Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

F1ngers wrote: »
    They will.
    I read somewhere(probably in this thread) that once you re-subscribe within 6 months all your games you had access to prior to the lapse will be available to you.

A lot of people are saying that. It's anecdotal at best. Sony have ALWAYS said that you MAY not have access. There is absolutely no official confirmation on clarification. Assume you will lose all, and you won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

RoryMac wrote: »
    If you let your subscription lapse for a few days before renewing I presume your games are available again when you renew?

When we all got a free month of Plus after the April 2011 PSN outage, Burnout Paradise and Streets of Rage 2 were free to download, but inaccessible after that period ended. Around November of that year I subscribed properly to Plus (which I don't regret even a little bit), and I was able to redownload them. So I doubt there's any limit, but it might depend on what it is?

Jikashi wrote: »
    When we all got a free month of Plus after the April 2011 PSN outage, Burnout Paradise and Streets of Rage 2 were free to download, but inaccessible after that period ended. Around November of that year I subscribed properly to Plus (which I don't regret even a little bit), and I was able to redownload them. So I doubt there's any limit, but it might depend on what it is?

You doubt. The point is, there is no concrete information or guarantees.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think it's very clear what we need to do.......never stop giving them money.

Varik wrote: »
    I think it's very clear when we need to do.......never stop giving them money.

If you give it to me, I promise to pass it on.

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    If you give it to me, I promise to pass it on.

It's taken care of, I'm paid up for plus for the next 3 years. I got it when it was going at ~€30 for 12 months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Capcom have a new set of retro games on the store, games like 1943....4.99, you download the Capcom games cabinet first, install...then buy the packs/unlock code.

Loves me some retro games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Varik wrote: »
    It's taken care of, I'm paid up for plus for the next 3 years. I got it when it was going at ~€30 for 12 months.

:eek: 3 year sub?....wjat happens if PS+ is dumped and replaced?....your subs might be worthless, i'm paid up until April 2014....i'll leave it at that and see what happens.

Least if they dump PS+ I wont loose much, though I would guess the service will carry over to the PS4....but *just* in case i'd advise folks to wait and see, or have a sub that runs to Jan-Apr 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

:eek: 3 year sub?....wjat happens if PS+ is dumped and replaced?....your subs might be worthless, i'm paid up until April 2014....i'll leave it at that and see what happens.

Least if they dump PS+ I wont loose much, though I would guess the service will carry over to the PS4....but *just* in case i'd advise folks to wait and see, or have a sub that runs to Jan-Apr 2014.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/394045/ps-plus-to-play-prominent-role-in-ps4-landscape-jim-ryan/

They've confirmed it will play a prominent role with PS4

Deano7788 wrote: »

And this is the single biggest money spinner Sony have had in a long, long time. They won't get rid of it any time soon. They have "secure" recurring revenue stream with almost no liability. I'd surmise that most of the "give always" on plus cost Sony nothing **chi-ching**.

While I wouldn't purchase more than a year up front [personal preference], there is VERY little risk in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Does anyone know if the UK PS+ cards that you buy from the likes of Amazon will work in Ireland on the Irish PS Store?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hogzy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the UK PS+ cards that you buy from the likes of Amazon will work in Ireland on the Irish PS Store?

they won't

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Hogzy wrote: »

As already said, they won't. But you can set up a UK PSN account, spend the money on the cards on that and use whatever games you buy on your other accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

tok9 wrote: »
    they won't

Where is the best place to get them? Half the Gamestops and XtraVisions I go in are usually all out. XtraVision had none at the weekend and I had to buy three €20 ones from Gamestop across the road from it in order to get €50 to keep my PS+ Subscription up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Penn wrote: »
    Where is the best place to get them? Half the Gamestops and XtraVisions I go in are usually all out. XtraVision had none at the weekend and I had to buy three €20 ones from Gamestop across the road from it in order to get €50 to keep my PS+ Subscription up

That's odd, they seem to have a few in the gamestops I've been in.

You could try Gamesnash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

PC World in Limerick and I assume elsewhere are clearing out their Vita and 3DS stuff, and while most of the cases and accessories for two or three euro are gone, they're selling 12 month PS+ subscription cards for €35

Please let them add or discount the new TMNT game, I'm actually excited about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I see the Americans are getting Spec Ops:the line this week, wish I could get that since I already have Mass Effect 3.

I see the Americans are getting Spec Ops:the line this week, wish I could get that since I already have Mass Effect 3.

Got it on PC so not much desire to play it on console, but some MP with PSN friends might be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Is the offer of getting 3 extra months when you buy still going? I'm kicking myself I didn't pick it up in smyths last month when I bought far cry 3. It was just €35 at the time!

No bother, gonna make the jump onto it I think!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Does anyone know if its possible to get a free trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Melion wrote: »

Don't think so they did run an offer before but that was maybe 2 years ago. You can get 3 months for less than €10 on gamestop.ie well worth it.

So you want free access to about 10 games, for free. Free! FREE????
    Pony up for a 3 month deal. After that 3 months, you WILL resub for a year.

Just do it, you know you want to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Some games have a 30 days free trial, Hitman did, my brother used it and wasn't impressed...:o

I got the free trial but now the feckin PS Store wont accept the details from my o2 card :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Is anyone playing God of War? Is it a long game that takes a while to get into, or is it fairly playable straight away?

Cienciano wrote: »
    Is anyone playing God of War? Is it a long game that takes a while to get into, or is it fairly playable straight away?

It's got a nice learning curve. I bought the HD remake [GOW 1 and 2] a year or two ago. Bloody great game. I was outta work for a month. Lashed through both of them. Platinum'd 1 and 90% 2. Never went back to them, though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

F1ngers wrote: »

Some games have a 30 days free trial, Hitman did, my brother used it and wasn't impressed...:o
    I got a code with Hitman too and it wouldn't accept it. Tried it a few times and kept getting the same invalid message, got pissed off and ended up paying for it, glad I did now.
    I probably wouldn't have bothered signing up for it had I not got that code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I got a code with Hitman too and it wouldn't accept it. Tried it a few times and kept getting the same invalid message, got pissed off and ended up paying for it, glad I did now.
    I probably wouldn't have bothered signing up for it had I not got that code.
    You must have had some form of ps+ trial before that. That's why my code wouldn't work because I was on ps+ from the welcome back package.

• Advertisement

Can anyone help me getting the CC details accepted before i **** the playstation off a wall. Ive put in all details perfectly and it keeps giving me error messages.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement