Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Grayditch wrote: »
    I didn't quite understand that myself. I already have Warhawk so I hope it brings a few new players as there doesn't seem to be many online.

it was answer on the blog, they don't know themselves apparently or at least the psn store staff don't the psn+ guy will be posting tomorrow and may say what the deal is.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

It looks like they have listened. This is a better list for the upcoming months.

I see over in the US, they're now getting it updated every 2 weeks instead of each week. Maybe this will be introduced over here aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

I was thinking the other day that when Sony release their next console (be it 3yrs or 6yrs from now) would we lose all the stuff if this is not compatible. That would be apain at least the stuff you buy is permanent to your PS3 weather Sony support ps plus or not.

I was thinking the other day that when Sony release their next console (be it 3yrs or 6yrs from now) would we lose all the stuff if this is not compatible. That would be apain at least the stuff you buy is permanent to your PS3 weather Sony support ps plus or not.

Well too early to be worrying about that, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I was thinking the other day that when Sony release their next console (be it 3yrs or 6yrs from now) would we lose all the stuff if this is not compatible.

That's the case for everything though. Disc-based games might not even be compatible. That argument can be made about digital downloadable games in general too so I don't think it's a problem specifically with PS+

• Advertisement

sorry didn't mean it as a problem l have plus. l just ment that over the years you could build up a nice collection of say ps1 games then one day if Sony stop supporting plus they could be gone. Thats all I ment more so because technically the things aren't yours sort of like the removal of the Other OS mess. Personally l don't mind 50 a year isn't bad valu. Just a issue for collectors really

sorry didn't mean it as a problem l have plus. l just ment that over the years you could build up a nice collection of say ps1 games then one day if Sony stop supporting plus they could be gone. Thats all I ment more so because technically the things aren't yours sort of like the removal of the Other OS mess. Personally l don't mind 50 a year isn't bad valu. Just a issue for collectors really

Yeah it's the same thing argument about Digital Downloads really. What happens to your Playstation Network games and Xbox Live Arcade games when the next console comes out? Nintendo are the worst, I think when you buy a game it is tied to the console it was purchased on only, so that if your console breaks or you replace it you've no way of getting the games you've already paid for and downloaded onto your new console.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Yeah it's the same thing argument about Digital Downloads really. What happens to your Playstation Network games and Xbox Live Arcade games when the next console comes out? Nintendo are the worst, I think when you buy a game it is tied to the console it was purchased on only, so that if your console breaks or you replace it you've no way of getting the games you've already paid for and downloaded onto your new console.

Yea but the difference with that is if you have a PS3 and you buy a PSN game you download it and it is on the harddrive so it will always be there unless the HDD gets damaged or you delete it and even then you can have the HDD backed up so you technically have a copy. But What I ment was with plus if you stop suscribing you lose the games they can not be played. So say sony decided to end the suscription service then technically you might not be able to play the games. It's a mute point really I was just thinking that if you were a collector of games you could lose a fair few if it was say ended in 3-6 yrs time ( the life span of the PS3 ) So who know's maybe Sony would give them to you or just add PS plus to the next console.:)

Yea but the difference with that is if you have a PS3 and you buy a PSN game you download it and it is on the harddrive so it will always be there unless the HDD gets damaged or you delete it and even then you can have the HDD backed up so you technically have a copy. But What I ment was with plus if you stop suscribing you lose the games they can not be played. So say sony decided to end the suscription service then technically you might not be able to play the games. It's a mute point really I was just thinking that if you were a collector of games you could lose a fair few if it was say ended in 3-6 yrs time ( the life span of the PS3 ) So who know's maybe Sony would give them to you or just add PS plus to the next console.:)

Oh yeah, I get your point now. I suppose you can look at the way Microsoft recently cut Live support for the original Xbox. Doesn't really affect me too much as I very rarely go back and play much older games, but I see what you mean about collectors.

Be nice if they just gave you full ownership of some content after a while in the end it's not like a 5-6 year old psn title will cost them money when the PS4 is out. tehy could just remove the time limit that's on PSN+ stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

When is the second month available? I thought it was meant to be today but there's no sign of it on the store.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I get your point now. I suppose you can look at the way Microsoft recently cut Live support for the original Xbox. Doesn't really affect me too much as I very rarely go back and play much older games, but I see what you mean about collectors.
    Yea that's what I ment to say first time around, it was just a thought personally I have to say I wasn't to impressed first month but these next two months look good. I think the trick will be not to buy to many PSN games and wait a little longer for them to be free with Plus like sam and max that way its a great deal. I have a feeling that from now on any extra online benifits that Sony give say cross game chat etc will be only available to plus people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    When is the second month available? I thought it was meant to be today but there's no sign of it on the store.

Its today alright prob be around 4 o clock this is what we get, another poor month of crap.

PSN: Zen Pinball
    minis: Blast-Off
    Alien Zombie Death
    PSOne Classic: Medievil
    Full Game Trial: Infamous
    Mushroom Wars

Exclusive Discounts: Zen Pinball Earth Defense Table – 20%
    Warhawk Triple Combo Pack – 50%
    GT Club PS3/PSN – 50%
    WipeOut HD Fury – 20%
    DLC: MotorStorm Pacific Rift: Adrenaline Pack
    Automatic download demo: Pixel Junk Shooter
    Mafia 2
    Dynamic themes: Exclusive PlayStation Plus Theme
    Exclusive ‘Clock’ Theme
    Premium avatars: Heavy Rain characters x 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

oooooh a Clock theme :P

RAIN wrote: »
    oooooh a Clock theme :P

Haha, lets knock it 'till we try it.

Personally, I dont want a clock on my theme. I'm going for that timeless look ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

How do you go about paying for this? Can you buy points in say Gamestop or anything?

That_Guy wrote: »
    How do you go about paying for this? Can you buy points in say Gamestop or anything?

you need to buy a subscription with a credit card or a € card from a shop, the full thing is €50 for a year and you get this like this stuff every month. your have just gotten your ps3 so this might be very good value for you.

this month will be different in that we'll get stuff more than just once a month like the U.S store.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

You can try it for 90 days for €14.99. I'm thinking I won't see the third month on my package.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Polar101

But What I ment was with plus if you stop suscribing you lose the games they can not be played.

Yeah.. I guess with the PS+ you have the option of choosing whether you want to rent random games for a monthly fee, or buy them separately (i.e. not subscribe at all).

I was on the psn store there and even as it's not updated yet the stuff that is for plus is now already free even with the plus section not updated as well, i had a look at zen pinball and it's free now as is the DLC for motorstorm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

What a joke!

I downloaded Zen Pinball today as it was free. I installed it but when I went to play it it had to download an update. Another 72MB.

You'd think they'd have the up to date file available for download.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ledmanroy

not impressed with this months collection and septembers list looks just as bad

PSN: Sam and Max: Devil’s Playground (entire season)
    minis: Vector Tower Defense, Echoes
    PSOne Classic: Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
    Full Game Trial: Warhawk (50 percent discount on purchase), Inferno Pool
    Exclusive Discounts: LBP: Ico and Shadow of Colossus costume pack – 50 percent off, Metal Gear Solid (PSOne) – 50 percent off, Warhawk – 20 percent off, Pixel Junk Shooter – 20 percent off
    DLC: Exclusive UFC Undisputed 2010 DLC
    Dynamic themes: Exclusive PlayStation Move theme, Exclusive ‘Fish Tank’ theme
    Premium avatars: Eye Pet Blue Goalie Avatar, Eye Pet DJ Avatar

ledmanroy wrote: »
    not impressed with this months collection and septembers list looks just as bad

You're never going to be impressed with it so I'd imagine. The full season of Sam and max is probably the biggest PSN game you're going to get in a month. It's only a few months old too, so it's probably the most recent game you're going to get also. Septemeber looks like a good month to me.

I hadnt got Zen Pinball, the 2 minis, Medievil or the Motorstorm DLC. So this month was actually alright, all though I'll probally only play Pinball and Motorstorm out of that list.

It's still only the second month. Hopefuly its in full swing by christmas and its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

May sign up for this now actually. I like the idea of Abe's Oddysey next month. Loved that game for the PS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ledmanroy

Already signed up for it, but would be just hoping for a bit more in the future. PS1 games are the only ones catching my eye at the moment..

although i do like the automatic update feature

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Not too impressed either, got the 90 day package and i still have to pay for stuff even though its discounted.
    What are the chances of people having Warhawk for example for the DLC.

Firstly i need Warhawk (I do but lots dont)
    Then i need my PSN Plus account (just got 90 days) for €14.99
    Now i can have the DLC for €6 instead of €11.99.

What a great money making racket this is !

We get Mafia 2 demo tomorrow. 1 day before everyone else

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/

money.well.spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

RAIN wrote: »
    We get Mafia 2 demo tomorrow. 1 day before everyone else

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/

money.well.spent.

A WHOLE day wow I'm greener then the Hulk with envy

• Advertisement

We better get confirmation of the Killzone and DCU Online beta's next week or I'm out. Well not really but I'll consider it!

also, Zen pinball is sweet. Would never have even looked at it if I hadn't got it free.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement