Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

weiland79 wrote: »
    Yeah but will that work?:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Every

Single

Time

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hey hey hey how are we supposed to find out what happened in the surf resort if mods just delete posts willy nilly!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I just bought the new God of War 500gb Super Slim and was wondering will I be able to redownload all my plus purchases as I am selling my 320gb Slim White console ASAP.

I just bought the new God of War 500gb Super Slim and was wondering will I be able to redownload all my plus purchases as I am selling my 320gb Slim White console ASAP.

Yes. Stuff is tied to your account, not the hardware.

If yer selling the hardware, make sure you deactivate it first [In account settings menu].

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

RangeR wrote: »

If yer selling the hardware, make sure you deactivate it first [In account settings menu].

Thanks, that was the other thing I was wondering should I delete my account on the 320gb after setting up the new console first, this will be my 5th PS3 console in a row now, a 40,60,160slim,320slim and this 500 Super Slim, all the others were also deactivated but only the 320 has had plus on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Thanks, that was the other thing I was wondering should I delete my account on the 320gb after setting up the new console first, this will be my 5th PS3 console in a row now, a 40,60,160slim,320slim and this 500 Super Slim, all the others were also deactivated but only the 320 has had plus on it.

Just deactivate it before selling it, you don't need to do it in any order if it's the only PS3 still active on you account.

Maybe check online to see if any of the other are still active.

account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Not sure if you know or not but you can transfer everything over to the new PS3 over an ethernet cable, it's far faster and it'll save you needing to download any of the games that are already on the 320GB. You'll still need to upload any trophies you have before hand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

+ format the HDD and reset to factory defaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Varik wrote: »

Just deactivate it before selling it, you don't need to do it in any order if it's the only PS3 still active on you account.

Maybe check online to see if any of the other are still active.

account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Not sure if you know or not but you can transfer everything over to the new PS3 over an ethernet cable, it's far faster and it'll save you needing to download any of the games that are already on the 320GB. You'll still need to upload any trophies you have before hand.

I bought a new PS3 at Christmas and transferred everything using the Ethernet cable like you said. But it was actually just last night that I happened to open Batman Arkham City and noticed that none of the DLC I'd bought transferred over. Even though it still recognised my save game, I'm having to redownload all the DLC from the PS Store.

Not sure if it has anything to do with disc vs digital copy of the game, but found it very odd. Not sure if the same has happened with other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Is music unlimited still on promotion on Plus and is it worth it?

• Advertisement

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Is music unlimited still on promotion on Plus and is it worth it?
    No and no

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Sorry if this has been asked before, but anybody know why Wipeout 2048 is listed in the instant game collection for Vita, but still priced at €34.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ronan wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but anybody know why Wipeout 2048 is listed in the instant game collection for Vita, but still priced at €34.99?

They're not that good at sorting what goes where, sometime after the store updates new plus games will be free or reduced but not be in the proper section and you'll need to search for them.

In this case Wipeout left plus last week and they've not removed it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Varik wrote: »

They're not that good at sorting what goes where, sometime after the store updates new plus games will be free or reduced but not be in the proper section and you'll need to search for them.

In this case Wipeout left plus last week and they've not removed it yet.

Thanks, shame only signed up today, so missed out. Still plenty there to get on with!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

No and no

No and no it's not worth it's current price, or no and it wasn't worth the sale price?

€11.99 for an enormous selection of music for a year seems like good value to me!

No and no it's not worth it's current price, or no and it wasn't worth the sale price?

€11.99 for an enormous selection of music for a year seems like good value to me!
    It's not worth the current price of €180. I don't believe the sale price exists anymore. Who said anything about a non existent sale price anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mass Effect 3 is boring the bejaysus out of me. Does it get much better?
    Been playing for an hour and a half and it's got more cutscenes than gameplay. I feel like I'm watching a game rather than playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Have you played the other two in the trilogy? I enjoyed 1 and 2 more than I did 3, but if you mean better as in more action, it does pick up.

Have you played the other two in the trilogy? I enjoyed 1 and 2 more than I did 3, but if you mean better as in more action, it does pick up.
    I have ME2, thought the same about that too. I was under the impression this has a bit more action.
    Spent so long just walking around from cutscene to cutscene I had to turn it off.

Meet with this person, listen to them waffle on, take the elevator to your private quarters, wait while it loads, check a message you received, read through it, get back in the elevator, wait while it loads, ad nauseam...

The only thing I was in control of was walking. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

So when do we find out about next months bundle of wonder? I'm getting a feeling Battlefield 3 will be added soon if it wasn't already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Mass Effect 3 is boring the bejaysus out of me. Does it get much better?
    Been playing for an hour and a half and it's got more cutscenes than gameplay. I feel like I'm watching a game rather than playing it.

I remember playing the demo for 2 or 3 when it came out since I'd never payed the games before and wanted to see what it was like. Because of how long the cutscenes were, I stil don't know if they contributed to me not liking the game or if it was the game itself.

If games like this and Uncharted are how the next gen is going to be measured, it won't be a good thing, in my opinion. Playing cutscene to cutscene is not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

nocoverart wrote: »
    So when do we find out about next months bundle of wonder? I'm getting a feeling Battlefield 3 will be added soon if it wasn't already

Judging by a comment on the PS blog I'd say we'll know Friday.

And I'm hopeful for Sound Shapes.

Also Walking Dead sale on Wednesday finally

No and no

Just curious as to why you think it's not worth it for 11.99 for a years sub? Is there something better available for cheaper thats not illegal? I bought it in January at that price and think it's fantastic, but of course am open to better alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

weiland79 wrote: »
    Just curious as to why you think it's not worth it for 11.99 for a years sub? Is there something better available for cheaper thats not illegal? I bought it in January at that price and think it's fantastic, but of course am open to better alternatives.

It's not worth the current price of €180. I don't believe the sale price exists anymore. Who said anything about a non existent sale price anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

I have ME2, thought the same about that too. I was under the impression this has a bit more action.
    Spent so long just walking around from cutscene to cutscene I had to turn it off.

Meet with this person, listen to them waffle on, take the elevator to your private quarters, wait while it loads, check a message you received, read through it, get back in the elevator, wait while it loads, ad nauseam...

The only thing I was in control of was walking. :(

If you've played through 2 and aren't invested in the story then Mass Effect's not for you. The whole talking to this person, watching that cut scene is Mass Effect. There just happens to be some shooter stuff in between. It's brilliance is in the world, the story, the characters and the high production values. Different strokes and alll that but how anyone could not love a game with a singing Salarian scientist I fail to understand. :pac:

sin0city wrote: »
    Open world games in the last while for me, have been:

1) Episodes From Liberty City
    2) Saints Row 2 (Thank you Plus)
    3) GTA IV and Saints Row: The third.

Haven't played enough of Sleeping Dogs yet to see where it fits in for me.

Finished Sleeping Dogs over the weekend.
    It goes straight in at the f*cking top :)
    See the second one is going to be PS4/720.

If you've played through 2 and aren't invested in the story then Mass Effect's not for you. The whole talking to this person, watching that cut scene is Mass Effect. There just happens to be some shooter stuff in between. It's brilliance is in the world, the story, the characters and the high production values. Different strokes and alll that but how anyone could not love a game with a singing Salarian scientist I fail to understand. :pac:
    I didn't play through 2. It bored me to tears.
    I played the demo of 3 and it seemed much better but it seems that had a very high action/gametime ratio compared to the rest of what I've played.

You're right though, it's not for me. If I want something with a good story and high production values I'll watch a movie. For gaming it has to be much more involving than that imo.

Otacon wrote: »

Sorry didn't read further than the previous page.

I didn't play through 2. It bored me to tears.
    I played the demo of 3 and it seemed much better but it seems that had a very high action/gametime ratio compared to the rest of what I've played.

You're right though, it's not for me. If I want something with a good story and high production values I'll watch a movie. For gaming it has to be much more involving than that imo.

It's possibly the most involving game I've played so we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. I'd read through all the events of the first game on wiki though so maybe that helped get me into it.
    If you want a more action-oriented RPG you should check out Fallout if you haven't already.

• Advertisement

It's possibly the most involving game I've played so we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. I'd read through all the events of the first game on wiki though so maybe that helped get me into it.
    If you want a more action-oriented RPG you should check out Fallout if you haven't already.
    Maybe it's just RPG's, didn't really like Fallout 3 either :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement