Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

1ZRed wrote: »
    You must have had some form of ps+ trial before that. That's why my code wouldn't work because I was on ps+ from the welcome back package.
    Ah, didn't know that. Yea, I was on it from that package too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Melion wrote: »
    Can anyone help me getting the CC details accepted before i **** the playstation off a wall. Ive put in all details perfectly and it keeps giving me error messages.
    What's the error message?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

cambo2008 wrote: »
    What's the error message?

"O2 card is for Monopoly only. Please use a real card"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Capcom have a new set of retro games on the store, games like 1943....4.99, you download the Capcom games cabinet first, install...then buy the packs/unlock code.

Loves me some retro games.

I cant seem to find this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

weiland79 wrote: »
    I cant seem to find this

type in Capcom....the 1987 arcade bundle + the arcade cabinet show up

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/capcom-arcade-cabinet/cid=EP0102-NPEB00980_00-CACC0255PACKALLX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Ahh i thought it was for VITA.... bummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm kinda hoping for god of war 2 this week, if not free then a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Melion wrote: »
    Can anyone help me getting the CC details accepted before i **** the playstation off a wall. Ive put in all details perfectly and it keeps giving me error messages.

I think I do it with PayPal linked through the card. I'll check when I'm on it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm kinda hoping for god of war 2 this week, if not free then a discount.

Well you got your wish, 50% off and then a 10% off additional Plus discount.

God of War 2 is €8.99 with another 10% off.

The Collections are €14.99 with another 10% off.

Then there's the PSP games and some LBP costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'll do the math when the offer goes live, but I just wondered today when saw Mass Effect 2 will be 30% off with an extra 10% for Plus. Does that mean it's 30% off then 10% off the reduced price or does it mean 40% off? I know it's not a huge difference but just wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

How the hell is GOW 9GIGs? they really updated those textures - i'm downloading it for the last day (i'm on a 1mb line so as you can imagine downloading games takes a while haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

In case anybody is wondering you can download the newest games for PS+ even though they aren't on the instant games collection yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Some 30 day trials if you’ve not tried Plus before:

JT84-M2NR-8223
    93PA-D3NG-24L9
    MQ7B-T8NH-CKTT
    C6QA-7KNQ-E3MN
    FHJ4-JTND-QEEM
    9PFJ-L2NK-7LJJ
    L4DF-5FNA-EQDH
    8L39-7ENK-3CTR
    LBGK-MDN9-K5HN
    EPMB-CRNF-HHRR
    FMB9-6JNE-D28R
    THH7-23NM-HPJH
    C58J-3RN8-5T2T
    43M6-6PNE-DBHD
    2P97-EHNT-QJR8
    GDMH-28N4-JBC6
    Q683-88ND-TFPG
    FC73-HRNK-EFN6
    4HH5-M2NR-2G9L
    QHCQ-7NN4-PTJJ
    64M5-R7N2-NQ62

May need a credit card. If you use these, make sure you come back in 29 days IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO RENEW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

jones wrote: »
    How the hell is GOW 9GIGs? they really updated those textures - i'm downloading it for the last day (i'm on a 1mb line so as you can imagine downloading games takes a while haha)

I downloaded a 9 gig game from PSN last week. It took 26hrs on my 30meg connection. I did a test on XBL and found a 10 gig game. Downloaded that in less than 1 hour. Steam game downloads are faster again.

I don't think it matters what speed your connection is on PSN, it's just slow. I took me over 30 mins last night to download a 200mb patch for Uncharted 3.:eek:

Ran a speed check on my line and it's perfect so the problem is PSN throttling speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

I downloaded a 9 gig game from PSN last week. It took 26hrs on my 30meg connection. I did a test on XBL and found a 10 gig game. Downloaded that in less than 1 hour. Steam game downloads are faster again.

I don't think it matters what speed your connection is on PSN, it's just slow. I took me over 30 mins last night to download a 200mb patch for Uncharted 3.:eek:

Ran a speed check on my line and it's perfect so the problem is PSN throttling speeds.

I'm downloading DOA5 at 2Mb/s right now over wireless on a 25Mb line.

Morpork wrote: »
    I'm downloading DOA5 at 2Mb/s right now over wireless on a 25Mb line.

I'm downloading it too and it says I have 130 mins left. Why the f is it sooo slow.

My PS3 has always been slow. Slow with Magnet and the same with UPC. My PC, laptops and 360s fly along at full line speed.

Just gone up to 240 mins now.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I downloaded GoW last week, that's 9GB it took approximately 4 hours to complete/install. Similar times for any other game of that size.
    Mind you, not on wireless, I am using a cable to connect PS3 and router.

I think the longest I had to download was a 12GB game (could have been Vanquish). It took over five hours. . .

Are you downloading over the wireless?
    Might be the way your router is configured. Perhaps try another channel.

Morpork wrote: »
    Are you downloading over the wireless?
    Might be the way your router is configured. Perhaps try another channel.

If it is my router then why can all my other devices get full speed over wireless and not the PS3. Plus I'm on my 3rd UPC router and it was the same with Magnet. Only the PS3 has speed issues. Can't be the same problem all along with different 4 routers and 2 ISPs with one device? Everything is on wireless as there are no network sockets in the house at all.

Anything else in the house can rip through the downloads but the PS3 might as well be on dial up. Always has been since I've had it now almost 6 years.

Sorry, what I meant was; The PS3 is a bit fussy over wireless. I'm not saying it's the router's fault, but rather it's not configured to precisely how the PS3 needs it to be. What that might be, I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

So my psn+ expired today. Already have the games coming out might go back later in the month. Looking through my download list for Saints Row 3 that I bought and haven't played yet. I noticed all the psn+ games are gone from the list! is this normal will they come back if I resubscribe? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'll do the math when the offer goes live, but I just wondered today when saw Mass Effect 2 will be 30% off with an extra 10% for Plus. Does that mean it's 30% off then 10% off the reduced price or does it mean 40% off? I know it's not a huge difference but just wondering.

the 30% offer is available to all ps3 users and us psplus members will get an extra 10% off that making it 63% of the original full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just grabbed the rest of the God of War games, will be a while before I get to play them but it's something to look forward to.

Just have to smile when put the Instant Game Collection games into the basket and go to the checkout:
    Mass Effect 3 €0.00
    Dead or Alive 5 €0.00
    Joe Danger 2 €0.00
    Total €0.00

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Question: Why are the Instant Games Collection titles not automatically added to your download list? Currently you have to go onto the Store and 'purchase' them but as a Plus member, would it not be easier to just put them in your list so you avoid possibly forgetting to add them or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I downloaded GoW last week, that's 9GB it took approximately 4 hours to complete/install. Similar times for any other game of that size.
    Mind you, not on wireless, I am using a cable to connect PS3 and router.

I think the longest I had to download was a 12GB game (could have been Vanquish). It took over five hours. . .

My ps3 is cabled in aswell wireless is too erratic for a big download like that ha!! I just left it on over night and its still only on 92% i paused it yesterday morning as i didnt want to leave it on all day again. I'll resume tonight the marathon download will continue haha. Why is the PSStore so slow though? i never used XBOX live even when i had one but from comments here its much faster

Otacon wrote: »
    Question: Why are the Instant Games Collection titles not automatically added to your download list? Currently you have to go onto the Store and 'purchase' them but as a Plus member, would it not be easier to just put them in your list so you avoid possibly forgetting to add them or something?

I'd say it's more to do with the fact that the way they do it is just applying a discount which is probably a more efficient way and less likely to break things.

Also imagine if everything PS Plus members got for free was added to the download list. It's bad enough looking for something on the download list without having every avatar and theme to go through as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

So i have Mass Effect 1 and 2 on the xbox and having put a couple of hours into 1 I got bored talking to people. Am thinking of starting again on 3 (supposed to be more action)on the ps3 but I hear its better to play them in order or is that just fanboi crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

sweetie wrote: »
    So i have Mass Effect 1 and 2 on the xbox and having put a couple of hours into 1 I got bored talking to people. Am thinking of starting again on 3 (supposed to be more action)on the ps3 but I hear its better to play them in order or is that just fanboi crap?

It's better to play them in order, but on the same platform as well. Decisions you make carry through to the subsequent games, as do any character deaths. Obviously this won't happen if they're for different platforms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Bought a code online from a UK retailer only to find out it doesn't work with an Irish account. How ****ing thick is that! I'm ****in fuming! Why the **** doesn't it work if it's in the EU with an EU account?

It's actually the stupidest thing I've come to learn in a good while

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement