MB update before I can play it and it can't be downloaded in the background. Why can't they let me download an updated version the first time. Daft.

Edit:I just realized I can sign out and play. Still annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

6th March: Mass Effect 3
    6th March: Dead or Alive 5
    6th March: Joe Danger 2
    13th March: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
    20th March: Puddle

It's just.....mental. Honestly, €50 for that lot would be an insane bargain alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Do I need to play Mass Effect 2 before playing Mass Effect 3?

Quick (and possibly stupid) question. If I sign up for playstation plus today, what do i get?

To get the best out of the game, yes. But you should play Mass Effect 2 because it's the best in the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I didn't think it could get better than last month but that's genuinely amazing.

Is MGS HD on PS3 or Vita?

nocoverart wrote: »

:D:D:D

Quick (and possibly stupid) question. If I sign up for playstation plus today, what do i get?

http://ie.playstation.com/playstationplus/#select-tab-gamecollection

Oh right! And do you have it them for a limited time? Sorry guys, I know this has probably been covered lots of times

I didn't think it could get better than last month but that's genuinely amazing.

Is MGS HD on PS3 or Vita?

i'm guessing Vita since they get updated during the month.

And on another note...Cool! One of these days, I'll actually start playing the games from this. :) Just Limbo played so far

Oh right! And do you have it them for a limited time? Sorry guys, I know this has probably been covered lots of times

As long as they're in your download list, you get to download and play them for as long as you subscribe. If you cancel, you lose access but if you resubscribe, you get your access back.

In short: Do it!. If you have the bandwidth and know you'll play the games, it's well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Are the saves from a disc version and digital version of the same game compatible with either version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Wut, thats amazing :D

If it's the Vita version of MGS then I'm sold. Damn you Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I really can't believe how good we are getting it on PS Plus. I joined up for 12 months, and got my sub for 34.99. Never has money been as well spent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Beefy78 wrote: »
    If it's the Vita version of MGS then I'm sold. Damn you Sony.

Actually if it turns out to be MGS for Vita i will never buy a game again. Already been stung with gravity rush and golden abyss. I bought MGS too:mad:

weiland79 wrote: »
    Actually if it turns out to be MGS for Vita i will never buy a game again. Already been stung with gravity rush and golden abyss. I bought MGS too:mad:

It definitely is for the Vita, along with Puddle. Says as much on the PS EU blog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Hm.. haven't been too interested in Plus before, but ME3 and D&A5 are two games I'm going to buy soon. Might as well subscribe to this thing, then.

Polar101 wrote: »
    Hm.. haven't been too interested in Plus before, but ME3 and D&A5 are two games I'm going to buy soon. Might as well subscribe to this thing, then.

Ah sure go on. You know you want to. :P

Polar101 wrote: »

Yeah I can see why loads of good, free games and discounts wouldn't interest you until now.

:p

YOU ARE MAD, SIR. STOP WASTING TIME AND BUY PS+ THIS MINUTE.

I just bought it. its really good value. kind of makes me wish i had a vita though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Kinda wondering about this today....with the PS4 announcing that PSN purchases aren't transferable makes me wonder about all the PS+ stuff.

For example, how long with the PS3 version for PSN be available with all my stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭McGrath5

RedXIV wrote: »
    Kinda wondering about this today....with the PS4 announcing that PSN purchases aren't transferable makes me wonder about all the PS+ stuff.

For example, how long with the PS3 version for PSN be available with all my stuff?

My train of thought is that if I want to play a PS3 game, I'll use a PS3.

I am not so sure why people are getting so hung up on this backward compatibility thing, surely if you want to play a game, it is best to play it on the system it was designed for.

I just bought it. its really good value. kind of makes me wish i had a vita though

Just remember to add all the games to your download list whether you plan on downloading them now or not. This way you still have access to them even after they've been removed from the Instant Game Collection. Including Vita games, just in case you get a Vita sometime.
    RedXIV wrote: »

Downside with any digital games. How long will the servers stay active?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

CastorTroy wrote: »

Downside with any digital games. How long will the servers stay active?

Yeah I guess I'm just a bit disappointed that I may have to get the same games again. In saying that, the vast majority of my games came with PS+ so its not like I went out specifically looking for them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement