Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

At the start of ME3 i chose to play the game action style when i was asked, i am finding it much better not having to wade through loads of conversations and choose my next question.
    dont find the cutscenes too bad when playing this way tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

tok9 wrote: »

Also Walking Dead sale on Wednesday finally

Nice. Just saw this. With Episode 1 free and a 50% discount on the rest for plus you can get the whole series for €10. Wasn't taken with the demo but will give it a shot at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

cambo2008 wrote: »
    You're right though, it's not for me. If I want something with a good story and high production values I'll watch a movie. For gaming it has to be much more involving than that imo.

Just as an aside, I really hope the day comes along soon when that phrase is redundant. I would guess that when movies first came along people would have said the same about going to a play if they wanted something with a good story.

Gaming really needs to raise it's game (pun intended!) in relation to story telling and narrative so that games with great stories and great action are not viewed as mutually exclusive.

/rant over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

sin0city wrote: »
    Nice. Just saw this. With Episode 1 free and a 50% discount on the rest for plus you can get the whole series for €10. Wasn't taken with the demo but will give it a shot at that price.

Down to a tenner? Saw €15 online and was thinking thats a bargain, for a tenner, I'm delighted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just as an aside, I really hope the day comes along soon when that phrase is redundant. I would guess that when movies first came along people would have said the same about going to a play if they wanted something with a good story.

Gaming really needs to raise it's game (pun intended!) in relation to story telling and narrative so that games with great stories and great action are not viewed as mutually exclusive.

/rant over :)
    :confused: I wasn't aware it was a common phrase.
    I agree on the last part. Bioshock does it well imo. I even enjoyed the Far Cry 3 story even if it was a little cheesy. There's plenty of others I enjoyed too, God of War and Half Life etc.
    I suppose I just wasn't into the storyline of ME and if you're not then it's going to be a pretty boring game.

• Advertisement

Here's the first episode free. The season pass comes in at €11.24 with plus so it's dearer than buying them individually. You do get a premium theme though if you're into that.

I hadn't realised the TV series is back on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I paid 20 quid for the season pass when it was first released and to be honest it's worth twice that. For €11.24, it is an absolute must have for last years GOTY.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

weiland79 wrote: »
    Just curious as to why you think it's not worth it for 11.99 for a years sub? Is there something better available for cheaper thats not illegal? I bought it in January at that price and think it's fantastic, but of course am open to better alternatives.

I think it's well worth it in one sense as money goes to the artists, when people play their songs. I used it for a couple of months on my phone after buying a subscription. €180 a year to listen to whatever music you like? Illegal alternative is null and void in this argument anyway.

I do prefer Spotify, as the app on phone and computer is more responsive and is more community orientated, but as of yet Spotify isn't on Playstation 3 or Vita. The Music Unlimited library is bigger, I think, though.

Is there any store new content being released today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Are there any trial codes available from certain places for PS+, like the way you can get tril codes of XBL Gold?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

EnterNow wrote: »
    Are there any trial codes available from certain places for PS+, like the way you can get tril codes of XBL Gold?

I posted about 20 of them a week or two ago. Besides, it's only €15 for 3 months. I know it's "money" but you really won't regret it. If anything, you will kick yourself for not signing up for the year URL="https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games/psplus"]and get 90 days free[/URL

sheehy83 wrote: »

No. Sony has gone bankrupt and won't be releasing any more software. PSN is also offline for the foreseeable.

RangeR wrote: »
    I posted about 20 of them a week or two ago. Besides, it's only €15 for 3 months. I know it's "money" but you really won't regret it. If anything, you will kick yourself for not signing up for the year URL="https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games/psplus"]and get 90 days free[/URL

Thats actually pretty damn good, cheers. Think I'll bite the bullet & do that now :)

Quick PS+ noob question, I take it the free game of the month is only available for that selected month & that I won't be able to download previous titles that got Game of the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

There are some games from previous months still available, Mortal Kombat, Infamous 2, Little Big Planet 2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse, Quantum Conundrum, F1 Race Stars and Guardians of Middle Earth

Thats actually pretty damn good, cheers. Think I'll bite the bullet & do that now :)

Quick PS+ noob question, I take it the free game of the month is only available for that selected month & that I won't be able to download previous titles that got Game of the month?

If you sign up today, you will get these as well as future games. You won't get older deals unless Sony decide to re-release them again.

Apart from the core games like the above, it generally operates like a rotation system...games become available and are removed on given dates. But as long as you are subscribed you can add games to your download list as they become available and then download/play them at any time for the duration of your subscription. Playstation Blog is where to keep up with new content and when it will become available and be removed.

There should be a sticky/FAQ page for this stuff.

Nothing much.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/03/20/heads-up-playstation-store-update-20th-march-2013/#more-119203

sin0city wrote: »
    Apart from the core games like the above, it generally operates like a rotation system...games become available and are removed on given dates. But as long as you are subscribed you can add games to your download list as they become available and then download/play them at any time for the duration of your subscription. Playstation Blog is where to keep up with new content and when it will become available and be removed.

There should be a sticky/FAQ page for this stuff.

Yup, this bit is VERY important. You need to "purchase" these free PS+ games while they are available, even if you don't want to download them immediately. Once they are purchased [on your account] you can download them at any time.

It really is bad form for Sony not to automatically put the free PS+ stuff on PS+ accounts weekly, automatically. Or at least give us the options to auto add games and/or dlc and/or avatars [:mad:] and/or themes etc.

Yup, this bit is VERY important. You need to "purchase" these free PS+ games while they are available, even if you don't want to download them immediately. Once they are purchased [on your account] you can download them at any time.

It really is bad form for Sony not to automatically put the free PS+ stuff on PS+ accounts weekly, automatically. Or at least give us the options to auto add games and/or dlc and/or avatars [:mad:] and/or themes etc.

Ah I see, still, its pretty damn good value pound for pound against XBL Gold. Finally {:o} see the way there are Vita games listed for free now that I've upgraded to PS+, if I add them to the basket now & pick up a Vita in a few months will they still be available to me also?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Ah I see, still, its pretty damn good value pound for pound against XBL Gold. Finally {:o} see the way there are Vita games listed for free now that I've upgraded to PS+, if I add them to the basket now & pick up a Vita in a few months will they still be available to me also?

Yup, you should add all of the games to your download list, even the ones you may not be initially interested in.

If you keep adding the Vita games to your list, you could end up with a huge library before you have even bought the console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Exactly. I bought a Vita, have bought only one game yet, and have 5 Decent Vita titles already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Does anyone know how to get the latest access show (episode 74) on the PSN ? I looked everywhere on the store but can't find Access. Its does say that it is available in IE on the PlayStation blog

PS2 classic The Warriors is on PSN! Such a great game. I would imagine it has aged terribly though but still a must play for any fan of the film.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/the-warriors/cid=EP1004-NPED00243_00-GWARRIORSX000001

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games

The web store is the handiest for adding content, you can't push it to download but it make searching and buying anything simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

PS2 classic The Warriors is on PSN! Such a great game. I would imagine it has aged terribly though but still a must play for any fan of the film.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/the-warriors/cid=EP1004-NPED00243_00-GWARRIORSX000001

It's available for VITA as well I've been mulling it over all week.

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get the latest access show (episode 74) on the PSN ? I looked everywhere on the store but can't find Access. Its does say that it is available in IE on the PlayStation blog

Have you looked on the PS3 PSN Store? The web one appears to concentrate heavily on games only.

Have you looked on the PS3 PSN Store? The web one appears to concentrate heavily on games only.

Yes I checked it out but no luck. There is only one episode that I can find but they do advertise the latest Access episode as available on the PSN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Played the first episode for about 20minutes in 'walking dead' to see if i liked it....well i bought the rest of the episodes because i am hooked to it already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Otacon wrote: »
    Yup, you should add all of the games to your download list, even the ones you may not be initially interested in.

If you keep adding the Vita games to your list, you could end up with a huge library before you have even bought the console.

Exactly what I am doing - slowly but surely building my private library for the off chance E3 will see a price drop though Amazon.it nearly tempted me last week until I realised my credit card was already way in the red. I hate that colour now...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement