Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Varik wrote: »
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games

The web store is the handiest for adding content, you can't push it to download but it make searching and buying anything simpler.

Just used this to 'buy' some of the Instant Game Collection software, so am I right in understanding that I'll still be able to download these games next month when they are replaced with newer ones, because I've gone through the purchasing process?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

EnterNow wrote: »
    Just used this to 'buy' some of the Instant Game Collection software, so am I right in understanding that I'll still be able to download these games next month when they are replaced with newer ones, because I've gone through the purchasing process?

Yes. As long as you've added them to your download queue and your sub has not expired you can download them again in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I believe so.

Safest bet (and what I tend to do) is to start downloading them, then simply go into Download Management, press Triangle and Pause them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The one thing you have to be careful of which is annoying is that some games have trial and unlock so be sure you "purchase" the unlock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Penn wrote: »
    I believe so.

Safest bet (and what I tend to do) is to start downloading them, then simply go into Download Management, press Triangle and Pause them.

Just to save yourself doing that, there's no need. I've never started and cancelled and everything is still available in my download list.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Yeah a link was posted to it yesterday & I whipped it up...great deal

Best thing about these deals is they can be stacked. Even if you are already in a sub, buying this just adds the 15 months onto the end of your current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sin0city wrote: »
    Just to save yourself doing that, there's no need. I've never started and cancelled and everything is still available in my download list.

I know. To be honest, I mostly do it because the internet is so poor where I live, that if I'm watching stuff on my external hard drive, playing a game but not using online or am simply not using the PS3, I tend to let things download a bit in the background. When the time comes that I do want to play one of the games, it takes so long to download from scratch that I prefer to have it at least 90% downloaded.

The fact that I use the PS3 for dvds, blurays, and some games which even when not signed in don't seem to allow downloads in the background, it means that my PS3 has little time to actually download stuff, and it's slow anyway due to my internet.

Besides, anything which means I can spend as little time in the PS Store as required gets my vote :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Quick question, if i was to renew for 12 months tomorrow, and i got a PS4 around xmas, would it carry over??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Scylla wrote: »
    Quick question, if i was to renew for 12 months tomorrow, and i got a PS4 around xmas, would it carry over??

They haven't said anything about ps plus on ps4, ps3 games won't run on ps4 is all they've said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm very confident that plus will be on the PS4 and the subscription you have now, will work with it as it does with Vita and PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

How big are game downlaods? I know they vary but roughly? Ever since I downloaded PS Plus and started getting digital copies my internet usage has gone through the roof. The Ps updates regularly now which, I guess may also be effecting it.
    I've downloaded Dead Space 3 and Vanquish but can't believe these would have increased the usage as much as they have.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    How big are game downlaods? I know they vary but roughly? Ever since I downloaded PS Plus and started getting digital copies my internet usage has gone through the roof. The Ps updates regularly now which, I guess may also be effecting it.
    I've downloaded Dead Space 3 and Vanquish but can't believe these would have increased the usage as much as they have.

Depends on the game really. You can see the size mentioned before you download:

Mass Effect 3 - 14GB
    F1 Race Stars - 6GB
    Joe Danger 2 - 1GB

Next PS Plus Update announcement at 1pm today via the blog.

From Twitter:
    It's that time again - we'll be revealing which games are coming to PS Plus in April at 1pm GMT on PlayStation Blog: http://bit.ly/FJOXs

Any guesses?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'd take a stab at Bioshock 2 if its there. Seem to remember seeing it on the store before.

They already had Bioshock 2.
    Maybe a Sly Cooper game? Though that could be a surprise like God of War.

Tough call on what it could be.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/03/22/playstation-plus-your-april-update/

3rd April: Okami HD
    3rd April: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
    3rd April: The Cave
    10th April: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
    24th April: Thomas Was Alone

Okami is a great game, highly recommend it Would actually be great for the vita now that I think about it.

Not sure about LOTR but I'm happy with The Cave.

Vita games look great again.

Looks like Thomas was alone is coming to both PS3 and Vita.

Okami HD would be tempting. May even invest in a Move controller for that.

Played it on the Wii. Best non Zelda Zelda game I've played

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Leaving PS Plus in April:
    3rd April: Mass Effect 3
    3rd April: Mortal Kombat
    3rd April: Guardians of Middle Earth
    10th April: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
    24th April: Puddle

Entering PS Plus in April:
    3rd April: Okami HD
    3rd April: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
    3rd April: The Cave
    10th April: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
    24th April: Thomas Was Alone

OKAMI!!! ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Personally not that excited by these games, but I guess it can't be great every month

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

That's quick for The Cave, it only came out in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Delighted with that. Have always wanted to play Okami and it's nice to have Zero Escape: VLR on vita.

nocoverart wrote: »
    Personally not that excited by these games, but I guess it can't be great every month

Have you played any of the above games?

Okami really is brilliant and from what I've heard the Cave is good.

I'm going to assume you don't own a vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Not a great month in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

tok9 wrote: »
    Have you played any of the above games?

Okami really is brilliant ad from what I've heard the Cave is good.

I'm going to assume you don't own a vita.

Exactly! I don't own a Vita. I was referring to the PS3 games, but the second I have a few spare quid I'll be buying a Vita for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Happy with that, particularly Okami HD and The Cave.

Wouldn't have paid money for LOTR; it's not supposed to be great but as a Tolkien fan will give it a go.

The thing about that LotR game is there was another LotR game not that long ago.

I think the main thing noticeable is they don't have their usual 2 Retail games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

was gonna reply earlier and say okami! sweet, have my move controller from my new ps3 too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I wonder how good Okami is without Move? I played a bit of it on the Wii before and motion control seemed pretty integral to the whole thing.

The Cave looks good though so I'm happy enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement