Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

God Of War HD is over 9Gb :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Downloading the U3 multiplayer. It comes with separate language pack for every language in Europe. Are they necessary or can I just leave them out?

Leave em out. I got caught with that for MAG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Have they announced the March content yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep
    6th March: Mass Effect 3
    6th March: Dead or Alive 5
    6th March: Joe Danger 2
    13th March: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
    20th March: Puddle

It's just.....mental. Honestly, €50 for that lot would be an insane bargain alone.

MGS and Puddle on Vita

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Varik wrote: »
    Only thing that would make this better (bar the other games being added) is if the US didn't get it, I can almost taste their tears.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Metal gear lol what a game on the vita, just completed my extreme playthrough of it 20 minutes ago. Gotta love this plus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I find myslef being more and more tempted in getting ps+ even though i swore i'd never pay a subscription for my gaming...some of the deals sounds amazing the only problem now would be time to play all the titles ha.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jones wrote: »
    I find myslef being more and more tempted in getting ps+ even though i swore i'd never pay a subscription for my gaming...some of the deals sounds amazing the only problem now would be time to play all the titles ha.

I was the same, but its a no brainer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

How much is the + normally? its a tenner now for 3 months i think

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

How much is the + normally? its a tenner now for 3 months i think

That's a deal running at the moment - it's usually €14 for 3 months.
    They stack too - so if you buy 4, it will last a year.
    Currently it costs €50 for the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Freaked just realized MGS HD was vita only...balls

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That's the thing, this isn't a subscription for gaming like Xbox Live is. It's merely a "Pay €50 to get a couple of hundred euro worth of free stuff and discounts". And going by some of the stuff we've been getting lately, I know my €50 has already paid for itself in January-March alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just saw God of War 1 HD earlier is free on PS+. Penn confirmed it's a new offer for PS+ this week. Can't wait to give it another lash. Has me thinking about getting the GOW Saga (5 games) if I can find it anywhere in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I just saw God of War 1 HD earlier is free on PS+. Penn confirmed it's a new offer for PS+ this week. Can't wait to give it another lash. Has me thinking about getting the GOW Saga (5 games) if I can find it anywhere in town.

Is it really? Damn thats brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Haven't played any of them. Watched some gameplay vids. Kind of like Darksiders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

God of war hd is 9 gigs? That's mental, sleeping dogs was only 7.

Is the Ascension demo any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

EGriff wrote: »
    God of war hd is 9 gigs? That's mental, sleeping dogs was only 7.

Is the Ascension demo any good ?

Ya it's enjoyable but if you've played a GOW game before I wouldn't bother with it as you know what you are in for.

It won't change your opinion on whether to buy it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have some games like Space Marine and Motorstorm Apocalypse downloaded from PS+. I tried to play them tonight but the system says they have expired. The date is September 2012.

My PS+ subscription runs till September 2013 and I've never let it lapse.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I have some games like Space Marine and Motorstorm Apocalypse downloaded from PS+. I tried to play them tonight but the system says they have expired. The date is September 2012.

My PS+ subscription runs till September 2013 and I've never let it lapse.

Any suggestions?

Try redownloading. By that I just mean start the download then cancel. Think that happened me and I started to download, but then changed my mind and cancelled it. But when I looked at the game again, the expiry date had updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

CastorTroy wrote: »

Try redownloading. By that I just mean start the download then cancel. Think that happened me and I started to download, but then changed my mind and cancelled it. But when I looked at the game again, the expiry date had updated.

The store is down for maintenance so that might be why the expiry date didn't change when I tried to start the game. I will try again tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The store is down for maintenance so that might be why the expiry date didn't change when I tried to start the game. I will try again tomorrow.

The expiry date gets set once when it's downloaded and won't change until it expires, when a game expires you just start the game while connected to PSN with the console activated on your PSN account.

Installed a 1TB hard drive yesterday. Already downloaded about 30GB worth of games I didn't have space for before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

If you let your subscription lapse for a few days before renewing I presume your games are available again when you renew?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Installed a 1TB hard drive yesterday. Already downloaded about 30GB worth of games I didn't have space for before.

Is it hard to upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Cienciano wrote: »
    Is it hard to upgrade?

No. Can be done in minutes. Process is slightly different depending on the type of PS3 you have.

Read all of this before you start
    If you opt for full format in step 7, start this an hour or so before you go to bed.

1. If you want to keep your game saves, copy them to USB or upload them to PS+ cloud
    2. Remove existing Hard Drive [careful of the ONE screw UNDER the cover]
    3. flip the pin and slide the drive out
    4. Put new drive in with reverse process to 3.
    5. losely tighten screw. You don't have to tighten it at all. It WILL break and is just to hold the case in place. Just turn it until you feel ANY resistance.
    6. Connect up PS3 to TV and turn on.
    7. You will have to format the drive. I highly recommend a FULL format. This can take 5+ hours. You might get away with a quick format but for the peace of mind, let it run overnight.
    8. Depending on your model of PS3, you MAY need to re-install the latest PS3 System Software.
    9. Bisto

I have a slim and it was easy.

I used the backup utility to backup everything to a 250GB USB hard drive. The hardest part of this was getting it formatted to FAT32. Had to use a program called format32.

The backup process took hours.

Removing the drive is piss easy and only requires a Phillips head screwdriver.

When I turned it back on with the new drive it asked for a storage device with update 4.31 or greater.

So a usb key also formatted to FAT and with a folder called PS3 and another in that called UPDATE with the update data and it was all gravy.

Then just restored my backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

RangeR wrote: »
    No. Can be done in minutes. Process is slightly different depending on the type of PS3 you have.

Read all of this before you start
    If you opt for full format in step 7, start this an hour or so before you go to bed.

1. If you want to keep your game saves, copy them to USB or upload them to PS+ cloud
    2. Remove existing Hard Drive [careful of the ONE screw UNDER the cover]
    3. flip the pin and slide the drive out
    4. Put new drive in with reverse process to 3.
    5. losely tighten screw. You don't have to tighten it at all. It WILL break and is just to hold the case in place. Just turn it until you feel ANY resistance.
    6. Connect up PS3 to TV and turn on.
    7. You will have to format the drive. I highly recommend a FULL format. This can take 5+ hours. You might get away with a quick format but for the peace of mind, let it run overnight.
    8. Depending on your model of PS3, you MAY need to re-install the latest PS3 System Software.
    9. Bisto
    Cheers. It really is easy. I hope the ps3 is as easy, just get the smallest capacity one and upgrade.

I upgraded my super slim really easily. 12gb bult in memory to a 250gb drive from an old laptop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

RoryMac wrote: »
    If you let your subscription lapse for a few days before renewing I presume your games are available again when you renew?

They will.
    I read somewhere(probably in this thread) that once you re-subscribe within 6 months all your games you had access to prior to the lapse will be available to you.

• Advertisement

Try(I don't know if it'll work in this case) going to the store, and downloading the game again. Cos I had a similar problem, and all I had to do was renew the license or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement