Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I wonder how good Okami is without Move? I played a bit of it on the Wii before and motion control seemed pretty integral to the whole thing.

The Cave looks good though so I'm happy enough.

It came out on ps2 before motion controls existed so I'll say it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And, again, as a reminder for anyone who may have just joined Plus and this thread over the past month: Be sure to have the 5 games leaving PS Plus "purchased" and added to your download list before the dates they're scheduled to leave.
    aaronh007 wrote: »
    Leaving PS Plus in April:
    3rd April: Mass Effect 3
    3rd April: Mortal Kombat
    3rd April: Guardians of Middle Earth
    10th April: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
    24th April: Puddle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And, again, as a reminder for anyone who may have just joined Plus and this thread over the past month: Be sure to have the 5 games leaving PS Plus "purchased" and added to your download list before the dates they're scheduled to leave.
    Metal Gear Solid HD collection is not in my instant game collection :confused:
    It's coming up as €39.99 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid HD collection is not in my instant game collection :confused:
    It's coming up as €39.99 for me.

It's the Vita version, not PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Deano7788 wrote: »

It's the Vita version, not PS3.
    Ah, I see. Was looking forward to that when announced and then forgot about it when it wasn't there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

fantastic update, gets better and better especially for the vita, cant believe the quality of the games being released . Youd be mad not to have plus

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

The more I download (esp the vita games) the more tempted I am to pick one up. Just in "negotiations" with my OH right now on why a vita is critical to me and is more important than say a refill of kerosene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I've 'purchased' the games I want from the store, & they seem to be in my recent transactions list on the XMB...do I need to do anything more?
    Taltos wrote: »
    The more I download (esp the vita games) the more tempted I am to pick one up

Same here :o Any good offers on them at the mo?

amazon.it is retailing for 159 Euro - seems like a steal but then you gotta factor in memory...
    But tempted.
    Keep an eye on the site it went up to 168 for a few days and dropped back down 2 or 3 days ago.

amazon.it is retailing for 159 Euro - seems like a steal but then you gotta factor in memory...
    But tempted.
    Keep an eye on the site it went up to 168 for a few days and dropped back down 2 or 3 days ago.

Thats a pretty good price really. Are the memory cards big money?

• Advertisement

Still are quite a bit more than standard memory. One of the main things putting me off - like 32G is 85 Euro there. Crazy when you can get a 1Tb HDD for around the same price.. Rip off city - but proprietary so can understand why, just don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

EnterNow wrote: »
    I've 'purchased' the games I want from the store, & they seem to be in my recent transactions list on the XMB...do I need to do anything more?

That should be it. You should also seem them in your "Download" list. If you don't [and it would be strange], kick off the download, then cancel it after a few seconds. I've never had to do that.

32G is 85 Euro

:eek: Ouch!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anyone who has a Vita NEEDS to play Virtue's Last Reward when it comes onto Plus (although they should have played it already :p). I would say it's an even more interesting story than Walking Dead offers once you adjust to its truly unique pace and structure. It has more than its fare share of quirks - especially when it comes to the puzzle gameplay - but it's easily one of my favourite games of last year.

Although Wiki the plot of its DS predecessor Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors first!

Decent update, although again not a hell of a lot for me. Already bought The Cave (which alas doesn't live up to its potential), although will probably give Okami HD a whirl to see how it makes the graphical transition.

:eek: Ouch!

Cheaper in Smyth's...

OK gang - have taken the plunge - can't wait now :)

update: shipping / taxes brought it in at 171

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Cheaper in Smyth's...

Its a brilliant handheld that you need to own to really appreciate it. I'm currently addicted to persona 4 which is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sledgejammer

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Leaving PS Plus in April:
    3rd April: Mass Effect 3
    3rd April: Mortal Kombat
    3rd April: Guardians of Middle Earth
    10th April: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
    24th April: Puddle

Entering PS Plus in April:
    3rd April: Okami HD
    3rd April: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
    3rd April: The Cave
    10th April: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
    24th April: Thomas Was Alone

OKAMI!!! ^_^

I can't find the games that are set to expire but do have some of the games set for April, any way to get the old games? Wouldn't mind Mortal Kombat...I'm not sure if it's different because I've a Canadian account, do we get different games?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I can't find the games that are set to expire but do have some of the games set for April, any way to get the old games? Wouldn't mind Mortal Kombat...I'm not sure if it's different because I've a Canadian account, do we get different games?

Yes it's different games, the North american store doesn't get told what they're getting as far in advance as we do.

Cheaper in Smyth's...

update: shipping / taxes brought it in at 171

Where did you buy it from?

Where did you buy it from?
    http://www.amazon.it/gp/aw/d/B004L2KWIS/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1364131674&sr=8-1&pi=SL75
    Amazon.it might be cheaper elsewhere but this is new not second hand like others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

nocoverart wrote: »
    Personally not that excited by these games, but I guess it can't be great every month
    They have to give you a couple of bad months, gives you a chance to play all the stuff from the good months

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can't see any mention of it but there's the PSN pick which is Killzone HD and Infamous festival of blood for €19.99 but for some reason as I can't find it listed anywhere it's down on the store as €12.49 until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gonna be like the days of Christmas sale except for Easter, new deal every 48 hours. There is a week long sale as well but mostly kidie disney games.

Hoping Dishonored makes it into the big sales, ragin I didn't pick it up last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Spring sale isn't great alright but still some stuff that might be worth a look at these prices:

Child of Eden (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
    Was €14.99/£11.99, now €4.99/£3.99
    Additional 10% off for Plus subscribers

Driver: San Francisco (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
    Was €14.99/£10.99, now €7.49/£5.99

PixelJunk Monsters
    Was €4.99/£3.99, now €2.49/£1.99

Trine 2
    Was €11.25/£8.99, now €5.49/£4.49

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Will be picking up driver at that price

Today's egg hunt is Tomb Raider for €29.99 (with the usual great exchange rate with UK price being £19.99)

My guess is either Revengeance or DmC being a later offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Hoping for a big chunk taken off Ni No Kuni sometime in this sale. Also The Unfinished Swan, which I missed out on at Christmas because you couldn't get it discounted if you already own Journey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Today's egg hunt is Tomb Raider for €29.99 (with the usual great exchange rate with UK price being £19.99)

My guess is either Revengeance or DmC being a later offer

Still, pretty good offer. Too good for me to pass up! Its a large file though, near 13 gb

Includes some DLC as well apparently, if you're into that sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Includes some DLC as well apparently, if you're into that sort of thing.

It has some of the guns from the Hitman series, a multiplayer map, and a new mission as dlc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement